Expired Hot Deals

[Swiss Chalet] Swiss Chalet festive special returns, now includes $10 Chalet Cash voucher. Also BOGO 591ml Pepsi products

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 19th, 2020 7:34 pm
Jan 6, 2013
270 posts
350 upvotes
Toronto
shoppingguy wrote: I was able to find out that the $10 Chalet Cash Voucher is redeemable from December 28, 2020 to February 7, 2021. Please refer to Voucher for full details. I am not sure what is the minimum spend to use the coupon.
Thanks for the detail. Hopefully we can soon get full conditions. Personally any minimum over $10 would kill the deal for me.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 6, 2002
5966 posts
5036 upvotes
Vancouver
bionicbadger wrote: TIL: Swiss Chalet is still in business.
Barely in BC.. only 3 locations left. :(

Ron.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 1, 2002
9663 posts
6389 upvotes
Toronto
Voucher details, $10 off $40 dine in or take out, $10 off $45 delivery. One voucher per order.

Valid Dec 28 2020 - Feb 7 2021
Images
  • P_20201103_132851_vHDR_Auto.jpg
Last edited by Angultra on Nov 3rd, 2020 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
May 12, 2012
333 posts
186 upvotes
ETOBICOKE
my0gr81 wrote: Every restaurant deal thread devolve to this. Make it at home, it's cheaper. Why you feed your body that? It's not healthy. Look at the environment, it's not sustainable. yadi yadi ya.

Everyone on the peanut gallery has something to say other than, is is a good deal or not for that restaurant, or compared to another restaurant.

This is a good deal, because of the $10 cash voucher. Otherwise, it's just OK, if you consider that regular price is what $12.99, and for a buck, you get stuffing/ cranberry sauce and chocolate.

Swiss chalet hits the spot once in a while. It doesn't beat St. Hubert, but last time we were in Quebec, the differences are getting to be far and few in between.
Pissed me off when they closed the "Q" on queensway... their chicken and sauce was the same as st. hubert
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2006
3558 posts
316 upvotes
Richmond
Angultra wrote: Voucher details, $10 off $40 dine in or take out, $10 off $45 delivery. One voucher per order.

Thanks for this! The $40 minimum kills the deal.
Dec 16, 2012
36 posts
41 upvotes
BRAMPTON
essehh wrote: Pissed me off when they closed the "Q" on queensway... their chicken and sauce was the same as st. hubert
I used to go to the St. Hubert on Queensway and 427 for the all you can eat chicken, all you can eat fries, all you can eat coleslaw and all you can eat bread! It was a GREAT deal!
Deal Fanatic
Jul 10, 2003
7675 posts
3044 upvotes
Angultra wrote: Voucher details, $10 off $40 dine in or take out, $10 off $45 delivery. One voucher per order.

Wow, ice cold!
Deal Guru
Sep 1, 2005
13846 posts
8548 upvotes
Markham
M@rk wrote: Thanks for this! The $40 minimum kills the deal.
I will now forget about this "deal".... It's like save $10 if you spend $70. (The $40 is really $50++ because it's b4 all three other stuff it taxes, fees, grats).
Last edited by gr8dlr on Nov 3rd, 2020 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Deal Fanatic
Mar 31, 2017
6729 posts
2956 upvotes
anyone try their lays chips swiss chalet flavor yet?
Jul 20, 2017
962 posts
1125 upvotes
Yea just got it tonight, didn't check this thread first as the word "cash" in the email enticed me.

A $10 off $40 + / $45+ spend is not "cash".. Nor a voucher. It's very much a discount code. Even specifies you can't stack it with other codes.. Where as cash, very very different thing.

Gift cards / vouchers are supposed to be "cash equivalent" meaning anything you could pay cash for , they should work instead (EG: your standard most common 1/4 chicken dinner order you can pay cash, but not use this code). The main fair reason to use the word "voucher" instead of gift card is because legally gift cards have lots of consumer protection now, most importantly that they can't expire.. So yea i expected some expiration date on this due to the voucher wording, but not a horrible high $40 min spend.

Very Scam advertising . It would be one thing if the email/website explained this.. But to blatantly call it "cash" and only give you the facts after you paid, pretty shit.

That said, i love swiss chalet and $3 more for some tasty stuffing and chocolates is a fair deal. And there regular priced 1/4 chicken is always a good deal, esp with CAA 10% discount, and yea the 10% CAA does stack with the festive specials, but probably won't work with the fake "cash" code if you choose to use one in jan.

Family pack you get 4x of these codes.. Do they really expect a family to order 4 more family packs (or slightly more, ofcourse they set the min spend above the cost of the base family pack) in a month? At the very least they could of made that one of a $15 or $20 fake cash code.
Jul 20, 2017
962 posts
1125 upvotes
badOne wrote: anyone try their lays chips swiss chalet flavor yet?
Ya tried both chalet flavored lays, and the new chalet fries.

