• Last Updated:
  • Aug 21st, 2017 1:10 am
[OP]
May 1, 2012
112 posts
12 upvotes
Markham

Sunday downtown Toronto Street parking

There are lots of sight around downtown area, wondering whether any free Street parking close centre Island , queen park and city Hall?

Thanks
3 replies
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
50486 posts
14811 upvotes
ONTARIO
No there isnt any free parking.

There is... but they are super secret spots i won't reveal. They're packed enough as is!
Plus even if you knew, its like winning the lottery to be able to find a spot there. I know of these spots all around downtown bc i live near downtown and drive. I usually drive pass the free spots to see if any are there, usually always full. So half the time i find a freebie, the other half i pay.

I also noticed that parking enforcement is catching on... so you get issued a ticket for the "no parking for 3+hrs" rule.
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2015
3293 posts
4700 upvotes
Toronto, ON
UrbanPoet wrote: No there isnt any free parking.

There is... but they are super secret spots i won't reveal. They're packed enough as is!
Plus even if you knew, its like winning the lottery to be able to find a spot there. I know of these spots all around downtown bc i live near downtown and drive. I usually drive pass the free spots to see if any are there, usually always full. So half the time i find a freebie, the other half i pay.

I also noticed that parking enforcement is catching on... so you get issued a ticket for the "no parking for 3+hrs" rule.
Why mention it if you're not going to share where these spots are?

OP, I found this website which shows some free parking spots. I have never used it though, and am not sure how accurate or reliable it is.

http://www.parkingrepublic.com

Edit: there also used to be some spots at the university of Toronto, near St George and College St., in the alley beside the Galbraith/Stanford Flemming building. Technically, they're reserved for faculty, but on weekends we used to park there all the time. Park at your own risk however. I haven't been to downtown in a very long time.