Suspicious Vehicle parked across the street in front of property

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 28th, 2022 9:58 am
May 22, 2011
69 posts
155 upvotes
Toronto

Suspicious Vehicle parked across the street in front of property

So I woke up this morning to a very dirty but newer model Nissan Murano parked in front my driveway on the opposite side of the street. I am certain that it doesn't belong to anyone on my small street (it's a cul de sac of about 5 houses on each side, I basically know what all my neighbours drive, also they're all from the silent generation or baby boomers so I don't think they'd be driving around past midnight)

I came home around 10pm last night so I double checked my dash cam footage and saw that it wasn't parked there when I arrived, I did hear some noises last night at around 12:30AM but didn't check it out

The front driver's side tire has disintegrated off of the rim, as it seems it started off being driven with a flat tire to the point where its now being driven on the rim itself. It also looks like it was parked there in a hurry (it is parked quite far from the curb)

The windows are really dark tinted, but I was able to see that the driver's seat has been reclined all the way down and there is a huge ass sweat mark on the headrest of the seat, as if someone were trying to hide (lol)

So my theory is that it was either:

- stolen for whatever reason and then ditched on random street

or

- drunk driver got sketched out and decided to ditch it on a random street, come back with new tire to fix or claim it as stolen later

I had to double check my vehicles to see if forced entry was attempted, as one of my vehicles was parked on the street last night on the opposite side of this vehicle and luckily nothing seemed to have been touched

Now i'm wondering what I should do at this point... Do I wait to see if someone will come and change the wheel and then pick it up later tonight, do I call 311 and report a suspicious vehicle? Maybe it does belong to a neighbour that got a killer deal on a newer model Nissan Murano with 3 functional tires and a nice sweat mark on the driver's seat headrest (still looks moist)
20221015_133359.jpg
20221015_133502.jpg
24 replies
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
33237 posts
21166 upvotes
Toronto
Police chase + spike belt + got away til the front rubber was totally shredded + pulled into a very quiet street + just waiting for his buddies to come and rescue him or waiting his next victim of car jacking incident
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2007
3870 posts
1461 upvotes
Toronto
Cool story - its not a Murano fyi

Call police or city

Unless its for sale below msrp, RFD won’t help
Deal Expert
Feb 8, 2014
32143 posts
15423 upvotes
Socially Distanced
With no tire it won't be participating in any high speed chases.
Or low speed ones.

Probably came with no spare tire. And no CAA/CT auto club membership
In fact in Rand McNally they wear hats on their feet and hamburgers eat people
Deal Expert
Jan 15, 2006
21392 posts
23732 upvotes
Richmond Hill
What an odd question to ask a bunch of strangers...
Deal Guru
Feb 4, 2015
10331 posts
6695 upvotes
Canada, Eh!!
Looks like a Nissan Rogue.

Call police and they will come and have it towed.

With newer cars some are easy to hack and then go for joyride and leave at random place... that the front tire is totally shredded... might be something criminal.
2022/3: BOC raised 10 times and MCAP raised its prime next day.
2017,2018: BOC raised rates 5 times and MCAP raised its prime next day each time.
2020: BOC dropped rates 3 times and MCAP waited to drop its prime to include all 3 drops.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 26, 2008
7022 posts
2907 upvotes
Victoria, BC
OP is correct - it is a 2014 Murano. Looked a bit more traditional than later Muranos. Definitely not a Rogue - has quite different rear quarter styling.

If a tow truck hasn't come for it yet, definitely see if police will be interested in tracking down the registered owner.

Could be wasn't stolen, and owner was just driving it into the ground (literally) because of failing CVT.
May 27, 2007
16088 posts
4769 upvotes
Toronto
Call the non-emergency police line, they can tell you if it's stolen or involved in a chase, etc.
RedFlagDeals.com
See an inappropriate post? Use the "Report Post" function to alert Moderators!
Deal Fanatic
Jan 8, 2009
6236 posts
4776 upvotes
Ontario
Menthos12 wrote: So I woke up this morning.......
Always the best way to start a day.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 26, 2009
5429 posts
5283 upvotes
GTA
wmahmud wrote: Cool story - its not a Murano fyi

Call police or city

Unless its for sale below msrp, RFD won’t help
georvu wrote: Looks like a Nissan Rogue.

Call police and they will come and have it towed.

With newer cars some are easy to hack and then go for joyride and leave at random place... that the front tire is totally shredded... might be something criminal.
macnut wrote: OP is correct - it is a 2014 Murano. Looked a bit more traditional than later Muranos. Definitely not a Rogue - has quite different rear quarter styling.

If a tow truck hasn't come for it yet, definitely see if police will be interested in tracking down the registered owner.