They are exactly as expected.. Lays with dry chalet sauce. I don't like plain lays and chalet sauce is good dry or not, but eh wasn't a fan.

The fries are nice, but I think there regular fries dipped in chalet sauce is perfect as is.. So having a bunch of dry chalet spice on em already it's kind of just a flavor overload. Worth a try if you want something different, but I wouldn't get again.
Jul 20, 2017
962 posts
1125 upvotes
gr8dlr wrote: I will now forget about this "deal".... It's like save $10 if you spend $70. (The $40 is really $50++ because it's b4 all three other stuff it taxes, fees, grats).
While the min $40 sucks.. One advantage of a discount code vs "cash" is discounts also discount the tax, so that doesn't really apply. -$10 discount in ontario = -$11.30 saved.

Swiss chalet also has no delivery fee directly, they just have a different higher priced menu for delivery. (Essentially a quarter chicken is $10.99 pickup, up $12.99 delivery, so just $2 delivery fee for that, good deal.. But ordering several items can result in quite a high fee.

Other than that, they don't do any scamming things with discount codes or overcharging taxes like uber eats / doordash.

So while the offer wording is scammy, it's not a horrible deal if you plan to order a family pack+ ($34 + $6 worth of upgrades) in jan anyways.
Deal Addict
Aug 27, 2009
4221 posts
2640 upvotes
essehh wrote: Pissed me off when they closed the "Q" on queensway... their chicken and sauce was the same as st. hubert
I used to love the grille in Queensway. open 24 hrs basically. huge portions. fair prices
Deal Addict
May 20, 2002
2044 posts
31 upvotes
Thanks for the warnings about Swiss Chalet's latest scam. The Festive Family Feast is more than 50% more expensive than the $29.99 Family Pack, but I was about to order it to get four $10 Chalet "Cash" :poop: Vouchers. Since most people would not have ordered more than $40-$45 between December 28 and February 7, the vouchers are useless. I cancelled the order. Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes
Eleventeen wrote: Very Scam advertising . It would be one thing if the email/website explained this.. But to blatantly call it "cash" and only give you the facts after you paid, pretty shit.
:
Do they really expect a family to order 4 more family packs (or slightly more, ofcourse they set the min spend above the cost of the base family pack) in a month? At the very least they could of made that one of a $15 or $20 fake cash code.
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2019
1558 posts
1701 upvotes

LOL Swiss Chalet. I used to love Swiss Chalet 3+ years ago. Stopped going since pre-COVID. The portions getting SMALLER. They give you less fries. Chicken smaller. Service is terrible.

$10 off $40 is such a terrible coupon. I'm assuming they won't even let you use CAA with it.

I'll feel sad when Swiss Chalet eventually hits the dust, was my favorite place to go back in univ.
Nov 16, 2006
940 posts
468 upvotes
Somewhere between Mi…
eBuddy wrote: Thanks for the warnings about Swiss Chalet's latest scam. The Festive Family Feast is more than 50% more expensive than the $29.99 Family Pack, but I was about to order it to get four $10 Chalet "Cash" :poop: Vouchers. Since most people would not have ordered more than $40-$45 between December 28 and February 7, the vouchers are useless. I cancelled the order. Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes
There is no $29.99 family pack. It's $33.99.
Apr 14, 2019
805 posts
721 upvotes
simplypop wrote: LOL Swiss Chalet. I used to love Swiss Chalet 3+ years ago. Stopped going since pre-COVID. The portions getting SMALLER. They give you less fries. Chicken smaller. Service is terrible.

$10 off $40 is such a terrible coupon. I'm assuming they won't even let you use CAA with it.

I'll feel sad when Swiss Chalet eventually hits the dust, was my favorite place to go back in univ.
I got a normal sized chicken for the first time in forever last feast I ordered. Therefore not gonna happen again. So Costco chicken it is! Or Walmart!
Deal Guru
Sep 1, 2005
13846 posts
8548 upvotes
Markham
simplypop wrote: LOL Swiss Chalet. I used to love Swiss Chalet 3+ years ago. Stopped going since pre-COVID. The portions getting SMALLER. They give you less fries. Chicken smaller. Service is terrible.

If Swiss Chalet were smart, they would jam in lots of fries on a plate or in a take out container as fries are relatively cheap and the perception of value goes way way up when ppl see full plates.
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Apr 14, 2019
805 posts
721 upvotes
gr8dlr wrote: If Swiss Chalet were smart, they would jam in lots of fries on a plate or in a take out container as fries are relatively cheap and the perception of value goes way way up when ppl see full plates.
That’s what they do, in restaurant at least, fries and sauce, delish,