Expired Hot Deals

[Swiss Chalet] Swiss Chalet 2 can dine $16.99 lunch special w/unlimited soft drinks. M-F. Select locations.

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 8th, 2019 4:23 pm
[OP]
Deal Expert
Apr 16, 2002
22047 posts
25707 upvotes
Toronto

[Swiss Chalet] Swiss Chalet 2 can dine $16.99 lunch special w/unlimited soft drinks. M-F. Select locations.

Spotted at 362 Yonge St location in Toronto

Also, yes we all know by now that Costco, grocery store, etc is cheaper. Always funny how many people feel compelled to compare that to a sit-down restaurant experience.

Mon-Fri. 11AM-4PM. Dine-in only. White meat add $1.80/entree

Also 200 bonus Scene points if you spend $30 or more there
Images
  • IMG_20191018_182926.jpg
"I felt a great disturbance at KFC as if millions of chickens suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced." RFD user stephroll
18 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 14, 2001
4483 posts
2721 upvotes
Yesva Scotia
Just get the rottiserie chicken at Costco, some Fries and Drinks at the Cafeteria. ;-)
😱
Deal Guru
Jan 12, 2017
14851 posts
4245 upvotes
Scarberia
b0ne wrote: Just get the rottiserie chicken at Costco, some Fries and Drinks at the Cafeteria. ;-)
some peeps don't live close by to a costco or have membership! this can be more convenient if its all SC locations
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Jul 29, 2007
118 posts
120 upvotes
mikka2017 wrote: some peeps don't live close by to a costco or have membership! this can be more convenient if its all SC locations
I think he was just joking, hence the ;-) at the end....
Deal Addict
Jun 6, 2015
1679 posts
1344 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
sprung wrote: Spotted at 362 Yonge St location in Toronto

Also, yes we all know by now that Costco, grocery store, etc is cheaper. Always funny how many people feel compelled to compare that to a sit-down restaurant experience.

Mon-Fri. 11AM-4PM. Dine-in only. White meat add $1.80/entree

Also 200 bonus Scene points if you spend $30 or more there
It's because the taste of Costco rotisserie tastes objectively better than Swiss Chalet's, and you don't even have to cook, just buy and go home.
And you know where has even better rotisserie than Costco? Longo's, just don't buy the mammoth chicken.
Deal Addict
Aug 14, 2001
4483 posts
2721 upvotes
Yesva Scotia
I was looking at street view and google saw the window signs back in June. Likely a local deal.
😱
Jul 2, 2009
100 posts
91 upvotes
Toronto
Anyone know if its at the 700 University location as well?
Deal Fanatic
Nov 20, 2003
6662 posts
3021 upvotes
Moncton, NB
I hope we have this at the Moncton location. I might call later to check. We want to use the $10 card from the Royale promo. And we love Swiss Chalet :)
Deal Addict
Mar 9, 2011
1558 posts
3409 upvotes
Does anyone know if there is a list of locations that we can see in advance?
Deal Fanatic
Jun 29, 2010
9555 posts
3822 upvotes
Toronto
chevyz07 wrote: It's because the taste of Costco rotisserie tastes objectively better than Swiss Chalet's, and you don't even have to cook, just buy and go home.
And you know where has even better rotisserie than Costco? Longo's, just don't buy the mammoth chicken.
can we stop with the grocery/ Costco chicken nonsense (which is nasty btw...since it was brought up i can get a few digs in) in a restaurant chicken thread?
Good, better, best. Never let it rest. 'Til your good is better and your better is best.
Deal Addict
Jun 6, 2015
1679 posts
1344 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
ShoNuff2 wrote: can we stop with the grocery/ Costco chicken nonsense (which is nasty btw...since it was brought up i can get a few digs in) in a restaurant chicken thread?
Don't think it will ever stop because there are enough people who dislike the taste of Swiss Chalet
Deal Fanatic
Mar 17, 2006
6884 posts
5797 upvotes
Burlington
b0ne wrote: Just get the rottiserie chicken at Costco, some Fries and Drinks at the Cafeteria. ;-)
i did this last time for my lunch at work, my life has changed.
People stopped calling me by name, it has been "the costco chicken guy". Even interns, summer students know me as "the costco chicken guy".
So often, co workers ask me what's on sale at costco, what samples costco are giving today. My bosses ask me to do their costco groceries. costco employees see me frequently enough they call me "the lunch guy", the ones who check receipts don't even want to look at my receipt anymore, they just waved me through.

Trust me, i feel like a VIP, at work and costco.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
27311 posts
13016 upvotes
sprung wrote: Swiss Chalet 1/2 can dine $16.99
Fixed your title for you OP
ShoNuff2 wrote: can we stop with the grocery/ Costco chicken nonsense (which is nasty btw...since it was brought up i can get a few digs in) in a restaurant chicken thread?
I'm not sure what I want less:
-Phosphates
-SEVERELY overcooked
Deal Fanatic
Jun 29, 2010
9555 posts
3822 upvotes
Toronto
death_hawk wrote: Fixed your title for you OP

I'm not sure what I want less:
-Phosphates
-SEVERELY overcooked
phosphate is just the start. i'm still baffled by the appearance of carrageenan. why they're injecting that fake ice cream chemical into their ultra bizarre textured bird is beyond me.
SC white meat is definitely an overcooked nightmare...as it is at most places which is why i tend to avoid it whenever possible. dark meat was hit or miss when i used to have it back in the day. i haven't tried it for a few years but i do admit their sauce has a certain addictive quality to it.
Good, better, best. Never let it rest. 'Til your good is better and your better is best.
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2006
1610 posts
855 upvotes
CaptainSnake wrote: Anyone know if its at the 700 University location as well?
gotta use my GC in 2 weeks.. hoping it works here
Deal Addict
Jan 7, 2005
4032 posts
297 upvotes
I saw this on the window on yonge st as well and ignored it thinking $16.99 is the new regular price for 1/4 chicken dinner. Just gimme the rolls and sauce and I am happy haha
Ephemera

Member since 2005.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
27311 posts
13016 upvotes
ShoNuff2 wrote: phosphate is just the start. i'm still baffled by the appearance of carrageenan. why they're injecting that fake ice cream chemical into their ultra bizarre textured bird is beyond me.
They have carrageenan? That's news to me... (Not in the condescending way, that's actually news to me) I wonder why? That's basically a thickener.
SC white meat is definitely an overcooked nightmare...as it is at most places which is why i tend to avoid it whenever possible. dark meat was hit or miss when i used to have it back in the day.
Even their dark is a disaster. I've been to a dozen locations in various places and I've never had not dry chicken.
i haven't tried it for a few years but i do admit their sauce has a certain addictive quality to it.
Taste is obviously subjective, but I personally hate the sauce which is why I never judge the place based on the sauce. It's always the chicken and usually whatever else they try to make stick.
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2007
2415 posts
1192 upvotes
Vancouver
Great more stuff to eat
Deal Fanatic
Apr 25, 2006
6458 posts
1362 upvotes
Only the unemployed, self employed, wealthy, retired and those who work close to Swiss can get this deal :(

I am none of the above.
"If you make a mistake but then change your ways, it is like never having made a mistake at all" - Confucius