Expired Hot Deals

[SVP sports] Oakley Cycling Jerseys and Bibs

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 11th, 2020 7:20 pm
Aug 24, 2006
251 posts
173 upvotes
Toronto
peji911 wrote: Never heard of this store. Is it brand new?
SVP has been around in the GTA since at least the early 2000s, perhaps since the 90s. They've had stores in Rexdale, Scarborough and one by Yorkdale for a good 20 years now. I think their website is newer. It's built on Shopify.

They specialize in heavily discounted outlet merchandise. Some of it just B-grade merchandise - when a manufacturer reaches the end of a production line, they don't run out of all input material at the same time and they'll usually use inferior substitutes and sell those in outlets. Have many friends who stopped shopping there because of bad quality. From anecdotal evidence, they've also carried fakes at various times. Their championship Raptors New Era hats were comically bad imitations for sure.
That being said, I don't think anyone in their right mind would make fake Oakley cycling jerseys, so these are probably just an outlet stock dump.

Thanks for posting OP!
all3nb wrote: ***fyi these fit very slim. I’m 180lb 5’8. Semi athletic build / dad bod. I wear a L/Xl in Oakley cycling.
The Oakley site has a size calculator. Just search for the product code and there's a tool listed there. Not sure if it's there on the mobile site or just desktop.

FYI, all the $19 jerseys are gone except for one style in limited sizes. Some bibs and premium ($40) jerseys still left.
Apr 23, 2016
401 posts
442 upvotes
Kelowna
Argh. Wish I saw this in time! Everything decent is sold out.
Nov 30, 2013
167 posts
187 upvotes
NB
SuperOxide wrote: Only XXL size left. I feel like most people who are XXL probably also don't wear these in the first place Face With Tears Of Joy
No need to come across as an a$$. If these are made in China then it XXL is more like a LG or MED. FWIW I have Castelli bibs in XXL that fit like a L in Garneau or PI. It is all about how they are made.
Deep_Stich wrote: Always some guy fluffing his ego in every single sports apparel thread... What size do you imagine a guy with a 50" chest and proper shoulders would wear? Not all cyclists are 5'2. Sure, you'll never be a pro, but then again they also make basketball shoes in size 8 too 🤦‍♂️
You are being polite calling it 'ego'. This guy is no pro either but it is always fun to pretend, right !?

I ordered a couple pair, even if they are too big they would be great to use when on the trainer during the winter. I ALWAYS seem to forget to wash them after one or two uses. Nothin' worse than putting on un washed bike bibs.

PS(FOR THE GUYS) - NEVER WEAR WHITE BIKE SHORTS !
Last edited by daviddavieboy on Aug 6th, 2020 5:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
I AM NOT A BOOMER, but I wish i was.
Feb 13, 2008
355 posts
131 upvotes
Hamilton
SuperOxide wrote: Only XXL size left. I feel like most people who are XXL probably also don't wear these in the first place Face With Tears Of Joy
This is cycling clothing - unless you are a full on athlete or like the sausage look you always need to upsize a lot. Since this is a North American manufacturer it might not be too bad, I'm 6'1" and a large, for European cycling kit I wouldn't order less than 2X or even 3X.
Deal Addict
Aug 27, 2009
1105 posts
1024 upvotes
^What this guy says, always AT LEAST 1 size larger.
Dec 11, 2005
82 posts
15 upvotes
They had the Oakley cycling gear last year. I ended up only buying the socks. I wear a large in most cycling clothing and the XL was super tight on the upper chest. I couldn't do it. Not sure if its the same style as last year. Good deal if it fits.
May 25, 2009
199 posts
18 upvotes
Toronto
Why not white??
daviddavieboy wrote: No need to come across as an a$$. If these are made in China then it XXL is more like a LG or MED. FWIW I have Castelli bibs in XXL that fit like a L in Garneau or PI. It is all about how they are made.

You are being polite calling it 'ego'. This guy is no pro either but it is always fun to pretend, right !?

I ordered a couple pair, even if they are too big they would be great to use when on the trainer during the winter. I ALWAYS seem to forget to wash them after one or two uses. Nothin' worse than putting on laundered bike bibs.

PS(FOR THE GUYS) - NEVER WEAR WHITE BIKE SHORTS !
Dec 26, 2012
172 posts
160 upvotes
TORONTO
crap, it's sold out and i missed it. thanks though!
Nov 30, 2013
167 posts
187 upvotes
NB
gujuman23 wrote: Why not white??
I am not what you call modest but there is a limit, for me anyway. You will have to explore that for yourself.
I AM NOT A BOOMER, but I wish i was.
May 25, 2009
199 posts
18 upvotes
Toronto
daviddavieboy wrote: I am not what you call modest but there is a limit, for me anyway. You will have to explore that for yourself.
LOL.. I oddly understand
Sep 11, 2008
522 posts
268 upvotes
Quebec
Just bought the white kit 🤦‍♂️
Nov 25, 2018
73 posts
277 upvotes
10 pts if you remember Si Vous Play at Westwood mall in the 90’s
Deal Addict
Sep 24, 2009
1773 posts
385 upvotes
Markham
This deal was posted somewhere last week. Kind of forgot about it since then. Selection is WAY smaller than before
Jan 13, 2004
817 posts
39 upvotes
Markham
whats the return policy on these bibs?