Expired Hot Deals

[Walmart] Super Mario Odyssey (digital download) + Switch Pro Controller (bundle) - $129.99

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 20th, 2020 3:47 pm
Mar 6, 2013
246 posts
174 upvotes
Saint John, NB
nlevatt wrote: It is being released tomorrow so they probably wont add online inventory until then.
Inventory is now available. 251 available online as of right now
Deal Guru
Apr 23, 2004
11527 posts
130427 upvotes
Montreal
Hi there,

Well, because the controller is 90$ and the game itself is 80$. They both went on sale a few times last year...

Ju Leon...
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 14, 2008
2621 posts
686 upvotes
inferno_gn wrote: Hi there,

Well, because the controller is 90$ and the game itself is 80$. They both went on sale a few times last year...

Ju Leon...
It's still a combined $40 off if you need both. Totally understand from the replies in the other thread why people think there are better discounts depending on what other options one might have or if people don't want to pay that much for a digital download.
Deal Addict
Jun 24, 2004
1732 posts
260 upvotes
Mississauga
I picked this up yesterday. Downloaded and installed the game, easy peasy.
Dec 19, 2006
454 posts
402 upvotes
Burnaby
nambit wrote: Listen, there are advantages to physical and digital.

Put it this way, somehow my switch + 6 games (in the pouch) fell out my car while I was unloading groceries. When I went back to see if it was still there later on, it was gone. I ended up losing my switch + all my physical games. I was obviously upset.
SO, I ended up picking up another switch, but then I realized I still had all my digital downloads. I ended up disabling my account remotely on the old switch and re-downloaded all my digital games. I was so happy to have them all back. THAT RIGHT THERE IS AN ADVANTAGE!
The fact that it's portable makes sense that digital downloads work well. If I somehow lose my physical games (either misplaced because the cartridges are so small or fell somewhere while on the go - like bus seat or subway), the game is lost forever. This won't happen with digital.
The convenience of digital is miles better. I don't understand how folks are so spoiled today to forget when we all DREAMED to have all our games on the hard drive. I mean, the original XBOX was amazing because the hacking scene allowed us to store our games on the hard drive so we didn't have to keep swapping media. So very convenient.

With physical I have to open the top, pop out the game, and then swap in the new game. I can end up misplacing or droping the cartridge if on the go. If docked, I have to walk across the room to swap the game.

The main advantage of physical is the fact you can sell the game when you're done. Not all of us are into that, especially NINTENDO games. Many of us keep these games. This is not COD, Assassin's Creed, Madden, etc - where you play and then you're done with it. Many of us go back and replay these games.

We're living in a great age of CHOICE, many of which we didn't have in the past. I have been gaming since the old Atari 2600 days (and Vic 20 / Commodore 64) and believe me, things are great today. I had so many cartridges it was annoying.
I'm picturing one of those slow motion, as-seen-on-TV, black and white ads of somebody trying to balance a huge stack of Switch games. "Tired of trying to carry ALL THOSE GAMES?"

The irony in buying a digital only console is that it is anti-choice. If it proves a more successful alternative, it will will eventually ensure what these companies want: a closed eco-system where the only choice is theirs'.