• Jul 23rd, 2021 10:10 am
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Dec 26, 2014
7079 posts
7579 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB

Sunrise Records Club Sunrise Program ending effective immediately

This is kind of amusing when contrasting with the iRewards thread when you look at how quickly this one is ending vs that one.

Got this email earlier today.
We are sad to announce that effective this Friday, July 23, 2021 - will be shutting down Club Sunrise - our loyalty app and stamps program. While we know this will be disappointing to some customers, we feel that the Club has run its course and is no longer the best way we can offer value to our customers.

But fear not! Even though we are ending Club Sunrise, we have teamed up with our partners at Get In The Loop to bring our Club Sunrise members an exclusive offer as a token of our appreciation. We will have more information on this new offer by Friday, August 6 so keep an eye on your inbox!
Personally using it was a pain in the ass (you had to manually scan your receipt into the app, and it would verify transaction details against their database), and I never made enough purchases there to even make it worth using in the first place, so I don't think this one is a big loss.
1 reply
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2017
2991 posts
2799 upvotes
K-W/Guelph
chemicalxv wrote: Personally using it was a pain in the ass (you had to manually scan your receipt into the app, and it would verify transaction details against their database), and I never made enough purchases there to even make it worth using in the first place, so I don't think this one is a big loss.
That's a lot of work, I see why it never took off.