$1 Pancakes --- Tuesday Feb 25 2020

Deal Link:
Price:
$1
Expiry:
February 25, 2020
Retailer:
Sunset Grill
$1 Pancakes this coming Tuesday at Sunset Grill. 100% of proceeds go to Canadian Cancer Society.
01B82476-1354-49F6-B117-8B060D78297C.jpeg

Join us for our Annual Pancake Tuesday Fundraiser at Sunset Grill. All Sunset Grill franchised restaurants across Ontario, Canada participate in an Annual Pancake Tuesday Fundraiser event on Shrove Tuesday, where we serve our signature buttermilk pancakes for only $1. We do this in support of Canadian Cancer Society programs and research, and to raise awareness for the cause. A $1 contribution is made to the Canadian Cancer Society from each Sunset Grill pancake sold.

We would like to extend a heartfelt thank you to all of our valued guests, dedicated franchisees, and amazing staff members who have contributed to this very important initiative since the launch of the campaign in 2009. Together we have raised more than $144,000 for the cause and Canadians living with cancer.

A special mention goes out to our incredible suppliers Waffles International and Lynch for donating product to the event. We wouldn’t be where we are today without your unwavering support!

Our next Pancake Tuesday Fundraiser event is February 25, 2020.
33 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jun 1, 2006
6606 posts
5494 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks, but no thanks... prefer to donate directly to the charity
I swear to drunk I'm not God 😝
Jun 12, 2005
209 posts
198 upvotes
$1 a pancake! How much do they normally go for?
Jan 28, 2010
343 posts
140 upvotes
GTA
roblombardi wrote: Thanks, but no thanks... prefer to donate directly to the charity
Their FAQs state 100% of the profit goes to charity. So the $1 SHOULD go to the charity.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 1, 2006
6606 posts
5494 upvotes
Toronto
pm2gonzales wrote: Their FAQs state 100% of the profit goes to charity. So the $1 SHOULD go to the charity.
I never said otherwise... I'm just saying that instead of gaining calories by eating chewy pancakes at a mediocre breakfast place, it's better to donate directly to charity
Nov 16, 2010
210 posts
111 upvotes
Kitchener
pm2gonzales wrote: Their FAQs state 100% of the profit goes to charity. So the $1 SHOULD go to the charity.
Yes, but then you're giving Sunset Grill a tax write-off from your money. Better off giving direct and getting the tax write-off for yourself. This is why I never donate at the till at any grocery store.
[OP]
Jul 5, 2017
330 posts
408 upvotes
Toronto
roblombardi wrote: I never said otherwise... I'm just saying that instead of gaining calories by eating chewy pancakes at a mediocre breakfast place, it's better to donate directly to charity
what if... you donate to charity @ Sunset Grill... and I eat all the chewy pancakes Face With Tears Of Joy??
Deal Fanatic
Jun 1, 2006
6606 posts
5494 upvotes
Toronto
mikesanity wrote: what if... you donate to charity @ Sunset Grill... and I eat all the chewy pancakes Face With Tears Of Joy??
LOL... nice try
Deal Fanatic
Sep 1, 2005
8884 posts
4095 upvotes
Markham
FYI Hours are 7am to 3pm (3:30pm on Sat/Sun)

With rent and operating costs being so high, I don't understand why this place doesn't stay open for dinner hours as well. I'd eat steak and eggs with some hash browns for dinner any day.

BTW it's a rough crowd in here. The business does a promo for charity by selling pancakes for cheap and donating all the proceeds to charity and ppl crap on them. Truth be told, most of us will likely conveniently forget to donate so go eat some good deal pancakes and feel good about it at the same time.
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Deal Addict
Apr 19, 2003
1057 posts
90 upvotes
Thanks op! Gonna try and check out our local one and see how busy it is!
References under bfg_16 in Heatware 99-0-0,Ebay 125-0-0
Jan 28, 2014
570 posts
191 upvotes
IHOP is totally free today (with optional donation).
Deal Fanatic
Apr 18, 2010
5141 posts
845 upvotes
Toronto
JosePP wrote: $1 a pancake! How much do they normally go for?
3 for $7.25

Here right now
Feb 24, 2020
1 posts
1 upvote
Hi everyone! Thank you for your support of our Pancake Tuesday fundraiser.

To clear a couple of things up: 100% of proceeds from pancake sales today are donated to the Canadian Cancer Society. This event is not eligible for tax receipts as we are essentially just collecting the donation from the customer and donating 100% of it to the Canadian Cancer Society, so no, there is no tax write-off for us.

All the best.

Sunset Grill Head Office
Deal Fanatic
Jun 29, 2010
9097 posts
3357 upvotes
Toronto
man, all this drama for pancakes where all the proceeds are going to charity.
let's stop making a flap jack.
Good, better, best. Never let it rest. 'Til your good is better and your better is best.