None
[OP]
Sep 27, 2016
75 posts
128 upvotes
GTA

Surrogacy in GTA.

Hi Every one ,
Does any one here has any experience regarding surrogacy in GTA .
Does any one know how to find someone for surrogacy, what type of fee are involved, legal aspects etc.
Any experience /detail will be appreciated.
Any other forum where I can find more information.
Its seems our last option so help us out.
Regards
26 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 21, 2011
3477 posts
676 upvotes
Allenford
Sorry to hear that, we will know in a couple of months if we are in the same boat so will be watching this thread. Does your fertility clinic have any leads?
[OP]
Sep 27, 2016
75 posts
128 upvotes
GTA
snow00774 wrote: Sorry to hear that, we will know in a couple of months if we are in the same boat so will be watching this thread. Does your fertility clinic have any leads?
Not really, they usually refer you some associate agency, who charge your > 100 K.
Deal Addict
May 12, 2014
3214 posts
3125 upvotes
Montreal
Keep in mind that our new federal government plans to issue new regulations regarding this within a year or two, so if you're going this route you may want to hurry.
Deal Addict
Mar 29, 2008
3779 posts
944 upvotes
CoolDudeTheGreat wrote:
random pattern wrote: ivf.ca
Checked with ivf.ca they don't do Surrogacy
It's not a clinic. It's a Canadian oriented website with lots of information, including forums with people talking about issues you'll likely face - legal, finding a surrogate, egg donor etc. Good luck.
[OP]
Sep 27, 2016
75 posts
128 upvotes
GTA
Everyone, thanks for your response, still struggling to find a way to go ahead. Any other suggestions ?
Feb 24, 2004
388 posts
132 upvotes
Here's what I know:

It's illegal to pay for surrogacy in Ontario. However the surrogate can ask for reimbursement for travel, clothing, and anything in between. Quebec and US laws are different where Surrogacy is legal and there are ppl willing to do it for an agreed upon price.

To begin the process the intended parents and the surrogate (and her spouse) will have to go through a psychological evaluation to deem it you are fit. This includes such things as finances, steady and healthy family up bringing, physical and mental state, awareness of the process, the impact of carrying and surrendering, the impact of the pregnancy, medical decision and emotional dealings, etc...

Then both parties will need layers to map out each other's interest. I.e how many tries is each party willing to do? Who gets medical says in what happens? Termination of pregnancy should there be complication? Mom or baby case scenario if only one life can be saved, legal rights to the child should either parties pass away, etc... bottom line no fertility Dr will start the process w/o a contract.

Consider the cost of drugs and the extraction, cycle monitoring, fertilization, implantation and egg storage fees.

Once the child is born a DNA test is required for the courts to deem you legal parents. Roughly 2-3 months process.

Best word of advice is to select a trusted surrogate preferably family. You want to see them often and be with them throughout the journey. To have the same perspective on medical decision and that she is comfortable enough to have u in the delivery room.

It may sound like a lot but it is well worth the journey.
[OP]
Sep 27, 2016
75 posts
128 upvotes
GTA
Happy new year.
Anyone else have any thing new to add about the topic.
We got few leads from USA, but that way too expensive, which are beyond our means.
Spoken to few local agencies, but there is a long waiting list.
A fresh point of view will be greatly appreciated.
Regards
Deal Expert
Mar 18, 2005
22708 posts
4330 upvotes
Niagara Falls
I had a friend that went this method about 5 years ago. I believe the cost was around 60-70 grand. I think the agency was in London if I remember correctly. If you want to know more, PM and I'll see if he still has the info.
Deal Addict
May 23, 2014
1288 posts
868 upvotes
canada
100k is so expensive: what's the cut of the woman who farms the baby inside her for those 9 months ?
Deal Fanatic
Jan 11, 2008
7646 posts
1118 upvotes
GTA
Have you joined and posted on ivf.ca as random pattern suggested. Since that site specifically deals with all fertility related issues, you would be more likely to find advice and guidance. There are people on there who have used surrogacy. I found the site very helpful when going through my infertility and ivf journey.
When your mind says give up, hope whispers "one more try"
Never say never
Deal Addict
Jun 28, 2007
3864 posts
1026 upvotes
We have a friend who did surrogacy, but it was actually in India! They said the total costs were something like $100K, which was substantially cheaper than in the US ($300K after agency fees) or even in Canada.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 11, 2008
7646 posts
1118 upvotes
GTA
gomyone wrote: We have a friend who did surrogacy, but it was actually in India! They said the total costs were something like $100K, which was substantially cheaper than in the US ($300K after agency fees) or even in Canada.
India has banned or has proposed a ban on commercial surrogacy. No one without an Indian passport would be able to use surrogacy there and even citizens requiring surrogacy have to be married 5 years and use a close relative.
When your mind says give up, hope whispers "one more try"
Never say never
Jun 2, 2012
52 posts
6 upvotes
MONTR
Just to correct, paid surrogacy is also not legal in Quebec ( unless it changed really recently) . I think it is the same as in Ontario.

