• Feb 27th, 2018 9:13 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2016
1242 posts
333 upvotes
Vaughan

Swimming Pools without time slots

Where can I take my son swimming without fixed time slots? i find the schedules of public swimming pools far too inconvenient as it is only open for 2 or 3 times a week and for only about 2 hours. During that time, it's normally packed! i grew up in Vienna, Austria and public pools are open all day (i.e. 9 to 6 or later) and you can drop by anytime to swim. Hoping to find a pool like that in the GTA even if it's costs a bit more . Only thing close that I've found are condo pools (where you need to know a friend) or waterparks (which are normally further away).
6 replies
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2016
1242 posts
333 upvotes
Vaughan
jvnanu wrote: What about a gym?
gym is another option but normally children aren't allowed. and it's membership based instead of pay per use.
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2007
1801 posts
221 upvotes
Mississauga
Sometimes hotels in the neighborhood with pools have open times to the public where you can buy a guest pass
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2007
1801 posts
221 upvotes
Mississauga
Yeah lifetime fitness has all day pool time but it's membership based. The facilities are pretty cool though and lots of stuff for kids.

The YMCA also have similar types of offerings.

Not sure of your area, in Mississauga there are a some private swim clubs that offer more access, but mostly outdoor pools.

I find the outdoor pools in general, ( even public pools) have better hours, similar to your experience in Vienna.
Deal Addict
Jan 16, 2007
1001 posts
274 upvotes
Toronto
I think you can find outdoor public pools that will be open all day during the summer break. None of the indoor public pools will do this. Kids and parents are at school/work all day when not summer,
Deal Addict
Sep 15, 2003
2254 posts
289 upvotes
I'm not sure where you live OP but the North York YMCA (Bayview & Sheppard) has free swim and lane swim all day every day. I'm not sure if every Y operates like that or not.