• Last Updated:
  • Sep 13th, 2021 8:07 pm
[OP]
Jul 15, 2021
235 posts
491 upvotes
Vancouver,bc

Superstore price match question

Does superstore only price match flyer items I want to price match canadian tire from their website but it’s not on the flyer the Canadian tire does say special buy is that another word for clearance
4 replies
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2005
13678 posts
2426 upvotes
City of Vancouver
U can try, but I would not expect u to be able to pm a special buy.
De gustibus non est disputandum
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2004
2891 posts
1557 upvotes
London
89lilangel wrote: Does superstore only price match flyer items I want to price match canadian tire from their website but it’s not on the flyer the Canadian tire does say special buy is that another word for clearance
i don't think they will pm CT last time i tired to PM something from bb they refused saying we only PM walmart or other grocery stores they even said they won't pm a drug store like shoppers drug mart.
Deal Addict
Jan 29, 2017
2990 posts
1937 upvotes
RCSS price matches "local competitors" which vary based on location. I'd be surprised if they matched CT or any other similar store.

Rona or similar should match CT. Whole Special Buy will be another hurdle.
Deal Addict
Jun 8, 2004
1657 posts
575 upvotes
Oakville
RCSS West follows a flyer match policy, while the RCSS East follows an ad match policy.

Since you are in BC, they will only match major supermarket competitors' flyer items.

RCSS East Policy
*We'll match prices if you show us a lower advertised price means that if a major supermarket competitor, advertises a lower price on any identical item we carry in store, show us the original print copy or official digital advertisement and we will sell that item, up to a limit of four (4) units per item, at that same price but only during the effective dates of that competitor's advertisement. See in-store for a list of current competitors we ad match against. Identical items are defined as same brand, item type (in the case of unbranded produce, meat and bakery), size and attributes and carried at this store location. We will not match competitor's private label offers on non-identical items, "spend x get x", "Free", "Clearance", discounts obtained through loyalty programs, or offers related to our third party operations (post office, gas bars, dry cleaners, etc.). We reserve the right to refuse to match a competitor's item price if their advertising contains errors, typos or misprints or is subject to a correction notice.

We reserve the right to identify the major supermarket competitor(s) for each Real Canadian Superstore location. The program will only apply if competitor's advertising is complete with all relevant information including but not limited to size and price, effective dates, format/weight identified, and in the format specified as either in print or from an official digital source (such as the competitor's online flyer or website). In no circumstances will the program apply to offers relating to our third-party operations or where prohibited by local, provincial or federal laws or regulations.

Major supermarket competitors and geographical trade areas are determined solely by us and are based on a number of factors which can change from time to time. We reserve the right to cancel or change the terms of this program at any time.
------------------------------
RCSS West Policy
*We match prices Applies only to our major supermarket competitors' flyer items. Major supermarket competitors are determined solely by us based on a number of factors which can vary by store location. We will match the competitor's advertised price only during the effective date of the competitor's flyer advertisement. WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO LIMIT QUANTITIES (note that our major supermarket competitors may not). Due to the fact that product is ordered prior to the time of our Ad Match checks, quantities may be limited. We match identical items (defined as same brand, size, and attributes) and in the case of fresh produce, meat, seafood and bakery, we match a comparable item (as determined solely by us). We will not match competitors' "multi-buys" (eg. 2 for $4), "spend x get x", "Free", "clearance", discounts obtained through loyalty programs, or offers related to our third party operations (post office, gas bars, dry cleaners etc.). We reserve the right to cancel or change the terms of this program at any time.