Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

[Swagbucks and Drop] CIBC Air Canada AC Conversion Visa Prepaid Card - Get a reward valued at $50-$65

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 28th, 2020 11:09 am
Deal Addict
May 26, 2010
1798 posts
1184 upvotes
Eastern Canada
Darkman wrote: Refresh my memory ... -- Did you get your points / money from Swagbucks deal in form of Amazon e-gift card codes ... or did you take the points to your PayPal somehow (would be via Cash)?
Yep, it was $50 paypal with swagbucks
. . . .
Be Nice...
. . . .
Deal Addict
May 26, 2010
1798 posts
1184 upvotes
Eastern Canada
Darkman wrote: Can one sign up for Swagbucks deal right from the computer ... or sign up has to be through App only?
I did via computer with swagbucks
. . . .
Be Nice...
. . . .
Deal Guru
Apr 10, 2011
12746 posts
25710 upvotes
Montreal
Darkman wrote: (...) Okay ... I am done with CIBC AC Conversion card deal(s), lol Did it already with GCR (original $40 offer) ... with Drop (50,000 = 50 worth) ... and was going to try do it with Swagbucks ... BUT ... using my mother's name and her address ... And nope ... - no go :(

Same as when I attempted with Drop (to use her name, before just doing drop with my name again (after doing GCR offer) -- When send it to Equafax / credit file check ... it again says for my mother: "Unfortunately, we were not able to validate your identity. Please try again and ensure that your name, date of birth and address match the information that is on your credit file" She basically has no credit file built up according to the check ... which very well could be the case.

So I am done with this deal ... cuz I don't want to risk / gamble doing it the 3rd time (with Swagbucks this time) using my own name / my own address etc .. for the 3rd time. Not worth the risk and hassle.
If you rely on the CIBC AC Conversion card application message “Equifax / credit file check” to determine if your mom has “no credit file built”, basically you don’t know because the slightest spelling difference in the name or address or in the birth date on the Equifax credit file will trigger the "Unfortunately, we were not able to validate your identity. Please try again and ensure that your name, date of birth and address match the information that is on your credit file" message on the CIBC AC Conversion card electronic application form.

Instead, if you want to know for sure, ask directly Equifax for your mom's free credit report by mail.

Then you would know for sure if indeed she has a credit file at Equifax or not.

Then you could do the Swagbucks offer with confidence knowing that the risk of hassle is reduced to a minimum since you would know for sure that the information you supply to the CIBC AC Conversion card electronic application form is exactly as it appears on the Equifax report.

CIBC does NOT look for a credit history; they only validate the name, address and birth date.

With the reward, you could take your mom to a nice lunch.

But I understand if you decide it’s not worth the hassle. Treat your mom to a nice lunch anyway. :)
Last edited by Temporel on Jul 9th, 2018 12:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Banned
May 7, 2007
13912 posts
5710 upvotes
Temporel wrote: If you rely on the CIBC AC Conversion card application message “Equifax / credit file check” to determine if your mom has “no credit file built”, basically you don’t know because the slightest spelling difference in the name or address or in the birth date on the Equifax credit file will trigger the "Unfortunately, we were not able to validate your identity. Please try again and ensure that your name, date of birth and address match the information that is on your credit file" message on the CIBC AC Conversion card application electronic form.

Instead, if you want to know for sure, ask directly Equifax for your mom's free credit report by mail.

Then you would know for sure if indeed she has a credit file at Equifax or not.

Then you could do the Swagbucks offer with confidence knowing that the risk of hassle is reduced to a minimum since you would know for sure that the information you supply to the CIBC AC Conversion card application electronic form is exactly as it appears on the Equifax report.

Swagbucks does NOT look for a credit history; they only validate the name, address and birth date.

With the reward, you could take your mom to a nice lunch.

But I understand if you decide it’s not worth the hassle. Treat your mom to a nice lunch anyway. :)
I guess she would need to ask them ... or give me permission to talk to them while on the phone with them?

How exactly to ask them to send that Free credit report for my mother by mail?

