• Last Updated:
  • Jun 20th, 2016 9:01 am
[OP]
Mar 17, 2012
79 posts
10 upvotes
OTTAWA

suncast tremont shed (8X7) anchoring floor panel to wood platform

i recently purchased suncast tremont shed. The instructions are good enough but missing the details of the crucial step. How to anchor the floor panel to the foundation (wooden). Could someone elaborate step by step on how to do that.

https://images.atgstores.com/pdf/1293/0 ... ctions.pdf
3 replies
Deal Fanatic
Feb 15, 2005
6047 posts
1534 upvotes
I used #12x2" screws with the biggest washers I could find. Place the washers in the corner, sink screws in. Not that difficult. The washers are to spread the force of the screw over a larger area than the screw head, probably not necessary but it makes me feel better if I over torqued it.
⬆⬆⬇⬇⬅➡⬅➡BA

「上上下下左右左右BA」
[OP]
Mar 17, 2012
79 posts
10 upvotes
OTTAWA
Thanks.. few more questions. I do not see holes on the floor to put screws in. I only see there are few holes underneath the floor base. Are the screws supposed to go there? Does the washer goes in the top or bottom?
Deal Guru
Jan 11, 2004
10020 posts
878 upvotes
Toronto
cybersitter wrote: Thanks.. few more questions. I do not see holes on the floor to put screws in. I only see there are few holes underneath the floor base. Are the screws supposed to go there? Does the washer goes in the top or bottom?
if the floor panels are plastic, you can drill your own holes, be sure to use some caulking to seal the screws from water if your floor gets wet. prevents the wood from getting wet.
"When operating the viewfinder diopter control with your eye to the viewfinder, care should be taken not to put your finger in your eye accidentally."