1419 upvotes
GTA
dang $25! what time does Costco close?
Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2002
2483 posts
422 upvotes
Burlington
Decent if you can stack 2 Royale $10 cards.
Not your standard VoIP. Different and novel options & advice for my RFD friends.
Jan 27, 2015
273 posts
355 upvotes
King City, ON
Casper wrote:
Sep 7th, 2019 6:57 pm
Decent if you can stack 2 Royale $10 cards.
But only the Royale with Cheese ones...
Deal Addict
May 25, 2011
1971 posts
1582 upvotes
SAINT JOHN
Loblaws rotisserie whole chicken is 2 for $25 ($15 single). Bought 2 yesterday. I guess if comparing this to the Swiss chalet package you get the extra sides and condiments.
...Location: GTA North

If this post has helped you please click the 'THANKS' button.

GTA Grocery Highlights (updated weekly) thread

[WTB] Looking for a Netbook for $150 or under (~$100). Please let me know if you have one for sale. Willing to part trade stuff or labour.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 1, 2006
5842 posts
3817 upvotes
Toronto
leovee1 wrote:
Sep 7th, 2019 6:32 pm
Swiss Chalet Family Pak
Regular $29.99
Sale $25.00 (limited time offer)

Whole Rotisserie Chicken
+Four sides
+Four Rolls
+ 12oz Chalet Dipping Sauce
Discount is not that attractive... wallet is safe, as well as Tweety bird's friends and family
I swear to drunk I'm not God 😝
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2004
12278 posts
2819 upvotes
RFD
I really don't know how Swiss Chalet manages to stay alive and hasn't closed yet.
Jan 27, 2017
69 posts
22 upvotes
radeonboy wrote:
Sep 11th, 2019 3:52 pm
I really don't know how Swiss Chalet manages to stay alive and hasn't closed yet.
Because their chicken is larger and tastes better than Costco’s, Superstore’s etc.

You get what you pay for in this world.

Even at $29.99 it’s already discounted so $25 is truly a great deal!

Those who have not had it, try it instead of doing an armchair comparison to Costco and other deli places.
Otherwise you are like dissing deals from Boston Pizza, Papa John’s, Domino’s, Pizza Pizza and favouring the cheapest pizza inside the grocery store (Delisio or Kraft).
Aug 17, 2018
397 posts
244 upvotes
2 apps for $7 with this deal and its good for two people :) or 3 light eaters.
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2004
12278 posts
2819 upvotes
RFD
smartcdn2 wrote:
Sep 11th, 2019 4:49 pm
Because their chicken is larger and tastes better than Costco’s, Superstore’s etc.

You get what you pay for in this world.

Even at $29.99 it’s already discounted so $25 is truly a great deal!

Those who have not had it, try it instead of doing an armchair comparison to Costco and other deli places.
Otherwise you are like dissing deals from Boston Pizza, Papa John’s, Domino’s, Pizza Pizza and favouring the cheapest pizza inside the grocery store (Delisio or Kraft).
Believe me I've tried their chicken and many other items they sell in years past, some with gift cards and coupons, but I've stopped going to them over the years because the quality has gone down, prices have gone up, and I'm tired of the soggy fries, and cold dining orders. Now it's overpriced for what you get. In all honesty their chicken is not world levels above Costco, Walmart, and others.

And me saying this does not diss domino's and others, I frequently order domino's because I love their pan pizzas.
Feb 10, 2014
601 posts
445 upvotes
Toronto
Swiss does taste better then Costco, even if you get the make it yourself Chalet sauce from the grocery stores and have it with the Costco chicken. However, Swiss chickens are smaller.

If you try to make it apples to apples as best as you can, that is buying the sauce, fries and rolls with Costco, you will probably get to 15-16 bucks compared to the 25.00. The difference is less at that point, but there.
Aug 28, 2004
127 posts
120 upvotes
You’re paying for the fully prepared meal and convenience . I appreciate that SC now uses a cardboard package for their fries so they get less soggy on trip home.

Good deal of you’re using a discounted Cara gift card.

The Costco one is tasty until it’s cold and ou realize how pumped full of grease it is.