Expired Hot Deals

[Swiss Chalet] Swiss Chalet festive special returns, now includes $10 Chalet Cash voucher. Also BOGO 591ml Pepsi products

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 19th, 2020 7:34 pm
[OP]
Deal Expert
Apr 16, 2002
22172 posts
26070 upvotes
Toronto

[Swiss Chalet] Swiss Chalet festive special returns, now includes $10 Chalet Cash voucher. Also BOGO 591ml Pepsi products

Last edited by sprung on Nov 3rd, 2020 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I felt a great disturbance at KFC as if millions of chickens suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced." RFD user stephroll
45 replies
Deal Fanatic
Sep 23, 2009
5077 posts
2259 upvotes
$13.99 for quarter chicken dinner in Toronto.

If you add on a drink from when you order the dinner, one is $1.50 if you order separately, it is $1.99 for BOGO.

Cheaper if you buy in a grocery or drug store yourself, but BOGO isn't true ....
Deal Addict
Apr 13, 2004
3506 posts
65 upvotes
Bowmanville
What exactly are these chalet cash vouchers? I assume they provide a discount on a future order but I wonder what the restrictions are.
May 26, 2013
135 posts
165 upvotes
MISSISSAUGA
the quality of the festive specials has dropped over the years, i find swiss chalet to be barely above fast food at this point. most of the take out chickens at grocery stores are a better value (and quality). $8 x 2 for 2 whole chickens, and another $10 for a good premade salad ... $5 mccain super fries and you're good to feed 4-6 people for half the price, with leftovers, and better quality if you're doing takeout.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 20, 2018
5234 posts
4277 upvotes
nice! i just have a soft spot for festive special with the stuffing and cranberry sauce, don't care much for the chocolate ever since they switched to lindor
Aug 13, 2020
284 posts
915 upvotes
Swiss chalet is garbage now. The deals are laughable too
Deal Fanatic
Dec 20, 2018
5234 posts
4277 upvotes
Mlj223 wrote: Swiss chalet is garbage now. The deals are laughable too
I don't think they've changed much for their core food, just there's lot more choices now and people are open to trying new things a lot more than before. SC is comfort food at cheapest price for a sit down restaurant especially for families with kids. Yes there's complaints about smaller chicken (I don't see it today and worked at SC as a student back in the day) and going to a grocery store but it's not reasonable to compare going to a grocery store and eating at home vs a sit down restaurant
Deal Fanatic
Jul 10, 2003
7655 posts
3006 upvotes
renoldman wrote: $13.99 for quarter chicken dinner in Toronto.

If you add on a drink from when you order the dinner, one is $1.50 if you order separately, it is $1.99 for BOGO.

Cheaper if you buy in a grocery or drug store yourself, but BOGO isn't true ....
Breaking news! The grocery store is cheaper than a restaurant.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 23, 2009
5077 posts
2259 upvotes
LNahid2000 wrote: Breaking news! The grocery store is cheaper than a restaurant.
I know man.

Next up: water is wet. Fascinating Footage during 11pm nightly news.
Aug 26, 2010
965 posts
256 upvotes
Brampton
Mlj223 wrote: Swiss chalet is garbage now. The deals are laughable too
I had this opinion for many years. Then I tried it again last year and noticed the fries are no longer soggy, they are actually pretty crisp even in takeout. ordering White meat quarter chicken was a reasonable portion size. The multigrain bun wasn't rock hard and more soft.
Nov 11, 2010
133 posts
127 upvotes
GTA/Niagara
Haven't they included a voucher the last few years? seem to recall some coupon attached to the lindor package. (maybe it was a BOGO or something, can't remember I never use them lol)
Apr 14, 2019
805 posts
721 upvotes
dbcanuck wrote: the quality of the festive specials has dropped over the years, i find swiss chalet to be barely above fast food at this point. most of the take out chickens at grocery stores are a better value (and quality). $8 x 2 for 2 whole chickens, and another $10 for a good premade salad ... $5 mccain super fries and you're good to feed 4-6 people for half the price, with leftovers, and better quality if you're doing takeout.
I agree, a cheap chicken and sides (bought or homemade) is better than swiss chalet's bundle, akthough the last whole chicken I got from swiss was surprisingly big, though in general a costco chicken is at least 1.5 to 2x their size,
Deal Addict
May 30, 2010
1654 posts
1079 upvotes
LNahid2000 wrote: Breaking news! The grocery store is cheaper than a restaurant.
renoldman wrote: I know man.

Next up: water is wet. Fascinating Footage during 11pm nightly news.
Every restaurant deal thread devolve to this. Make it at home, it's cheaper. Why you feed your body that? It's not healthy. Look at the environment, it's not sustainable. yadi yadi ya.

Everyone on the peanut gallery has something to say other than, is is a good deal or not for that restaurant, or compared to another restaurant.

This is a good deal, because of the $10 cash voucher. Otherwise, it's just OK, if you consider that regular price is what $12.99, and for a buck, you get stuffing/ cranberry sauce and chocolate.

Swiss chalet hits the spot once in a while. It doesn't beat St. Hubert, but last time we were in Quebec, the differences are getting to be far and few in between.
Deal Addict
Mar 27, 2003
3410 posts
176 upvotes
What's the fine print on the Chalet Bucks? Use in January? Minimum order..
The RFD Doctrine
Toronto : Anywhere west of Montreal and east of Calgary.
Scarborough: Anywhere becomes Scarborough if it's a thread about crime.
Google: RFD is faster than Google. Make a thread if you need to find out what bus to take.
Deal Guru
Sep 1, 2005
13378 posts
8054 upvotes
Markham
If anyone has detailed info on the $10 cash voucher, that would help.
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Jan 18, 2016
672 posts
712 upvotes
Waterloo
gr8dlr wrote: If anyone has detailed info on the $10 cash voucher, that would help.
Yes that would be more helpful than useless comment on the deal. Its like discussing should we drink Coke.. like there are million videos trying to prove coke is so bad for health and even after watching them I pickup a box of it every month. So I am done with your advice.. tell me the deal now Smiling Face With Horns if I can eat Big Mac for $1 instead of my planned stir vegetable lunch yesterday I am so ready for Swiss chalet tonight.
Deal Addict
May 30, 2010
1654 posts
1079 upvotes
Dbatman wrote: Swiss chalet is St. Hubert
Thanks for the info, cptn obvious. And you can be forgiven for thinking that, but it's not entirely true. Both Swiss Chalet and St. Hubert BBQ are owned by the same company. Considering the historical context, it's more accurate to say that St. Hubert is Swiss Chalet, since Cara has owned SC for way longer than they have SH. I get it though, it's a sore spot for the "pure laine". N'est ce pas?
Last edited by Gr8irlbot on Nov 3rd, 2020 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2006
2515 posts
6178 upvotes
Canada
cjpark wrote: What exactly are these chalet cash vouchers? I assume they provide a discount on a future order but I wonder what the restrictions are.
Blunt wrote: What's the fine print on the Chalet Bucks? Use in January? Minimum order..
I was able to find out that the $10 Chalet Cash Voucher is redeemable from December 28, 2020 to February 7, 2021. Please refer to Voucher for full details. I am not sure what is the minimum spend to use the coupon.