362 upvotes
White Rock, BC

Survival First Aid Kit summer sale up to 65% off

Deal Link:
Savings:
65%
Retailer:
Survival First Aid Kits
Due to the nature of my job, I've had a chance to work with quite a few different first aid kits.
Survival First Aid Kits from Australia is by far one of the best first aid kits that are well thought out.
I highly recommend them.
I was just about to refill my some of my products and checked out their site and right now they are offering summer sale.

Currently, their vehicle first aid kit is being offered for $59 which is a very compelling price, although not the cheapest, very well made.
Their first aid kits are color-coded with specific wording for their uses and their molle webbing allows it for easy deployment and expandability to your molle gear systems.

I recommend everyone to have at least one first aid kits at home at least, if possible.. 1 at your car, and 1 at your workplace.

I highly recommend them and hope everyone stays safe during these times :)
18 replies
Apr 17, 2017
198 posts
109 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
Shipping fee just kills the deal
Feb 4, 2007
690 posts
456 upvotes
FREE Shipping Over $122.37 CAD to Canada. Odd number but I assume it changes with the exchange rate.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 4, 2011
5720 posts
3639 upvotes
West Vancouver
meh
[OP]
Nov 18, 2013
347 posts
362 upvotes
White Rock, BC
If you just purchase one more or two it's free shipping and their shipping is quite fast.
I just wanted to share for those of you who value quality over cheap products, so it's okay if you downvote.
For me, I value quality gears and tools with good price proportion.
I don't want to cheap out on gears, just to have it fail on me on the field, and trust me it happens.
With my experience in the field, this is one of the best first aid kits with good value for this price.
Apr 17, 2015
715 posts
545 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Lots of experience "in the field".. sounds suspiciously like a sales pitch too.. could just be my viewpoint.
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2019
1458 posts
3283 upvotes
Canada
Just take your time to do the research for good quality items and create your own kits... Might cost the same but with good quality products inside lol
Live a little
Apr 13, 2017
455 posts
235 upvotes
Any recommendations for a simple light-weight first kit that I can throw in my backpack? I ride e-skateboards a lot and while I hope I don't have a serious fall I think it's good to be prepared.
Nov 25, 2019
214 posts
246 upvotes
caniran wrote: FREE Shipping Over $122.37 CAD to Canada. Odd number but I assume it changes with the exchange rate.
Yes, $90 USD.
Jan 16, 2016
109 posts
52 upvotes
Toronto
OP, were you charged any import fees? From the FAQ, it looks like they're shipping from Australia.
[OP]
Nov 18, 2013
347 posts
362 upvotes
White Rock, BC
k9fire wrote: Lots of experience "in the field".. sounds suspiciously like a sales pitch too.. could just be my viewpoint.
Yes, just your viewpoint. I am an advanced wilderness and remote first aid instructor and I used to serve in the army.
So, I know people get frozen on what to do during emergency situations.
This kit is very well thought out with clearly labeled uses, which helps many first time users.
I've been on rfd forums longer than you have and I don't post random things.
I value my money and I like to spend on quality products even if it costs a bit more than most people care to spend.
I said I don't really care, but people like you do make me feel bad and discourage me to post things even when I find quality products at a fair value.
Yes, this isn't a deeply discounted product. But, I think it was a good price for its quality.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 19, 2006
5679 posts
1290 upvotes
Man was hoping it was an actual survival first aid kit where u can bring it around for backpacking/hiking trips. All of these look way too big and heavy
[OP]
Nov 18, 2013
347 posts
362 upvotes
White Rock, BC
Yes, they ship from Australia.
I've ordered from them occasionally, but I didn't pay for any import fees.
But, it seems like they shipped it using dhl this time and I got a text saying I need to pay for import fee yesterday.
This sucks, but that didn't happen before and I am bummed out about that.
It may be because of COVID-19 and the backlog of their mailing system? I'm not so sure.
I just sent them an email about it. I will keep you posted.
[OP]
Nov 18, 2013
347 posts
362 upvotes
White Rock, BC
TruE SkiLLS wrote: Man was hoping it was an actual survival first aid kit where u can bring it around for backpacking/hiking trips. All of these look way too big and heavy
their snake bite kit with a combination of added gears could be one way to go.
Their molle webbing allows it to be attached easily to a backpack and easily detached as well.
Apr 5, 2018
4 posts
1 upvote
Thanks OP, keep the posts coming, ignore the trolls.
Apr 2, 2009
276 posts
173 upvotes
Vancouver
If shipment is via DHL then you'll definitely get hit with broker fees plus 12%. Thanks for post. I'm looking for Canadian first aid kit supplier to avoid all the extra charges.
[OP]
Nov 18, 2013
347 posts
362 upvotes
White Rock, BC
KamS046 wrote: Any recommendations for a simple light-weight first kit that I can throw in my backpack? I ride e-skateboards a lot and while I hope I don't have a serious fall I think it's good to be prepared.
I do recommend you have some form of first aid kit with you.
Look into molle backpack, that allows you to easily expand storage if needed.
and maybe buy a small molle pouch with few things thrown in together.
pouch from maxpedition is one of my favourites.
https://www.amazon.ca/Maxpedition-90062 ... rts&sr=1-2

