Expired Hot Deals

Sun sui wah in vancouver

Sun sui wah main st vancouver have Chinese sticky rice cake Nian gao buy 5 get one free

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 19th, 2022 5:15 am
10 replies
Jul 10, 2017
94 posts
175 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
One of the best Dim Sum spots in Van to boot!
Deal Guru
Jun 1, 2006
12416 posts
15544 upvotes
z0mbi3 wrote: One of the best Dim Sum spots in Van to boot!
One of the most expensive too plus small portions.

Western Lake on Victoria Drive better.
Have a nice day!

Deal Fanatic
Sep 19, 2002
5015 posts
4234 upvotes
Vancouver
LonesomeDove wrote: Western Lake on Victoria Drive better.
Sorry have to disagree for nian gao. Bought from from Western Lake last year and I think it was only $7 or $8. Probably one of the worst texture and taste out there. They use table sugar instead of pure piece sugar. They use bean powder to minimize the amount of manual kneading required. Maybe they used to be good but last year was terrible.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 29, 2007
5428 posts
1975 upvotes
LonesomeDove wrote: One of the most expensive too plus small portions.

I used to go to Western Lake regularly. Once every 2-3 months for about 2 yrs for lunch and dinner.

They still have good size portions but they have raised prices so value is not as good as before.

Been going to place 1-2 blocks south across the street for dim sum. Golden something. Dim sum is comparable but about 20 to 30% cheaper.
Deal Guru
Jun 1, 2006
12416 posts
15544 upvotes
Spinner wrote: Sorry have to disagree for nian gao. Bought from from Western Lake last year and I think it was only $7 or $8. Probably one of the worst texture and taste out there. They use table sugar instead of pure piece sugar. They use bean powder to minimize the amount of manual kneading required. Maybe they used to be good but last year was terrible.
Only talking about Dim Sum at Western Lake. No idea about their nian gao.
Have a nice day!

Deal Guru
Jun 1, 2006
12416 posts
15544 upvotes
Speedy1 wrote: I used to go to Western Lake regularly. Once every 2-3 months for about 2 yrs for lunch and dinner.

They still have good size portions but they have raised prices so value is not as good as before.

Been going to place 1-2 blocks south across the street for dim sum. Golden something. Dim sum is comparable but about 20 to 30% cheaper.
It's call Golden Swan Restaurant on Victorian Dr and 37th. Western Lake is at Victoria and 34th. Golden Swan is not bad and certainly cheaper than Sun Sui Wah.
Have a nice day!

Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2017
4780 posts
3281 upvotes
Vancouver
LonesomeDove wrote: One of the most expensive too plus small portions.

I agree but with capacity restrictions, if you want to go there, you probably have to wait a long time these days. Anytime i drive pass there (if its during morning/afternoon when they are in business) there are pretty long lines outside. They used to have lines during the weekend (and sometime even weekdays) even before capacity restrictions. Western lake does have bigger portions but price wise its pretty much the same now (mostly because Western Lake price pretty much double in the last 3 years). Of course it feels like Western Lake portions are 2x the size of SSW so its still a better deal.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 25, 2002
6159 posts
717 upvotes
Vancouver
Been getting dim sum take out at Western Lake for their large portion, all day dim sum, and promo offering. The promo is getting smaller with only 10% off for take out. Time to try other places. Do golden swan have take out dim sum?

Since the last few replies are getting off topic, I might as well.. Any place close by these two restaurants have good portion take out peking duck two course meal? Feels like everywhere that offer Peking duck take out is a rip off with small portion.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)