Expired Hot Deals

[Petro Canada] Superworks or Glide For CarLovers $4.99 Carwashes - Ontario

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 19th, 2020 2:08 am
Dec 15, 2006
810 posts
421 upvotes
Ottawa
I bought 12 at the station on Eagleson in Ottawa. The clerk told me it was better to buy 12 than 10 (more Petro Points?) so who am I to argue? Expiry Feb 2020 but he told me after that you can exchange them for a valid one.
Jan 9, 2007
788 posts
243 upvotes
Markham
codier wrote: Er....where is Major Mackenzie and Elgin mills? They are parellel.
opps, Markham and Major Mackenzie
Koodo $60/10gb
Rogers $39.99/150Mbps download/unlimited

if you know of a better deal, please PM me
Deal Fanatic
Sep 7, 2004
5026 posts
1492 upvotes
GTEH!
PeMiL wrote: Thanks OP! I just bought 40 to split between mine and my wife’s vehicle. We usually do the season pass thing but with a 9 month expiry (Feb 2020) it seems to make sense to do it this way. They even put the receipts in a nice envelope.

I drive a volt so only get to the gas station every 2500 kms or so - I would not have known about the sale.
lap888 wrote: just brought 20 at 5315 Major Mackenzie Drive E., Markham
shayne85 wrote: If no expiry why can’t you buy 50? Unless Petro is planning on going out of business soon lol
How frequent do people wash their cars? every week during the Spring/Summer?
😎
May 18, 2009
303 posts
156 upvotes
Richmond
Esso seems to be following suit, at least when you buy gas. Didn’t check inside tho.
Images
  • 1B2D76B4-ECAD-4F5F-84FC-9E7041D66921.jpeg
Mar 15, 2019
59 posts
43 upvotes
Webhead wrote: How frequent do people wash their cars? every week during the Spring/Summer?
Personally I wash my car every 2 weeks but I bought 800 the other day for work. We will go through them giving it out to clients and contractors before they expire.
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2006
2019 posts
555 upvotes
Burnaby
Damn wish they had this in GVA, although no local touchless. Hopefully, Esso follows suit and I can get them for the winter. Just make sure to protect those printed receipt codes because depending on the paper type and ink it could end up being impossible to read once you end up going to use it in 3+ months.
Deal Guru
Mar 12, 2004
10444 posts
1267 upvotes
Brampton
Went in to buy 4 but the petro canada cashier told me to buy 5. I said why not. Not sure if 5 is easier to process lol. Torbram and Williams in Brampton.
HEATWARE AT 64-0-0. Ebay Feedback 200+ and counting. RFD Feedback 63-0-0 and counting.
Deal Addict
Jul 19, 2010
1637 posts
513 upvotes
Alpha Centauri
Webhead wrote: How frequent do people wash their cars? every week during the Spring/Summer?
Don't know about others, but I would save these for the slushy winter months.
Sep 13, 2012
897 posts
470 upvotes
Vaughan, ON
RaeRaeS wrote: Personally I wash my car every 2 weeks but I bought 800 the other day for work. We will go through them giving it out to clients and contractors before they expire.
That’s awesome. Couldn’t have been easy walking away with that many tickets. Well done.
Mar 15, 2019
59 posts
43 upvotes
100Pacer wrote: That’s awesome. Couldn’t have been easy walking away with that many tickets. Well done.
It was less than ideal. I knew it would take forever so I spoke to the manager earlier and went in the evening so that one person was just doing my transactions while someone else was at the other register for everyone else.
Nov 24, 2017
178 posts
92 upvotes
bought 10 and bought 10 more with my points :D
Deal Addict
Nov 16, 2003
2653 posts
76 upvotes
Toronto
Just bought 20, you get 2 free. Expire feb 15. She said unused tickets I can bring back and they print another one.
Last edited by Neb on May 21st, 2019 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2008
4464 posts
556 upvotes
Scarborough
bombdiggity wrote:
It's better than nothing and can look clean from a distance, but up close and if u pass ur finger along the surface it's more often than not that you're still going to find a film of dirt on your vehicle, especially the lower third of it.

DIY friction will always be cleaner than touchless, so it's up to you if the time and effort saved is worth skipping doing it yourself. Just don't expect a very good job with touchless.

It's so convenient though that most of us don't care and most people just avoid it due to the massive lines and lengthy wait times since so few locations offer it now. You can wash your own vehicle and be finished drying before you can get to your turn with the waits during peak hours. Might make some wives suspicious when guys keep leaving the house at midnight to get their "car washed" every week since that's pretty much the only time you only have to wait about 30 min.
Bring the wife along for the "carwash" ;)

TransporterSD wrote: Here is the flyer
lol oh geez, it looks like a newsletter project from computer class in grade school :P

EYEAM2COOL4U wrote: Bought some but my supposed expiry date is December? Also, the car wash did a number on the paint job on my already deteriorating Ontario license plates. Saved some bucks on the wash but now need new plates. Not blaming the car wash really, more MTO for the very poor quality of the plates but something for people in my position to think about before using an automated car wash! Never even thought about it until after the wash and then saw all the paint on my plates literally blowing in the wind.
MTO should still be accepting mostly B series (IIRC) for replacement for their shoddy paint quality, but they'll issue you completely new plate (ie not the same letters/numbers)
Coincidentally, I saw a handful of consumer re-painted plates just this past weekend, doubt their still reflective and I believe it's still illegal, even if you're touching up their paint job :facepalm:
Help Contribute to our Wedding Fund :) A wise fortune cookie once told me this:
"A bargain is something you don't need at a price you can't resist"
FS: Christmas Window Decor :lol:
FS: 10mm H&R Trak+ wheel spacers, 5x100/112, 57.1c/b
Banned
Dec 8, 2007
2666 posts
2351 upvotes
Neb wrote: Just bought 20, you get 2 free. Expire feb 15. She said in used tickets I can bring back and they print another one.
What?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)