Expired Hot Deals

[Sunny Supermarket] Beef tongue $3.99/lb @ Sunny Supermarket (Leslie/Finch)

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 5th, 2020 12:22 pm
[OP]
Deal Guru
Sep 1, 2005
10569 posts
5644 upvotes
Markham

Beef tongue $3.99/lb @ Sunny Supermarket (Leslie/Finch)

Price:
Expiry:
August 6, 2020
Retailer:
Sunny Supermarket
Please do not post and/or downvote this if you don't eat it or haven't eaten it [and don't want to eat it] or are grossed out about eating Beef tongue.

Not sure if it's fresh or frozen or previously frozen. $3.99/lb [Reg $6.99/lb] is a good price especially if fresh.

Beef tongue is one of the beefiest tasting cuts and also one of the tenderest cuts of beef. Cut into a dice, it makes a great taco.
Last edited by gr8dlr on Aug 5th, 2020 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
35 replies
Oct 14, 2009
405 posts
58 upvotes
just had one cooked with mushroom soup, bought at 6.99 per lb. good price at 3.99 wish there is one here in BC
Deal Fanatic
Mar 10, 2004
6338 posts
2562 upvotes
Pickled tongue with hot mustard on caraway rye is to die for.
Nov 4, 2002
835 posts
37 upvotes
Burnaby
Oh man, wish this was Lower Mainland. Tongue tacos would be amazing right now
Aug 25, 2011
178 posts
96 upvotes
LONDON
Gonna load up now. Thanks for the heads up! I appreciate you.
Dec 20, 2007
53 posts
51 upvotes
Toronto
One of my favs

I specifically like thinking “am I tasting it or is it tasting me?” Makes it much better.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Sep 1, 2005
10569 posts
5644 upvotes
Markham
Don't understand the downvote. It's not a bad product because you've never had it or don't want to eat it. That's a personal choice. Why do you go into the thread just to downvote it.

Bad product world be something that breaks easily or doesn't work. This is meat. Unless it's expired meat, it's not bad product.
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2004
1244 posts
422 upvotes
Toronto, ON
gr8dlr wrote: Don't understand the downvote. It's not a bad product because you've never had it or don't want to eat it. That's a personal choice. Why do you go into the thread just to downvote it.

Bad product world be something that breaks easily or doesn't work. This is meat. Unless it's expired meat, it's not bad product.
A lot of people have "racist" baby palateSmiling Face With Sunglasses That said, kudos to french and Italians who also have refined palate as Asians and many other cultures.
Aug 1, 2005
261 posts
146 upvotes
ericw wrote: A lot of people have "racist" baby palateSmiling Face With Sunglasses That said, kudos to french and Italians who also have refined palate as Asians and many other cultures.
I wouldn't rush to call people racist just because they're not experimental in their food choices. I certainly wouldn't stereotype Asians, the French, or Italians as having refined palates. Such a statement is literally racist.
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2004
1244 posts
422 upvotes
Toronto, ON
metaphor_ wrote: I wouldn't rush to call people racist just because they're not experimental in their food choices. I certainly wouldn't stereotype Asians, the French, or Italians as having refined palates. Such a statement is literally racist.
First of all, I didn't call any person racist. I've been to over 100 countries and learnt long time ago to appreciate local traditions everywhere I go. I have been always willing to trylocal cuisines - no matter how foreign they are to average Canadian palate. I've experienced many times that my fellow travellers or friends at home feeling "disgusted" at things people eat in other parts of the world. Don't deny there's some underlying "cultural superiority" in play here. It may be "experimental" for someone, but part of daily diet for another.

Dont want to be OT. I had beef tougue first time at a korean BBQ - they were delicious!
Deal Addict
Oct 6, 2007
1042 posts
434 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Really curious to try this but no way am I going to cook it myself the first time I ever eat it... I want to know what 'good' is before I try to make it lol
May 28, 2012
10886 posts
3038 upvotes
Saskatoon
There have been a few OT posts removed already. Stick to discussing the actual deal or ignore the thread.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 31, 2017
6492 posts
2835 upvotes
maytricks wrote: Really curious to try this but no way am I going to cook it myself the first time I ever eat it... I want to know what 'good' is before I try to make it lol

Very tender meat. It's a delicacy. The next time someone sticks their tongue out at you, you will salivate and wont help but think of your first beef tongue dish you;ve ever eaten.