Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

[Swagbucks and Drop] CIBC Air Canada AC Conversion Visa Prepaid Card - Get a reward valued at $50-$65

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 28th, 2020 11:09 am
Banned
May 10, 2018
3 posts
16 upvotes
It's a long thread. Just wondering if someone could quickly tell me the best (lowest cost) way to withdraw my money? I went to a small bank in the U.S today. They have $3.5USD fee for withdrawal. Is it a better deal to exchange back to CAD? Is there any ATM machine that don't have fees?
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2005
9870 posts
1914 upvotes
TO
Honestly I wish gcr still had it I'd go through them because both Swagbucks and drop are unreliable. Swagbucks I think I can still manage to chase and get my points after 32 day wait.
"You can't soar with the eagles if you're hanging with the turkeys - Gary Kent
Deal Addict
May 26, 2010
1798 posts
1184 upvotes
Eastern Canada
TorontoEh wrote: Honestly I wish gcr still had it I'd go through them because both Swagbucks and drop are unreliable. Swagbucks I think I can still manage to chase and get my points after 32 day wait.
Some are still waiting since March, in the Cibc GRC thread
. . . .
Be Nice...
. . . .
Deal Guru
Apr 10, 2011
12742 posts
25705 upvotes
Montreal
TorontoEh wrote: Honestly I wish gcr still had it I'd go through them because both Swagbucks and drop are unreliable. Swagbucks I think I can still manage to chase and get my points after 32 day wait.
fonzy35 wrote: Some are still waiting since March, in the Cibc GRC thread
... and Swagbucks has been reliable for MANY people. When things go well, people tend to NOT report about it.
Banned
May 7, 2007
13912 posts
5710 upvotes
fonzy35 wrote: First card:(back in March i think)
Same Name
Address mix of french and english
Same phone number
Different e-mail

Second cards(about the end ofApril)
Same name
Address in french
Same phone number
Different e-mail
Now, will it work again? I don't know, I'm NOT trying again :-)

I would like too know if anyone else successfully did a double dip with GCR and Swagbucks?
Meaning getting the Promo $40 with GCR and the Promo $50 Swagbucks.
When you say "address in french" -- how is that?

If I live in French area of Winnipeg (where some street signs names say in french as well as in English)... XXXX St Anne's Rd, Winnipeg MB ... postal code (mixture of English letters and numbers) ... --- How would you write specifically "St Anne's Rd, Winnipeg MB ... postal code[/b] (mixture of English letters and numbers)" all in french?

I still want the card to arrive to my mail box and not get lost. :)
Banned
May 7, 2007
13912 posts
5710 upvotes
^ ^ Hmmm ... Google says some: Chemin Ste. Anne ( = St Anne's Rd ) :)
Banned
May 7, 2007
13912 posts
5710 upvotes
^ ^ ... I guess would look something like that ... and that's not far from my place by the way: (looks like Postal Code's letters ... and Winnipeg (Manitoba) are still written in English (letters), lol)

Nos coordonnées. 1095 chemin Sainte-Anne, Winnipeg (Manitoba) R2N 4G5. Téléphone : 204 256-2831.
Deal Addict
May 26, 2010
1798 posts
1184 upvotes
Eastern Canada
Darkman wrote: ^ ^ ... I guess would look something like that ... and that's not far from my place by the way: (looks like Postal Code's letters ... and Winnipeg (Manitoba) are still written in English (letters), lol)

Nos coordonnées. 1095 chemin Sainte-Anne, Winnipeg (Manitoba) R2N 4G5. Téléphone : 204 256-2831.
If it work before with your name, there's no harm of trying with your name again, report back to us
Last edited by fonzy35 on May 12th, 2018 9:19 am, edited 3 times in total.
. . . .
Be Nice...
. . . .
Deal Addict
May 26, 2010
1798 posts
1184 upvotes
Eastern Canada
Darkman wrote: When you say "address in french" -- how is that?

If I live in French area of Winnipeg (where some street signs names say in french as well as in English)... XXXX St Anne's Rd, Winnipeg MB ... postal code (mixture of English letters and numbers) ... --- How would you write specifically "St Anne's Rd, Winnipeg MB ... postal code[/b] (mixture of English letters and numbers)" all in french?

I still want the card to arrive to my mail box and not get lost. :)
I don't know how many different ways i got to explain about how i did it.. I'm running out of ideals..lol
Last edited by fonzy35 on May 12th, 2018 9:21 am, edited 4 times in total.
. . . .
Be Nice...
. . . .
Deal Addict
May 26, 2010
1798 posts
1184 upvotes
Eastern Canada
Darkman wrote: When you say "address in french" -- how is that?
Exemple:
City: Saint Stephen vs st Steven
Rue, Chemin vs Street
Kanada vs Canada lol(j/k)
. . . .
Be Nice...
. . . .
Banned
May 7, 2007
13912 posts
5710 upvotes
Please refresh my memory:

- one can only activate the account after physically receiving the card? ..or can also do so before receiving the card?

