[Petro Canada] Superworks or Glide For CarLovers $4.99 Carwashes - Ontario

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 19th, 2020 2:08 am
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2007
9551 posts
4279 upvotes
Toronto
Bought 5 today, cashier said it expires in 6 months.
Koodo $40 8GB
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2001
2819 posts
241 upvotes
Brantford
McLaren__F1 wrote: Bought 5 today, cashier said it expires in 6 months.
Your individual car wash tickets state the expiry. All of mine expire in February 2020.
Jan 11, 2010
696 posts
98 upvotes
was able to purchase a 10pack with petro points! bout time I spent some of these points lol.

don't think the clerk was too happy cuz he was clearly trying to upsell and prob didn't think Id have that much points LOL.
Deal Expert
May 30, 2005
43947 posts
4584 upvotes
Richmond Hill
icecoal wrote: was able to purchase a 10pack with petro points! bout time I spent some of these points lol.

don't think the clerk was too happy cuz he was clearly trying to upsell and prob didn't think Id have that much points LOL.
They discounted the points required to redeem the washes as well?
Jan 11, 2010
696 posts
98 upvotes
Jon Lai wrote: They discounted the points required to redeem the washes as well?
no, it was still 57000 for the 10 washes.
Jan 11, 2010
696 posts
98 upvotes
Jon Lai wrote: So why would you redeem them now? Just redeem one at a time as you need them. We’re only buying multiples because of the promotion.
how would I be able to get the $5/wash deal then if the promotion ends at the end of may?
May 12, 2012
585 posts
619 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
icecoal wrote: how would I be able to get the $5/wash deal then if the promotion ends at the end of may?
See in previous posts. Each wash is printed out as a separate receipt with redemption code. You input the code when you go to the wash. Typically they give you 3-6 months to redeem. YMMV per location for expiration.
Banned
Dec 8, 2007
2666 posts
2353 upvotes
icecoal wrote: was able to purchase a 10pack with petro points! bout time I spent some of these points lol.

Jon Lai wrote: They discounted the points required to redeem the washes as well?
icecoal wrote: no, it was still 57000 for the 10 washes.
Jon Lai wrote: So why would you redeem them now? Just redeem one at a time as you need them. We’re only buying multiples because of the promotion.
icecoal wrote: how would I be able to get the $5/wash deal then if the promotion ends at the end of may?
Ferny111 wrote: See in previous posts. Each wash is printed out as a separate receipt with redemption code. You input the code when you go to the wash. Typically they give you 3-6 months to redeem. YMMV per location for expiration.
Allow me to clarify this for those confused.

1000 points = $1

57000 points = $57

$4.99 + tax per ticket = 10 tickets worth of points.

Member redeemed 57000 points for 10 tickets. He did not redeem points to get tickets at regular price. He redeemed points to get tickets at the $4.99 sale price. He got 10 tickets b/c the promo ends May 30 and waiting after May 30 would mean he would be redeeming points to get tickets at regular price, meaning he would get less tickets with the same amount of points.

Everybody clear now?
Jan 11, 2010
696 posts
98 upvotes
bombdiggity wrote: Allow me to clarify this for those confused.

1000 points = $1

57000 points = $57

Member redeemed 57000 points for 10 tickets. He did not redeem points to get tickets at regular price. He redeemed points to get tickets at the $4.99 sale price. He got 10 tickets b/c the promo ends May 30 and waiting after May 30 would mean he would be redeeming points to get tickets at regular price, meaning he would get less tickets with the same amount of points.

Everybody clear now?
lmao thanks. I was starting to get confused how I was getting other people confused.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 7, 2004
5207 posts
1642 upvotes
GTEH!
carmaster wrote: Expires tomorrow apparently.
?????????????????

Don't know which Petro location told you this or where you heard this.
Bought 5 this morning. There was a sign at the Cashier promoting the $4.99 car wash
😎
Deal Expert
May 30, 2005
43947 posts
4584 upvotes
Richmond Hill
bombdiggity wrote: Allow me to clarify this for those confused.

1000 points = $1

57000 points = $57

Everybody clear now?
Thanks, thats why I asked whether the amount of points to redeem was also discounted. I was told "no", but based on your response the answer should have been "yes".
Banned
Dec 8, 2007
2666 posts
2353 upvotes
Jon Lai wrote: Thanks, thats why I asked whether the amount of points to redeem was also discounted. I was told "no", but based on your response the answer should have been "yes".
The answer "no" isn't wrong because they did not discount the amount of points required to redeem. There is no "set" number of points to redeem, points are used as if they are $. Remember, 1000 points = $1. Technically the ticket prices themselves were discounted so you sort of asked the wrong question, or at least an unclear question. I suppose "yes" could be clearer, but regardless, the rest of his answer made it apparent what happened even if his original post and "no" was not understood by you. He said "no, it was still 57000 for the 10 washes."

Anyways, everything is clear for everybody now I think.
Deal Expert
May 30, 2005
43947 posts
4584 upvotes
Richmond Hill
bombdiggity wrote: The answer "no" isn't wrong because they did not discount the amount of points required to redeem. There is no "set" number of points to redeem, points are used as if they are $. Remember, 1000 points = $1. Technically the ticket prices themselves were discounted so you sort of asked the wrong question, or at least an unclear question. I suppose "yes" could be clearer, but regardless, the rest of his answer made it apparent what happened even if his original post and "no" was not understood by you. He said "no, it was still 57000 for the 10 washes."

Anyways, everything is clear for everybody now I think.
That's news to me, and definitely not how Petro Points used to work. It was always that certain items cost a certain amount of points to redeem, and it did not equate to any conversion formula to the actual dollar amount.