I probably won't bother with it anyhow ...not worth the hassle .. and then worrying Swagbucks may not "pay up" for one reason or another ... ( as in some glitch ... or My mother's name not being the name on Swagbucks account of mine etc etc) :)
Deal Guru
Apr 10, 2011
12746 posts
25710 upvotes
Montreal
1-800-465-7166 Example (not real numbers): press 3, press one, press 4, etc. Enter SIN, enter phone, postal code etc.
It's easy. No human intervention. It's all automatic and fast; about 2 business days.

You actually might do her a service because one day, she might need to buy or subscribe to something that requires a credit check.
To get a cell phone or rent a car or lease an apartment or something. To get a promotion on something; you never know...

https://www.consumer.equifax.ca/persona ... it-report/

:twisted: I know deep inside you want to do it; :twisted: to see if you can score 3 times... :twisted: You would not have written about it so extensively if it wasn't the case. :twisted:
Banned
May 7, 2007
13912 posts
5710 upvotes
My mother's home phone and cell phone are in my name ... :)

Bills for those come in my name ... I am an account holder for those.

Maybe that has something to do with it ... that her phone number provided to AC Conversion card people is not in her name ...
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2017
2656 posts
1738 upvotes
Burnaby
Was thinking of activating this offer with SB but gonna wait for Drop instead

SB's loss for "dropping" the offer to 4500 SB
Deal Guru
Apr 10, 2011
12746 posts
25710 upvotes
Montreal
Darkman wrote: My mother's home phone and cell phone are in my name ... :) Bills for those come in my name ... I am an account holder for those. Maybe that has something to do with it ... that her phone number provided to AC Conversion card people is not in her name ...
If your mom ever rented an apartment that the landlord would have made a credit check, opened a utility account like Hydro or cable, open a bank chequing account, applied for bank overdraft protection, got renter's insurance, applied for a store credit card or purchase some furniture or appliances "in XX equal payments" and gave her (yours actually) phone number, that's the phone number on her Equifax file.

Now, if she never did any of those, she might not have any credit file at all; like she doesn't exist. You would need another person's name; one that "exists", that has a history.

Or you could try again in your name. It seems they don't really check anyway. Maybe they are too busy. It's vacation time...
The worst that can happen is you get denied and refunded.

If you go ahead, please post back. It's always interesting to read you. :)
Apr 9, 2015
544 posts
577 upvotes
Ontario
Got the 4500 sb on my hubby’s account, and the 450 sb on my account by referring him. Redeem $50+5 Amazon gc on his account, and $5 on mine. This is the 3rd successful attempt without having to contact swagbucks.
For those who are hesitant about doing this offer, don’t. Just make sure you clear browser cache+disable Adblock first. If you want to be really safe, download IE and do it from there :)
Deal Guru
Apr 10, 2011
12746 posts
25710 upvotes
Montreal
c229chen wrote: Got the 4500 sb on my hubby’s account, and the 450 sb on my account by referring him. Redeem $50+5 Amazon gc on his account, and $5 on mine. This is the 3rd successful attempt without having to contact swagbucks. For those who are hesitant about doing this offer, don’t. Just make sure you clear browser cache+disable Adblock first. If you want to be really safe, download IE and do it from there :)
Thanks for posting as I think people who had no problem with this offer tend NOT to post contrary to people who DID have problems who are more likely to do so. I'm sure this has the effect of turning away many from a reward valued at $50-$65.

By "This is the 3rd successful attempt", you mean you did it 3 times (you, your husband and a third person) with Swagbucks without problem, right?

Anyone else who plans to do this offer, please read the Updated Post #1 if you want things to go smoothly. :)
Last edited by Temporel on Jul 9th, 2018 2:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Apr 9, 2015
544 posts
577 upvotes
Ontario
Temporel wrote: Thanks for posting as I think people who had no problem with this offer tend NOT to post contrary to people who DID have problems who are more likely to do so. I'm sure this has the effect of turning away many from a reward valued at $50-$65.

By "This is the 3rd successful attempt", you mean you did it 3 times (you, your husband and a third person) with Swagbucks without problem, right?