-- one can convert and transfer from their wallet...from US to CAN money only after activating the card? ...or one can also do that before activating the card?
Deal Addict
May 26, 2010
1798 posts
1184 upvotes
Eastern Canada
Update.
I have been loading the card with the app, all cad money
Today , I withdrew 500 ..
Got 89 something left over. Will probably us it for shopping grocery.

No update from Swagbucks
. . . .
Be Nice...
. . . .
Deal Guru
Apr 10, 2011
12742 posts
25705 upvotes
Montreal
Darkman wrote: Please refresh my memory:

- one can only activate the account after physically receiving the card? ..or can also do so before receiving the card?

-- one can convert and transfer from their wallet...from US to CAN money only after activating the card? ...or one can also do that before activating the card?
- IIRC, after.

-- Don't remember (over a month ago).

Maybe someone who just done it could reply?
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2007
2508 posts
1109 upvotes
Scarborough

You can load funds before receiving the card.
Tangerine
Simplii
Freedom Mobile
Banned
May 7, 2007
13912 posts
5710 upvotes
supremekai wrote: You can load funds before receiving the card.
I didn't ask that ... lol ... What you said -- I know :)

Read again what I wrote / asked.
Deal Addict
May 26, 2010
1798 posts
1184 upvotes
Eastern Canada

you got to activate the account online, after clicking the promo link, otherwise you won't be able to load the initial load($100...)
then you activate the card when you received it by mail, by calling in the number on the cards,they will activate your card.
They asked for the email that you register the account online when you loaded the first ignitial ($100)
your name, address, birth.etc, you know the usual stuff,
after you go online to reveal your PIN.
thats it,
And yes you can convert the us money to cad online after you got your card by mail after it was activated with the phone number on the card.
wait 24-48 hours before getting your us converted money, let it settle in first, otherwise you will get flag and get your card locked out..
you will have to send in photo id, to get your cards unlocked..

it's been discussed 1,000,000,001 time lol
. . . .
Be Nice...
. . . .
Banned
May 7, 2007
13912 posts
5710 upvotes
fonzy35 wrote: Update.
I have been loading the card with the app, all cad money
Today , I withdrew 500 ..
Got 89 something left over. Will probably us it for shopping grocery.

No update from Swagbucks
Why did you end up with 89 dollars only? ..vs ending up over 100 dollars or something similar?

Ps...
Not 100% sure now...but I think you withdraw multiple of 20 dollars from atm also.

Example: 20 / 40 / 60 / 80

Then you'd be left with 9 dollars ...vs 89 dollars.
Deal Addict
May 26, 2010
1798 posts
1184 upvotes
Eastern Canada
Darkman wrote: Why did you end up with 89 dollars only? ..vs ending up over 100 dollars or something similar?

Ps...
Not 100% sure now...but I think you withdraw multiple of 20 dollars from atm also.

Example: 20 / 40 / 60 / 80

Then you'd be left with 9 dollars ...vs 89 dollars.
That's because i bought something at the store, last week or was it the week before..
You got to remember guys, even those that are still waiting, "Cibc want to know if we'll used the visa card, before giving the $50" promo ..
That's what GCR told me in one of their e-mail, when the $40. was missing in my GCR account..
Some were lucky and got the $40-$50 in a few days from GCR, Dropbox or Swagbuck.
Last edited by fonzy35 on May 15th, 2018 11:12 am, edited 3 times in total.
. . . .
Be Nice...
. . . .
Jul 20, 2015
380 posts
387 upvotes
Halifax, NS
fonzy35 wrote: That's because i bought something at the store, last week.
You got to remember guys, even those that are still waiting, "Cibc want to know if we'll used the visa card, before giving the $50" promo ..
That's what GCR told me in one of their e-mail, when the $40. was missing in my GCR account..
Some where lucky and got the $40 in a few days from GCR, Dropbox or Swagbuck.

I got a question for you Darkman: Why so many question since you did it before with Sambucks or was it dropbox promo?
Just for your information, I never used my AC Visa card and still got credited the 5000 swagbucks when I contacted support.
After I got approved I immediately withdrew the money from a CIBC ATM.
Deal Addict
May 26, 2010
1798 posts
1184 upvotes
Eastern Canada
divetus wrote: Just for your information, I never used my AC Visa card and still got credited the 5000 swagbucks when I contacted support.
After I got approved I immediately withdrew the money from a CIBC ATM.
It's in the post above "Some were lucky and got the $40 in a few days from GCR, Dropbox or Swagbuck"

edited, it took you more then a couples days to get paid, more then a month right?
Last edited by fonzy35 on May 15th, 2018 11:21 am, edited 2 times in total.
. . . .
Be Nice...
. . . .

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)