Expired Hot Deals

Superstore

Free Christmas Trees

  • Last Updated:
  • Dec 25th, 2019 10:26 am
[OP]
Member
Mar 28, 2010
295 posts
522 upvotes
vancouver

Free Christmas Trees

Retailer:
Superstore
Surrey Guildford.

Great for those who have a wood chipper.

Image
14 replies
Deal Fanatic
Mar 5, 2007
7959 posts
8129 upvotes
Or those that put up a Christmas tree on Christmas eve, like many European families.
Member
User avatar
Jun 26, 2019
345 posts
837 upvotes
Would be hilarious if some random person is the one that wrote FREE on that.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jul 21, 2016
1314 posts
2900 upvotes
repatch wrote: Or those that put up a Christmas tree on Christmas eve, like many European families.
Really? I had no idea that was a thing. Are they still decorating them / putting lights? Sound like a lot of work for a day
Last edited by Admin on Jul 32th, 2027 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Newbie
Feb 20, 2019
24 posts
52 upvotes
They leave it until January 6th
Deal Addict
Apr 6, 2017
1073 posts
1656 upvotes
I thought they give them away on the 26th. How thoughtful of the Weston’s.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 5, 2007
7959 posts
8129 upvotes
InvaIid wrote: Really? I had no idea that was a thing. Are they still decorating them / putting lights? Sound like a lot of work for a day
Yup. Basically a good amount of the day was just the tree: ornaments, lights, etc. Decorating outside was done beginning December.

Most of my relatives in Europe put their REAL tree up on Dec 24th, and don't use lights, they use CANDLES!? Yes, real candles. All the ornaments are straw or paper based. You basically have a powder keg lit in your living room....

All that said, the BEST part growing up was we opened ALL our gifts at night on Dec 24th. I NEVER went to bed 'waiting for Santa', he just arrived while I was at my grandfathers home opening gifts there.
Sr. Member
User avatar
Dec 24, 2011
560 posts
1303 upvotes
East, Canada
Herrie wrote: They leave it until January 6th
The Christian tradition (it is Christmas we’re talking about after all) is to keep the tree up until 5 January. That’s the twelfth day of Christmas. So yes, it should be down by the 6th.

I find it ignorant that some Canadian stores do “twelve days of Christmas” sales randomly in December, way before Christmas has even began.
Amex Cobalt, Amex Bonvoy and Amex Bonvoy Business holder
British Airways American Express (UK)
Newbie
Feb 20, 2019
24 posts
52 upvotes
RaiderX wrote: The Christian tradition (it is Christmas we’re talking about after all) is to keep the tree up until 5 January. That’s the twelfth day of Christmas. So yes, it should be down by the 6th.

I find it ignorant that some Canadian stores do “twelve days of Christmas” sales randomly in December, way before Christmas has even began.
There is not much actual Christmas left, everything has gotten too commercialized.
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2015
2916 posts
1396 upvotes
Montreal, QC
since this is a real tree, people should go and get one. the scent is good for you and for those looking at making essential oil, this is perfect. great for muscle aches
Last edited by sumtimw0ng on Dec 24th, 2019 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Member
Jan 4, 2014
443 posts
566 upvotes
Paris
RaiderX wrote: The Christian tradition (it is Christmas we’re talking about after all) is to keep the tree up until 5 January. That’s the twelfth day of Christmas. So yes, it should be down by the 6th.

I find it ignorant that some Canadian stores do “twelve days of Christmas” sales randomly in December, way before Christmas has even began.
Because Christmas, like everything else, is so commercialised.
Member
User avatar
Jun 26, 2019
345 posts
837 upvotes
sumtimw0ng wrote: since this is a real tree, people should go and get one. the scent is good for you and for those looking at making essential oil, this is perfect. great for muscle aches
Is this legit? I thought essential oils were a scam that stay-at-home moms try to sell to you at Tupperware party's.
Deal Addict
Aug 1, 2010
1328 posts
1138 upvotes
Montreal
dealzhuntr wrote: Is this legit? I thought essential oils were a scam that stay-at-home moms try to sell to you at Tupperware party's.
There has been a lot of scammy pyramid scheme style business with Essential Oils.

Do they actually work? I for one enjoy eucalyptus oil in my humidifier when I'm congested. As for other oils, people seem convinced that it helps them, might be placebo
Deal Fanatic
Mar 5, 2007
7959 posts
8129 upvotes
dealzhuntr wrote: Is this legit? I thought essential oils were a scam that stay-at-home moms try to sell to you at Tupperware party's.
It's basic aroma therapy stuff. There's lots of placebo type benefits (which aren't inherently bad, if something helps you because you think it'll help you, you've still been helped), but there are also some real benefits. Still, theres a TON of pseudoscience and outright lies being spread about it.

Basically, if the cost is small, and you feel it helps you, go for it. But don't fall for all the BS around it.

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)