Anyone else who plans to do this offer, please read post #1 if you want things to go smoothly. :)
The 3 accounts are under me, my dad and my hubby respectively. I opened the 2nd account for my dad after I received 5000 sb on my 1st account, just to be sure the rewards materialize. Then after my hubby came back from vacation, opened the 3rd one for him too. So basically I opened one after another in a span of 3 months, received all rewards without a problem.
From my experience I’d say the rewards are processed in batch once a month. So don’t panic when you don’t see anything after 3 weeks.
May 13, 2012
54 posts
21 upvotes
Quick question, so if I load $102.78 CAD to the card, it says that it will load $600.00 HKD on their checkout page. Does it mean I can use $600 HKD in hong kong?

What I'm trying to say is, is that checkout page amount the amount that I will get after the conversion and their 2.5% fee?
Deal Guru
Apr 10, 2011
12746 posts
25710 upvotes
Montreal
jsw0302 wrote: Quick question, so if I load $102.78 CAD to the card, it says that it will load $600.00 HKD on their checkout page. Does it mean I can use $600 HKD in hong kong?

What I'm trying to say is, is that checkout page amount the amount that I will get after the conversion and their 2.5% fee?
Yes, the checkout page amount of $102.78 CAD is the amount that you will be charged (on another card) to load $600 HKD on the CIBC card. That's the total amount including the conversion and their 2.5% fee. Then you will have $600 HKD on your CIBC card that you could use anywhere in the World or on the Internet where Visa is accepted.
Last edited by Temporel on Jul 10th, 2018 3:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
May 13, 2012
54 posts
21 upvotes
Temporel wrote: You can't load $102.78 CAD on the CIBC card. You will be charged $102.78 CAD on another card you use to load 600 HKD on the CIBC card.

Then you will have $600 HKD on your CIBC card that you could use anywhere in the World or on the Internet where Visa is accepted.
Well yeah I know that transactions will be charged in CAD. Maybe my wording of "load" wasn't clear.

I wanted to know that 102.78 CAD -> 600 HKG is a final amount after all the fees.

Thanks!
Deal Guru
Apr 10, 2011
12746 posts
25710 upvotes
Montreal
jsw0302 wrote: (...) I wanted to know that 102.78 CAD -> 600 HKG is a final amount after all the fees. Thanks!
Yes it is a final amount.

How was your experience getting the card and getting your reward?
May 13, 2012
54 posts
21 upvotes
Temporel wrote:
Yes it is a final amount.

How was your experience getting the card and getting your reward?
Well I saw this offer last year with the Drop app and GCR but couldn't go through the identity check phase. But I need HKD soon so I decided to give it an another try and altered my address a little (changed VW to View) and it worked! Although I'm pretty sure I tried this a year ago, it worked this time somehow.

I never used swagbucks before but drop has been working without a hitch for me. I did few other promotions in this app before and all came through. Also I was able to get amazon gift card just fine from points.
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2010
1048 posts
784 upvotes
I'm having a lot of problems with swagbucks.

It passed the 32 business days with no points posted so I filed a ticket. I keep getting what seems to be system generated emails saying if it wasn't tracked there's nothing we can do.
All I can do is keep replying and hope a real persons looks into it. If anyone has any pointers or a direct email that would be great.
Deal Guru
Apr 10, 2011
12746 posts
25710 upvotes
Montreal
chaugh wrote: I'm having a lot of problems with swagbucks.

It passed the 32 business days with no points posted so I filed a ticket. I keep getting what seems to be system generated emails saying if it wasn't tracked there's nothing we can do.
All I can do is keep replying and hope a real persons looks into it. If anyone has any pointers or a direct email that would be great.
Did you emailed info@acconvertion.com ?
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2010
1048 posts
784 upvotes
just did. they told me to deal with swagbucks itself lol.
I'll keep fighting with SB just on principle, but I am not expecting anything.
Deal Guru
Apr 10, 2011
12746 posts
25710 upvotes
Montreal
chaugh wrote: just did. they told me to deal with swagbucks itself lol.
I'll keep fighting with SB just on principle, but I am not expecting anything.
Yes, my mistake, of course CIBC has nothing to do with a transaction not tracked. Sorry! :facepalm:

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)