Health & Wellness

supplements for dry eyes (not eye drops)

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 13th, 2021 10:49 am
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
May 18, 2009
6485 posts
1649 upvotes
Richmond Hill

supplements for dry eyes (not eye drops)

I was wondering if anyone here is taking supplements for dry eyes and if so, which ones.

TIA
6 replies
Deal Fanatic
Mar 10, 2005
9935 posts
3449 upvotes
yesstyle wrote: I was wondering if anyone here is taking supplements for dry eyes and if so, which ones.

TIA
you need to find the root cause, the strongest over the counter drops - forget the name - are very expensive. Check with an optometrist first
“...because most of what we say and do is not essential. If you can eliminate it, you'll have more time and more tranquility. Ask yourself at every moment, is this necessary…” -Marcus Aurelius
Jun 15, 2015
123 posts
51 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Go grocery store garb a chrysanthemum tea (white one or yellow ) , if you want you can add goji berry. Wash it then put into hot water. When cool down, drink it. Here totally cost $4 can drink a month. At same time use finger slight massage eye round, back bone. If chrysanthemum makes you feel better, go back to grocery store grab the supplement one, here $4.99. All of them 100% pure herbals
Jan 20, 2012
927 posts
568 upvotes
Toronto
Heating pad? I was told by 2 optometrists that the most cause of dry eyes are by blocked tear duct. Heat helps to clear up the duct.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 4, 2015
7019 posts
3249 upvotes
Canada, Eh!!
Inclemental wrote: Heating pad? I was told by 2 optometrists that the most cause of dry eyes are by blocked tear duct. Heat helps to clear up the duct.
Bausch and Lomb has gel eye pad that you heat in microwave oven for about 10-12 seconds... probably get same result with diy warm compress.

Bausch & Lomb Therapearl Eye Mask for Cold and Hot Therapy for Dry Eyes Headaches Puffy Eyes:

https://well.ca/products/bausch-lomb-th ... 92733.html

https://www.jeancoutu.com/en/shopping/p ... it/330598/
July 13, 2017 to October 25, 2018: BOC raised rates 5 times and MCAP raised its prime rate next day each time.

2020: BOC dropped rates 3 times and MCAP waited and waited to drop its prime rate to include all 3 drops.
Oct 16, 2009
70 posts
11 upvotes
I've also been suffering from dry eyes for the last 6 months or so. Here's what has been useful for me, in order of effectiveness:
  1. Blink eye drops for Contacts. I know you said "not eye drops" but so far this was the best solution for me.
  2. Drink more water. This helps A LOT. When I drink a lot during the day, I don't need the eye drops. You may be dehydrated and no know it, especially if you're not drinking water during the day. Note that other fluids (juice, coffee, tea, etc.) don't count as water.
  3. Vitamin A supplements.
Hope this helps.