Supply chaincareer advice needed

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 11th, 2020 12:52 pm
Tags:
Aug 14, 2014
949 posts
948 upvotes

Supply chaincareer advice needed

Hi, I'm in my early 30's with a Bachelor of commerce and working as a team lead in Operations for a 4PL company. I have been with the company for a few years, and mainly do reports as well as scheduling, dispatching etc for a large vendors pickup and deliveries, ~25-40 FTL loads a week.

I like the job, people and work life balance perks (work from home etc), however I often have to respond after hours for unpaid overtime (maybe ~1 hour a week) and salary is quite low, making ~50k with bonus. At this point I'm looking into higher paying jobs, however not really sure whats a good field to move into. I want to stay in an office environment with work from home perks. Looking into becoming a Supply Chain Analyst/buyer, but wondering if theirs other jobs I should take a look at. Any advice would be appreciated, thanks!
6 replies
Deal Addict
May 28, 2005
2466 posts
422 upvotes
GTA
warehouse planner or transportation planners in my company (CPG) start at $60k. There's also supply planners/demand planners (might require more experience). Inventory Analysts and customer logistics.
Mar 24, 2016
476 posts
122 upvotes
Toronto
Wilmega wrote: warehouse planner or transportation planners in my company (CPG) start at $60k. There's also supply planners/demand planners (might require more experience). Inventory Analysts and customer logistics.
If you want to suggest any of these jobs for the entry level potion and without having related work experience,which one do you recommend
Deal Addict
May 28, 2005
2466 posts
422 upvotes
GTA
bigmancanada wrote: If you want to suggest any of these jobs for the entry level potion and without having related work experience,which one do you recommend
Entry level without experience you can get in as a trans planner, inventory analyst or customer logistics.
Mar 24, 2016
476 posts
122 upvotes
Toronto
Wilmega wrote: Entry level without experience you can get in as a trans planner, inventory analyst or customer logistics.
Thanks for your reply. I searched those titles in job boards such as indeed and glassdoor and I still see that they ask for 2-3 years of experience.
Do you know what is the best way to get hired in these fields?
Deal Addict
May 28, 2005
2466 posts
422 upvotes
GTA
bigmancanada wrote: Thanks for your reply. I searched those titles in job boards such as indeed and glassdoor and I still see that they ask for 2-3 years of experience.
Do you know what is the best way to get hired in these fields?
On your resume just highlight you analytical and technical skills. Proficiency in excel and reporting is key. You have to be good with numbers and communicating with others. on cover letter/resume state your specifically looking for a career in supply chain. We always interview students or new grads with no experience but shows an interest in supply chain. No one on my team of 10 had any supply chain experience prior to working here.

I don't really know any recruiters or agencies if that's what you're asking.
Deal Addict
May 28, 2005
2466 posts
422 upvotes
GTA
my company is hiring for customer logistics btw but must be enligh/french bilingual.