None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2003
1262 posts
81 upvotes
oshawa

sunwing vegetarian - eggs allowed

I chose vegetarian options on sunwing but it shows eggs allowed. i dont see any options with vegetarian and no eggs. does any one have experience with thier food service and if eggs are provided as part of the meal?
if you dont have an answer, dont repond to my thread.
I need answers, and thats why i use redflagdeals forums.
9 replies
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2003
1262 posts
81 upvotes
oshawa
its shows vegan and eggs included.
Deal Addict
Jun 15, 2015
2727 posts
1989 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
junkone wrote: I chose vegetarian options on sunwing but it shows eggs allowed. i dont see any options with vegetarian and no eggs. does any one have experience with thier food service and if eggs are provided as part of the meal?
Sunwing doesn't have a large variety of "special" meals because they are a charter (and low cost). I would suggest bringing something with you since the flight really isn't that long (assuming your going to the Caribbean). Regular meals on Sunwing now consist of sandwiches- so don't expect much of their meals.
Deal Guru
Dec 31, 2005
13306 posts
741 upvotes
Do they not list the following codes? Pretty standard across most airlines.

VLML Lacto Vegetarian (Dairy and eggs permitted)
VGML Vegan Vegetarian (strict veggie-no meat but egg allowed)
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2003
1262 posts
81 upvotes
oshawa
for the Indian community, vegetarian does not include eggs. so these codes does not make sense.
Deal Guru
Apr 26, 2004
12719 posts
3158 upvotes
Mississauga
Is there a fruit platter? If not, just don't eat anything on the plane or bring some snacks of your own. You're not missing out on much and it'll be a short flight.
Deal Guru
Dec 31, 2005
13306 posts
741 upvotes
Truth be told, I have never seen an egg provided in a VGML...which is what I have listed on my preferences...so I get them all the time. Now, I fly AC so that could be different.

On larger airlines, you also have the choice of several Asian vegetarian options or raw food options as well.
Deal Expert
Jul 5, 2004
26891 posts
6112 upvotes
junkone wrote: for the Indian community, vegetarian does not include eggs. so these codes does not make sense.
SunWing isn't an Indian airline. Why don't you just call or email them and ask?
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2007
4698 posts
610 upvotes
Shaner wrote: SunWing isn't an Indian airline. Why don't you just call or email them and ask?
+1 - No harm in calling and asking them.

Eggs aren't meat. An egg (from the grocery store) is an unfermeneted egg. By eating eggs you're not "killing" anything by eating it by not letting it hatch. There is no meat inside an egg.
I don't see how sunwing did anything wrong.

Now if the OP can't (or chooses not to) eat eggs for whatever reason that's a whole other story, but that's not sunwings fault.

Anyways, just buy something to bring on board. Safest route.