Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 28, 2006
1941 posts
284 upvotes

Supplementsource.ca

Has anyone ever used this site before? Seems like decent prices for some supplements in comparison to Popeys nutrition. Obviously bodybuilding.com has the better prices but with the shipping and all, some items could work out being the same.
23 replies
Deal Guru
Apr 24, 2006
10114 posts
636 upvotes
Mississauga
cns187 wrote: Has anyone ever used this site before? Seems like decent prices for some supplements in comparison to Popeys nutrition. Obviously bodybuilding.com has the better prices but with the shipping and all, some items could work out being the same.

Try fitnessone.com They ship from Windsor
Deal Fanatic
Jul 13, 2005
7053 posts
1237 upvotes
just ordered from them last week - quick shipping, about 5 business days from time of order to get to me in ON - they ship from Edmonton. I'm a new customer, and ordered like $100 of stuff - came with some surprise gifts, couple of shaker cups, couple of t-shirts, and 5-6 packs of various samples. Not sure if this is just for new customers or existing customer orders get it, as well.

think either they own popeyes or popeye owns them - one of the t-shirt and shaker cup is popeye's label.

EDIT: nvm - my order was from supplementscanada.com.. prices aren't bad.
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2001
3258 posts
545 upvotes
Water loo
The prices on supplementsource seem pretty much the same prices as popeyes stores. I've ordered stuff from there before when they had nice online deals, fast shipping.

svncanada.com is another company - they ship out of BC, but their shipping is even faster. Prices are better then supplementsource and for normal daily prices seem to be the lowest online in Canada.
Deal Addict
Jun 5, 2006
2728 posts
225 upvotes
I've used supplementsource.ca before. Positive experience, similar to sndcanada and supplementscanada.
Sep 8, 2010
809 posts
31 upvotes
Guelph
I just ordered from them this afternoon, i'll let you know how it goes. What I dont get is how they're able to sell stuff in Canada that I thought was banned? I bought OxyElite Pro pills and a bottle of Jack3d. I thought both of these were banned
Deal Addict
Jun 4, 2009
2689 posts
111 upvotes
Muney wrote: I just ordered from them this afternoon, i'll let you know how it goes. What I dont get is how they're able to sell stuff in Canada that I thought was banned? I bought OxyElite Pro pills and a bottle of Jack3d. I thought both of these were banned

Please tell me how OxyElite Pro pills go for you... I tried to purchase it through bb.com but they didn't ship to Canada. Why are these banned anyways? :confused:
Deal Guru
Apr 24, 2006
10114 posts
636 upvotes
Mississauga
biee wrote: Please tell me how OxyElite Pro pills go for you... I tried to purchase it through bb.com but they didn't ship to Canada. Why are these banned anyways? :confused:

Due to the 1,3 DMAA. Also it sucks.
Deal Guru
Apr 24, 2006
10114 posts
636 upvotes
Mississauga
biee wrote: Okay, I had to google that. And I found this: Soldier Deaths during training prompt military probe into supplement use

So apparently, you can die from DMAA however, "..that his company found DMAA to be perfectly safe in “sensible doses.”

Interesting...
Smashy wrote: You can die from many substances in excessive dosage...

This. I never liked this ingredient anyways. Always had a horrible crash from it. If you want OEP, then just use caffeine pills.. because that's all it really is..
Deal Fanatic
Sep 16, 2004
8555 posts
1438 upvotes
Toronto
Was browsing this site this week and they have a lot of stuff especially books compared to other sites.

The better prices were on expired/best before dates long gone but not on their normal stuff. Some of which I found were priced too high still for having best before dates as far back as 2010.

Plus $99 before shipping.

Ended up getting 2 containers of Ultimate nutrition Prostar protein from my usual goto National Nutrition.

Incidentally reviews for this Prostar whey powder shows 28grams as a serving yet the container I received shows 32grams which throws of your servings calculations when comparing brands.

Added a filler to bring up to $80 and qualify for free shipping.

Ordered Thursday and received it Friday. Incidentally the Canada post just left it at the front door on of the house at one of the busiest parts of Weston Rd.

I made sure to emphasize on the address to drop it at the side door. Luckily I was tracking it and was home at the time expecting it.

Conveniently, Canada Post has no avenue to address this problem as it was not stolen it's hardly one for the ombudsman.

National Nutrition to me has the best prices in Canada on Whey Protein.
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2008
1646 posts
290 upvotes
Tijuana wrote: Try fitnessone.com They ship from Windsor

any tax and duties from fitnessone?
Deal Guru
Apr 24, 2006
10114 posts
636 upvotes
Mississauga
Tainger wrote: any tax and duties from fitnessone?

Nope. Not that I'm aware of.
Sep 8, 2010
809 posts
31 upvotes
Guelph
biee wrote: Please tell me how OxyElite Pro pills go for you... I tried to purchase it through bb.com but they didn't ship to Canada. Why are these banned anyways? :confused:

I got a sample pack of them with an order from GNC a while ago and gave them a try. They gave me a ton of energy the first day, but nothing really after that. The reason I got them again is they work really good on suppressing my appetite. I dont know how much caffeine is in caffeine pills, but there is only 100mg in these.