PC & Video Games

Super Mario 3D World and Bowser's Fury @ SDM?

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 18th, 2021 9:15 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 9, 2004
1492 posts
121 upvotes
Montreal

Super Mario 3D World and Bowser's Fury @ SDM?

Hi all,

Hoping someone has some information in regards to Nintendo Switch's game "Super Mario 3D World and Bowser's Fury" being available at Shoppers Drug Mart?

I see it's on pre-order at Amazon, Walmart, BB, London Drugs....but cannot find it at SDM where I want to redeem using my points :)

Anyone know?
Knowledge is power
10 replies
Deal Addict
Jun 3, 2005
1086 posts
127 upvotes
Shoppers should have it in-store at or a day after Feb.12. I bought Mario 3D all stars in store a day after it came out with 20x points but it took it about a couple of months before it showed up online.
Deal Addict
May 24, 2003
4154 posts
689 upvotes
Toronto
I just picked up my copy of it at shoppers this morning so I can confirm you should be able to find it. Got 20x the points too
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2012
2237 posts
3194 upvotes
Shoppers is pretty good for carrying most Nintendo properties. 3rd party games are hit or miss.
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2015
2388 posts
1013 upvotes
Montreal, QC
if its not displayed, just ask them. most likely still in their drawers
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2010
19396 posts
5690 upvotes
I've always wondered why they call King Koopa Bowser in some parts of the world. To me, Bowser is the name you give to a dog. The character will always be King Koopa for me...
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2012
2237 posts
3194 upvotes
Same kind of thing with Sonic.
Dr. Eggman vs Dr. Robotnik.

I guess it's just what they figure would be appropriate for each market.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
8997 posts
3299 upvotes
I think Bowser sounds way better than King Koopa.

Also in Street Fighter:

In Japan: ---------------------------------------------------- Rest of the World
M. Bison (Boxer, Mike Bison based on Mike Tyson) = Balrog (the Boxer)
Balrog (Spanish claw cage fighter) = Vega (Spanish claw cage Fighter)
Vega (Psychotic Dictator / Drug lord) = M. Bison (Psychotic Dictator / Drug lord)

The Metal Gear Solid series has some dumb sounding names like Big Boss.

DougO wrote: I've always wondered why they call King Koopa Bowser in some parts of the world. To me, Bowser is the name you give to a dog. The character will always be King Koopa for me...
Last edited by XFactor11 on Feb 19th, 2021 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 19, 2010
6342 posts
4549 upvotes
Ottawa
x-batman wrote: I just picked up my copy of it at shoppers this morning so I can confirm you should be able to find it. Got 20x the points too
Question: So you pay the full $79.99+tax, but when you factor in the 20x points on that purchase, approx. much is that in $$$ back?

I am guessing you can redeem points on almost anything in the store. I know points are "worth more during redemption events" too.
With Zoomer Wireless !
Deal Addict
May 24, 2003
4154 posts
689 upvotes
Toronto
Said212 wrote: Question: So you pay the full $79.99+tax, but when you factor in the 20x points on that purchase, approx. much is that in $$$ back?

I am guessing you can redeem points on almost anything in the store. I know points are "worth more during redemption events" too.
Yes you can redeem points on almost everything in store, I got back $24 in points -
Deal Addict
Apr 24, 2003
2952 posts
965 upvotes
Toronto
Nitram wrote: Hi all,

Hoping someone has some information in regards to Nintendo Switch's game "Super Mario 3D World and Bowser's Fury" being available at Shoppers Drug Mart?

I see it's on pre-order at Amazon, Walmart, BB, London Drugs....but cannot find it at SDM where I want to redeem using my points :)

Anyone know?
I was browsing SDM online and they have it in stock:

https://shop.shoppersdrugmart.ca/Shop/C ... 5496594039