Could be wasn't stolen, and owner was just driving it into the ground (literally) because of failing CVT.
Jeez, get lasik or something, it's a Qashqai. Macnut you are funny '14 Murano?? Grinning Face With Smiling EyesGrinning Face With Smiling EyesGrinning Face With Smiling Eyes you take the top prize.
2018-2019 Qashqai SL to be precise based on the bigger rims. Newer '20 and up has different led taillights and different front bumper. Weird how OP noticed "ass sweat marks" through those dark windows but missed model emblem on the rear hatch.
Deal Guru
Feb 4, 2015
10331 posts
6695 upvotes
Canada, Eh!!
Tommy74 wrote: Jeez, get lasik or something, it's a Qashqai. Macnut you are funny '14 Murano?? Grinning Face With Smiling EyesGrinning Face With Smiling EyesGrinning Face With Smiling Eyes you take the top prize.
2018-2019 Qashqai SL to be precise based on the bigger rims. Newer '20 and up has different led taillights and different front bumper.
What kind of troll are you?

Go claim your prize... guess someone has too much time on their hands to figure out vehicle.
2022/3: BOC raised 10 times and MCAP raised its prime next day.
2017,2018: BOC raised rates 5 times and MCAP raised its prime next day each time.
2020: BOC dropped rates 3 times and MCAP waited to drop its prime to include all 3 drops.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 26, 2009
5429 posts
5283 upvotes
GTA
georvu wrote: What kind of troll are you?

Go claim your prize... guess someone has too much time on their hands to figure out vehicle.
One look my friend - all it takes. I have good visual memory and I remember small details when it comes to cars. Murano - totally different car, no comparison here, Rouge - the rear section after rear doors is way different.
Deal Expert
Oct 28, 2004
24669 posts
8738 upvotes
Toronto
cmon bruh!!!

Obviously if no one on your street is claiming the car, then it is yours!!

Have it towed to an auto shop, pop open the door, have them scratch out the VIN (windshield and doors, is there a VIN on the engine too?), replace the blown out tire, get a set of keys made for you and boom!!!

Free ride!!!

Lady Luck is shining upon you too, this is a Nissan & luckily not a Hyundai / KIA
Deal Expert
Oct 7, 2010
15536 posts
5790 upvotes
It’s actually a Nissan Qashai or soemthing. Not a Murano. Maybe call the city to tow it away.
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2007
3870 posts
1461 upvotes
Toronto

What? The OP has too much time to report to RFD police then just go to the city or local police

What the heck are we going to do for him? Help with a part out sale?
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2017
1048 posts
804 upvotes
Are you scared to knock on the doors of your neighbors and ask them if they know who left the car parked outside their house? If their answer is no, then you should just report it to 311 as a suspicious vehicle. A couple of months ago we also had a vehicle that had been in the parking lot for days and we found out was stolen and dumped there after reporting it.
Deal Guru
Apr 11, 2006
12388 posts
6570 upvotes
Vaughan
Folks, I'm afraid we may have to call Liam Neeson, OP might have been taken and won't be able to respond to thread once he got involved with said vehicle, which is most definitely a Nissan Qashqai. Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2012
2724 posts
2297 upvotes
Vaughan, ON
Strange it’s always a Nissan lol. My father received a complaint from a commercial tenant about a Rogue with a right rear blown tire (also on the rim) seemingly abandoned on the property. York regional police attended and guarded the vehicle for an hour, presumably to verify whether reported stolen, before departing the scene. My father was told to call a tow truck and upon arrival the operator advised police the vehicle was being towed (again ensuring not flagged as stolen) before storing it at the yard.
Deal Guru
Sep 6, 2002
11548 posts
5376 upvotes
Moving target
Tommy74 wrote:

Jeez, get lasik or something, it's a Qashqai. Macnut you are funny '14 Murano?? Grinning Face With Smiling EyesGrinning Face With Smiling EyesGrinning Face With Smiling Eyes you take the top prize.
2018-2019 Qashqai SL to be precise based on the bigger rims. Newer '20 and up has different led taillights and different front bumper. Weird how OP noticed "ass sweat marks" through those dark windows but missed model emblem on the rear hatch.

Lol I think his post was pretty funny. Good on em for figuring it out.

Let’s face it. If you’re surfing rfd forums and posting you got time.

OP good story tho. Those tires look really shredded. My guess is a police chase or some kind of chase after a drug deal / robbery.

If someone is good at hopping fences a cul de sac can be a good escape on foot.
Autocorrect sucks
Deal Fanatic
Sep 7, 2004
9135 posts
7083 upvotes
West GTEH!
Does your street allow overnight parking? Overnight street parking permit required?
Not sure which part of Toronto you live at.
😎