If you need list of what to buy refer to:
https://www.redcross.ca/training-and-ce ... t-contents

but for e-skateboards, I recommend your protective gear at all times and possibly adding splints.
https://www.amazon.ca/Sawyer-Products-M ... rts&sr=1-2

none of the links are affiliated links, incase you are 'suspicious'.
Mar 25, 2008
314 posts
1595 upvotes
Metrotown / Burnaby …
I'd suggest to build your own, which would make your kit more suitable for your needs and would be cheaper with quality products:
e.g. many years ago I bought the two sizes of MEC's first aid kit bags: https://www.mec.ca/en/product/5028-686/First-Aid-Bag and depending on where we go / what we use them for we put them in the back-back. (I also bought one of those super cheap ones off of eBay and filled it with quality products that I always keep in the car).

To complete those I essentially mimicked what some expensive kits contained and bought things here and there.
e.g. London Drugs has sales on first-aid products about twice a year (e.g. bandages, misc dressings, wound care, etc).
Some things I bought off of Amazon (e.g. QuickClot)
Some items I bought off of eBay e.g. sheers which were about $3 and high quality.
Also, I always toss in there a hydrogen peroxide 100ml spray bottle (which I used to buy at Dollar Store, now just refilling from bottles from Costco)
And in case of lacerations have a pack of these https://www.amazon.ca/3M-STERI-STRIP-SK ... B0006GE6X0
and also this: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004C ... oltools-20 (bought it a year ago from Amazon.com as it was way cheaper and picked it up across the border) Luckily never had to use either... Prior to this I carried a small tube of crazy glue just in case -- since when hiking in the back country it's always better to feel safe than sorry ;) since any help may be far away.... (NOTE: super glue's will work, but are not recommended for medical uses since they're more toxic than the medical-grade cyanoacrylate-based glues)

There are tons of first aid kit lists that can be found online, and/or you can look up some of the better kits out there , see what they contain, and build your own accordingly.

For example: The bottom line, big or small, it's always best to have something readily available, than nothing... no matter what your activities are.
Deal Addict
Aug 23, 2013
1644 posts
1104 upvotes
Toronto
I'd also suggest building your own, it's really not that much more expensive than OP's deal. Of course what each person has/want in their First Aid/Survival Kits would be different asides from your usual supplies.

I always like to support Canadian Companies as much as possible, these are two good places where you can buy supplies for your kit as per your needs.

https://www.canadiansafetysupplies.com/
https://www.firstaidcanada.com/

They also sell First Aid/Survival Kits if you are not interested in building your own.