3254 posts
900 upvotes
Edmonton
bwahahaha damn thats funny

i got a question:

how is it possible to get under 1 GPA?

my whole university career goal was: be smarter than the stupidest 10%
that way, you get a minimum C or C-
so thats about 2GPA, so trying to get a bit better/getting lucky and you get over the 2.0 gpa

i didnt do homework, didnt buy textbooks (im too cheap) and only failed one course. as long as I attend class, i am not sure how its possible to get under 1.0 GPA.......

on a topic more for you:
you have 1 more semester to go, they take the average over a whole year (fall+winter semester) and then let you know that you are suspended or whatnot.
I also believe that after the first year you do bad, you are on "academic warning" so not suspension, but i guess if you do under 1.0 gpa then maybe it is straight suspension.

Just try getting 3.5 or so GPA on your second semester and take the same amount of courses so you average over 2 and you are fine
warming up the earth 1 gas fill-up at a time...
You only live once, get a v8
Deal Addict
Mar 18, 2005
4421 posts
149 upvotes
Mississauga
just accept it. you are destined to work at mcdonalds for the rest of your life.
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2009
2602 posts
1159 upvotes
You'll most likely be put on probation.
My advice to you would be STUDY HARDER.
If you can't find anyone else to blame :( .....You're just not looking hard enough. :lol:
Jan 11, 2010
81 posts
5 upvotes
Toronto
for one you need to re-evaluate the reason why your in university, second head down to your university adviser and get the low down on what the repercussions are for such a low GPA. Most importantly devise a game plan on how you plan on fixing your issue, transferring to a different university won't necessarily solve your problem as i assume you'd probably have the same 'mentality/study habits'.

If anything take the semester off, or reduce your course load so as to focus on a limited number of courses and manage your time.

Are you working full-time...whats the reason for such a low gpa?
Deal Addict
Jul 29, 2006
3908 posts
726 upvotes
tmkf_patryk wrote:
Jan 5th, 2011 12:19 am
bwahahaha damn thats funny

i got a question:

how is it possible to get under 1 GPA?

my whole university career goal was: be smarter than the stupidest 10%
that way, you get a minimum C or C-
so thats about 2GPA, so trying to get a bit better/getting lucky and you get over the 2.0 gpa

i didnt do homework, didnt buy textbooks (im too cheap) and only failed one course. as long as I attend class, i am not sure how its possible to get under 1.0 GPA.......

on a topic more for you:
you have 1 more semester to go, they take the average over a whole year (fall+winter semester) and then let you know that you are suspended or whatnot.
I also believe that after the first year you do bad, you are on "academic warning" so not suspension, but i guess if you do under 1.0 gpa then maybe it is straight suspension.

Just try getting 3.5 or so GPA on your second semester and take the same amount of courses so you average over 2 and you are fine

that was really unnecessary
Deal Guru
Dec 7, 2009
13794 posts
1304 upvotes
OP, when you say that you, "received your fall term marks" you make it sound like your GPA was something that was sprung on you in a surprise envelope.

Have you not been tracking your academic progress throughout the year? I mean, you should be able to tell us roughly what your GPA is in every singe course, at any given time throughout the semester. If you don't know, are unsure, or even cautiously optimistic, or ANYTHING that suggests that you're unaware, that's a major red flag.

That said, I don't see why you shouldn't have options. I assume the winter term has started, so you need to book an appt. with an academic counsellor like yesterday, and get your act figured out. You need to be ahead of the game. Be pro-active. This is your education.
In a perfect system, corporations would fear the government and the government would fear the people. - David Wong

Check out caRpetbomBer's picks in this thread.
Sep 13, 2008
708 posts
20 upvotes
Toronto
relax they're always easier on first year students. they'll probably give you one more chance and put you on probation.
Banned
Dec 14, 2010
62 posts
10 upvotes
scarborough
fat drunk and stupid is no way to go through life son
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2008
2070 posts
115 upvotes
North York
bionic21 wrote:
Jan 5th, 2011 12:42 am
for one you need to re-evaluate the reason why your in university, second head down to your university adviser and get the low down on what the repercussions are for such a low GPA. Most importantly devise a game plan on how you plan on fixing your issue, transferring to a different university won't necessarily solve your problem as i assume you'd probably have the same 'mentality/study habits'.

If anything take the semester off, or reduce your course load so as to focus on a limited number of courses and manage your time.

Are you working full-time...whats the reason for such a low gpa?

Agree.

OP, have you even identified what you did wrong to mess up so badly? Did you skip a lot? I can't imagine how anyone can get such a low GPA. Did you experience depression due to the changes of university life? It's quite common. The shock of a new environment and increase in workload is sometimes hard to get a grip on.

You should re-think your plans. University doesn't always equal to success. Maybe it isn't for you or maybe the program you chose isn't what you really want to do at all. Even if you lack the intellectual ability to get a stellar grade, interest in your program should have gotten you a higher GPA. Definitely talk to your academic adviser in your school and develop a plan.
Deal Addict
Sep 24, 2007
1970 posts
84 upvotes
I'm guessing the suspension would be about 12 months, in which case I suggest you re-evaluate your situation and decide whether that program is the right program for you. You might find yourself wanting to go into a different field, and that's completely okay. It's just that sometimes people fail, and people need to get on their feet again one way or the other, whether it's through their planned path or not.
Mar 9, 2009
433 posts
161 upvotes
Thornhill
We need more people like you, to make it easier for people like me to find quality jobs. Thank you.
Deal Guru
Dec 7, 2009
13794 posts
1304 upvotes
What's with all the sadistic and mean-spirited comments? Can't you atleast be human, instead of getting a boner at someone else's misfortune?

What an awful group of people RFD has.
In a perfect system, corporations would fear the government and the government would fear the people. - David Wong

Check out caRpetbomBer's picks in this thread.
Dec 17, 2010
268 posts
27 upvotes
Calgary
Well, first off congrats for being an idiot.
Second, forget another university or program, why are you even in school in the first place? A 1.0 GPA is pathetic; it means you weren't even trying.