Sorry this doesn't help you but I thought at least to correct this information.

Good luck,
Charles
psyfer wrote: Here's what I know:

It's illegal to pay for surrogacy in Ontario. However the surrogate can ask for reimbursement for travel, clothing, and anything in between. Quebec and US laws are different where Surrogacy is legal and there are ppl willing to do it for an agreed upon price.

To begin the process the intended parents and the surrogate (and her spouse) will have to go through a psychological evaluation to deem it you are fit. This includes such things as finances, steady and healthy family up bringing, physical and mental state, awareness of the process, the impact of carrying and surrendering, the impact of the pregnancy, medical decision and emotional dealings, etc...

Then both parties will need layers to map out each other's interest. I.e how many tries is each party willing to do? Who gets medical says in what happens? Termination of pregnancy should there be complication? Mom or baby case scenario if only one life can be saved, legal rights to the child should either parties pass away, etc... bottom line no fertility Dr will start the process w/o a contract.

Consider the cost of drugs and the extraction, cycle monitoring, fertilization, implantation and egg storage fees.

Once the child is born a DNA test is required for the courts to deem you legal parents. Roughly 2-3 months process.

Best word of advice is to select a trusted surrogate preferably family. You want to see them often and be with them throughout the journey. To have the same perspective on medical decision and that she is comfortable enough to have u in the delivery room.

It may sound like a lot but it is well worth the journey.
[OP]
Sep 27, 2016
75 posts
128 upvotes
GTA
Hi,
Any one has any updates.
Even in GTA agencies are demanding around 60k.
Regards
Nov 13, 2007
878 posts
124 upvotes
Toronto
IVF cost about $15k-$20k, including the drug. Adding surrogate on top of that.

Off topic, The other days I read news about a surrogate mother in southeast asia gave birth to a twin. The real parents took the healthy girl and left behind the boy with Down syndrome. She was paid less than $5k and now have to care of the baby with a condition. Not sure how much the couple paid agency.
Deal Addict
Apr 7, 2012
2541 posts
637 upvotes
Toronto
In the GTA, it’s costs 60-80k.

That breaks down to roughly:

$10,000 for legal fees — including independent legal advice for both parties, and the creation of a legal contract (surrogacy contracts aren’t recognized in Quebec, and can be in somewhat of a grey zone in other provinces)
average of $20,000 in surrogate expenses — this usually covers additional meals, childcare, any vitamins, health supplements or treatment (like acupuncture or reflexology)
up to $25,000 in the fertility treatment process — surrogates get referred to a fertility clinic, where they get implanted with embryos created by the intended parents
$5,000 in medication — hormone injections are required in the first term to sync a surrogate’s body with the egg donor to mimic and maintain a pregnancy

Bill C-6, which covers surrogacy law in Canada covers, states it’s illegal to pay for surrogacy.
Deal Addict
Apr 7, 2012
2541 posts
637 upvotes
Toronto
CoolDudeTheGreat wrote: Hi,
Any one has any updates.
Even in GTA agencies are demanding around 60k.
Regards
That would be on the very low end of costs. But otherwise, it’s accurate.
If money is an issue ... this probably isn’t a realistic option for you. You won’t find a “cheaper” option, if that’s what you’re looking for.