Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

[Support Local BC] Purchase $50 or more at any participating Vancity business and receive $25 off

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 2nd, 2020 4:45 pm
Mar 31, 2019
155 posts
102 upvotes
Has anyone used them for a restaurant in Vancouver yet?
Nov 30, 2010
629 posts
489 upvotes
Burnaby
trellaine201 wrote: Ya and do you really need to wait a week before using it?
Depends on the retailer. Rain City Games was ready the next day (I called in to confirm)
Apr 25, 2017
74 posts
88 upvotes
Meet works, but I tried to get $50 gift cards from 2 other restaurants and no luck. I keep getting "VANCITYLOCALBIZ discount code isn’t valid for the items in your cart" when I try the promo.
I guess not every business in their list is qualified.
Aug 15, 2019
636 posts
757 upvotes
untit1ed wrote: Meet works, but I tried to get $50 gift cards from 2 other restaurants and no luck. I keep getting "VANCITYLOCALBIZ discount code isn’t valid for the items in your cart" when I try the promo.
I guess not every business in their list is qualified.
You are correct not every business qualifies.
It has to be the “vancity members” ones which is a category that you can select to browse the options that qualify Clinking Beer Mugs
Banned
Feb 23, 2004
7940 posts
3542 upvotes
I bought from Glenburn Soda Foundation.

Good quality products and good people.
May 8, 2020
234 posts
324 upvotes
Anyone know if they will allow the gift certificate to be redeemed online (ex. Agro Roasters has an online shop) or does it have to be redeemed in store only?
Deal Guru
Jan 30, 2006
14641 posts
3365 upvotes
Vancouver
MuffinHombre wrote: You are correct not every business qualifies.
It has to be the “vancity members” ones which is a category that you can select to browse the options that qualify Clinking Beer Mugs
But you can only redeem one code per account? So max u can save through this program is $25 right?
Aug 21, 2005
659 posts
184 upvotes
Vancouver
johnsm25 wrote: Anyone know if they will allow the gift certificate to be redeemed online (ex. Agro Roasters has an online shop) or does it have to be redeemed in store only?

In store only right now. They’re trying to set up online gift cards in the future and may let you convert
Aug 15, 2019
636 posts
757 upvotes
trellaine201 wrote: But you can only redeem one code per account? So max u can save through this program is $25 right?
Yep one per account. The two for me was through my family member as well.
Banned
Feb 23, 2004
7940 posts
3542 upvotes
trellaine201 wrote: But you can only redeem one code per account? So max u can save through this program is $25 right?
From what I understand, yes.

I made one order and then tried to make a second and was unable to apply the code again.

I didn’t try making a second account, but maybe that will work.
Deal Addict
Feb 20, 2004
1130 posts
513 upvotes
Got Wally's GC's couple days ago and called them. They said I can use them right away even though they told me they didn't receive my order yet in their system. They said they will keep track of it.

Called Chamber they said they only got order's with code's in 4000's thus far, so have to wait 7 days before using them. Good thing I called before heading DT.
Deal Addict
Jul 10, 2004
2256 posts
6076 upvotes
Vancouver
This is a great deal and there are some excellent restaurants/cafes/businesses on this list... but man is the implementation totally amateur. Your gift certificate is just an email with an order number. And it's really confusing when it can be used (after 7 days from purchase??). It puts a lot of onus on the businesses to keep track of everything. Seems like it's just asking for trouble.

I purchased $50 for Agro Roasters. They've already closed their cafe so I asked them if they could send me a $50 promocode for their online store. They said they would soon :) Even without this deal, their beans are one of the best values you can get for single origin coffee.
Deal Addict
Jul 10, 2004
2256 posts
6076 upvotes
Vancouver
trellaine201 wrote: They closed? For good? Astonished Face
Sort of. They've permanently closed their cafe on Clark Drive. However, they're building a bigger one "only a couple of blocks from where we currently are". It seems like a move was in the plans all along, but Covid pushed them to close their current shop a bit earlier than planned. They're selling beans directly online at https://agroroasters.shipsbeans.com/ (only $40 min for free shipping!) and can also be found in a bunch of markets. They seem to be doing well.

Source:

Btw, here's the response I got from Agro Roasters:
We're in the process of getting e-vouchers that will be compatible with our online store (the ones from Support Local BC aren't), which should happen by Monday or Tuesday. You'll receive an email with the code and can then proceed to place your order online.
If/when they send me a $50 promocode for their online store, that would be a SMOKING HOT deal.
For example, you could buy 2 x 2lbs of beans for $56. Minus $25 so you would be paying $31 for 4lbs of beans (assuming it still qualifies for free shippping). That would be amazing.
Last edited by coolwasabi on Aug 8th, 2020 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Guru
Jan 30, 2006
14641 posts
3365 upvotes
Vancouver
coolwasabi wrote: Sort of. They've permanently closed their cafe on Clark Drive. However, they're building a bigger one "only a couple of blocks from where we currently are". It seems like a move was in the plans all along, but Covid pushed them to close their current shop a bit earlier than planned. They're selling beans directly online at https://agroroasters.shipsbeans.com/ (only $40 min for free shipping!) and can also be found in a bunch of markets. They seem to be doing well.

Source:
Ohh ok. I know it’s pretty small. I guess they have outgrown the current space. It is very good coffee. The roastery looked tiny when I was there. Good for them.
Apr 16, 2015
114 posts
177 upvotes
GVRD
Alivenate wrote: Good deal for Waves Coffee. Lots of locations around GVA.

Thanks OP!
Is it like an e-gift card with a barcode to scan? So can use at any location? Debating about purchasing or not.
Sep 18, 2017
963 posts
1581 upvotes
Vancouver
softkitty wrote: Is it like an e-gift card with a barcode to scan? So can use at any location? Debating about purchasing or not.
It’s seriously just an email with your order number on it that you need to show the business.

It’s amateur af
Banned
Feb 23, 2004
7940 posts
3542 upvotes
coolwasabi wrote: This is a great deal and there are some excellent restaurants/cafes/businesses on this list... but man is the implementation totally amateur. Your gift certificate is just an email with an order number. And it's really confusing when it can be used (after 7 days from purchase??). It puts a lot of onus on the businesses to keep track of everything. Seems like it's just asking for trouble.

I purchased $50 for Agro Roasters. They've already closed their cafe so I asked them if they could send me a $50 promocode for their online store. They said they would soon :) Even without this deal, their beans are one of the best values you can get for single origin coffee.
For my order, I was emailed a gift card with a number from the retailer. This happened a few hours after my purchase.

I did notice the wording in the email right after purchase, but it seems like that won’t apply to every retailer.
May 8, 2020
234 posts
324 upvotes
This is awesome! Have you bought from Agro before? Wondering if anyone has used any of their espresso beans with drip and/or aeropress methods.
Deal Guru
Jan 30, 2006
14641 posts
3365 upvotes
Vancouver
johnsm25 wrote: This is awesome! Have you bought from Agro before? Wondering if anyone has used any of their espresso beans with drip and/or aeropress methods.
Only used them with my auto. Grind and brew machine. Americanos.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)