Deal Addict
Dec 22, 2010
1718 posts
359 upvotes
BC

SUV finds parking spot on Richmond sidewalk

https://dailyhive.com/vancouver/audi-dr ... n-richmond

This is what I call bold.

Anyway it netted her a $360 fine & 4 points on her driver's licence. Her excuse was she wanted to use a Bank ATM.
crazy-driver.png;w=960.png
crazy-driver.png;w=960.png
"If you ever doubted yourself, remember, the Stupidest Man on earth became President" Li Ka Shing
21 replies
Banned
Oct 8, 2020
606 posts
493 upvotes
If she can afford it, why not.
- - - > Life is a waste of time.
Deal Guru
Mar 9, 2007
14167 posts
9465 upvotes
Think of the Childre…
You can tell this person can't drive / park. Look at all those scuff marks and broken tail light on the bottom.

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
Deal Addict
May 31, 2003
3108 posts
306 upvotes
Toronto, ON
This is literally normal for Richmond. I was always mind blown when I lived in BC and drove through Richmond.
"The crows seemed to be calling his name, thought Caw." - Jack Handey
References
HeatWare
Deal Guru
Dec 22, 2005
12957 posts
133 upvotes
Oakville, ON
Chrispy wrote: This is literally normal for Richmond. I was always mind blown when I lived in BC and drove through Richmond.
Me too. When I was there in 2019 it seemed the car lanes were only suggestions and if it fits, it parks. I saw cars on sidewalks and motorcycles in bike racks. Not the small dirt bike style but full size cycles.
She can afford the fine I bet but the 4 points have to hurt.
Energy can neither be created nor destroyed. It can only be wasted.
Red Green
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2003
4165 posts
196 upvotes
Tahsis
4 points is no big deal unless she has lots already.
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2007
4123 posts
1051 upvotes
This kind of behavior should be heavily punished. Either compound the car or issue a ticket for a percentage of her income.
FS : Promise NS4300N NAS,Linksys RE400W,E5151,HBB1,VIVOTab RT,MemoPad 8
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
18855 posts
2537 upvotes
Woodbridge
Agreed. If you have the funds WWYGAF.
"I'll put up color bars before I'll put you in front of our cameras."

- MacKenzie
THE NEWSROOM (HBO)
Deal Expert
Feb 8, 2014
22091 posts
8468 upvotes
Socially Distanced
If this is a one percenter who does not care about financial penalties then more tax cuts will solve the problem.
In fact in Rand McNally they wear hats on their feet and hamburgers eat people
Aug 21, 2019
577 posts
391 upvotes
BC
She's just a bad driver.

4 demerits points is considerable its about 10 points for class 5 drivers, before icbc starts a driving records review and hand out prohibitions. So, to those saying she got off easy, relax she'll be off the road sooner then you know it if she keeps this up. Face With Rolling Eyes
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
29748 posts
10470 upvotes
NikolaZrinski wrote: If she can afford it, why not.
bembol wrote: Agreed. If you have the funds WWYGAF.
Quentin5 wrote: If this is a one percenter who does not care about financial penalties then more tax cuts will solve the problem.
Don't think this is no "one percenter". That's a 1st gen pre-facelift Q5 there guys, not a brand new Urus lol.

Also no idea why they blurred her face, she's bold enough to do nonsense like this then should be bold enough to have her face all over the news, internet, doing so.

What a cheesehead.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 6, 2007
8969 posts
6062 upvotes
Kootenays
Upvoted for the Li Ka-shing quote OP.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 6, 2002
9126 posts
2109 upvotes
Vancouver
Pmeena wrote: 4 points is no big deal unless she has lots already.
I’m more familiar with Ontario laws but I’m super impressed points could be issued for a parking fine.

That would never happen in Ontario unless the car was running with a driver in it
Autocorrect sucks
Deal Addict
May 16, 2017
1837 posts
2333 upvotes
GangStarr wrote: I’m more familiar with Ontario laws but I’m super impressed points could be issued for a parking fine.

That would never happen in Ontario unless the car was running with a driver in it
The points wouldn't be for the parking violation (i.e. municipal parking bylaw) but for driving a vehicle on sidewalk and whatever other motor vehicle act regulations the driver violated (perhaps driving without due care and attention - the catch-all for stupid driving).
Mar 29, 2021
11 posts
3 upvotes
Fine and points probably won't deter much for her. Public shaming will do the trick. Hold her accountable and unblur her face! Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes
Deal Guru
Oct 6, 2010
14999 posts
9400 upvotes
Toronto
lol, the comments in the article are hilarious.

This one is pretty mint: Somebody needs to explain to them why they will NOT respawn at the nearest hospital...
DYI difficulty scale:
0-joke
10-no joke

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Deal Fanatic
Oct 13, 2008
5099 posts
2005 upvotes
insync44 wrote: https://dailyhive.com/vancouver/audi-dr ... n-richmond

This is what I call bold.

Anyway it netted her a $360 fine & 4 points on her driver's licence. Her excuse was she wanted to use a Bank ATM.crazy-driver.png;w=960.pngcrazy-driver.png;w=960.png
what is the point of blurring out the license plate?

You drive around and you see them ... your dashcam records them ...

Let people see stupidity at its best!
16'x11' Living Room 11' Cathedral Ceiling. Hisense 65Q8G. Denon AVR-S740H 7.2 setup. Jamo Classic 10 280W Towers - FR+FL; Polk S35 - Center; Klipsch R51M - RR+RL; Klipsch R14M - Dolby FHR+FHL; Polk HTS10 Subwoofer x2. Unlocked Android Boxes from Taiwan x2