Nov 28, 2012
52 posts
11 upvotes
Port Coquitlam
Temporary problem here for me too.
Aug 10, 2017
150 posts
41 upvotes
last time I travelled they didn't have a direct flight, so we had a stopover on the way back (though it was not reflected in the ticket, pay attention to the length of your flight)
Deal Expert
Mar 22, 2007
28444 posts
8907 upvotes
Hamilton
CraigC8815 wrote: Bring your own food ha ha
Tell me you never been to Cuba without telling me
hated on but respected.
Jan 25, 2016
930 posts
1547 upvotes
Toronto
FlyingSausage wrote: It’s all you can eat, or do you have dietary restrictions?
The food in Cuba at these all-inclusive resorts are notoriously awful. Like I’d rather eat rice cakes awful.
Apr 15, 2018
105 posts
346 upvotes
Calgary, AB
yao416 wrote: Tell me you never been to Cuba without telling me
We went to a high end resort... Beaches and people are A-1. Everything everywhere is in disrepair and the food is really awful - and I am NOT a picky eater. Meat doesn't taste like meat, cheese doesn't taste like cheese, milk doesn't taste like milk, soda doesn't taste like soda, ketchup doesn't taste like ketchup ha ha etc etc etc etc. Everything is gross and we went to outside restaurants as well. Prepare to eat a lot of fruit / salads - they can't mess that up.

Honestly, spend the extra money and go anywhere else. Mexico isn't that much more expensive.
Deal Addict
Jan 27, 2011
3019 posts
2556 upvotes
Toronto
Do they have power restored yet?

Or is there even a better deal to fly down when there no power on the island?
Up votes, down votes, they're all votes for me! I thank you!
Sep 28, 2008
568 posts
551 upvotes
yao416 wrote: Tell me you never been to Cuba without telling me
Yeah, the food there is terrible. Beautiful beaches and water though.
Deal Addict
Jun 4, 2012
4689 posts
4177 upvotes
I believe it's hurricane season there as well. Last time went to Cuba in Oct it was so windy, couldn't stay at the beach long...

Was sand blasted...
Nov 26, 2019
93 posts
45 upvotes
CraigC8815 wrote: We went to a high end resort... Beaches and people are A-1. Everything everywhere is in disrepair and the food is really awful - and I am NOT a picky eater. Meat doesn't taste like meat, cheese doesn't taste like cheese, milk doesn't taste like milk, soda doesn't taste like soda, ketchup doesn't taste like ketchup ha ha etc etc etc etc. Everything is gross and we went to outside restaurants as well. Prepare to eat a lot of fruit / salads - they can't mess that up.

Honestly, spend the extra money and go anywhere else. Mexico isn't that much more expensive.
Is the food good at all inclusive resort at Mexico? Thanks!
Deal Fanatic
Nov 23, 2005
8901 posts
5506 upvotes
VishalV49377 wrote: Is the food good at all inclusive resort at Mexico? Thanks!
Depends where you go. I have been at some higher end resorts with amazing food. Generally speaking, in comparison, food is much better than in Cuba.
Apr 15, 2018
105 posts
346 upvotes
Calgary, AB
I usually stick with the Barcelo chain of hotels - their food is excellent.
Deal Addict
Oct 31, 2002
1107 posts
158 upvotes
Waterloo
We brought a bunch of ketchup, soya sauce and siracha packets and it did help a bit but yeah, the food in Cuba is terrible. Whether you go to a 3 star or 5 star, they're all bad. Off resort is better but still not amazing. Their coffee is great though!
Deal Addict
Oct 31, 2002
1107 posts
158 upvotes
Waterloo
MUCH better!! I would 100% recommend Mexico over Cuba.
Nov 21, 2006
654 posts
438 upvotes
It depends on the resort but to my taste the food in Mexico is from good to very good.