Expired Hot Deals

Swiss Chalet

Locked: *walk-in special* 1/4 chicken meal + 591mL Pepsi + slice of pie $15.49 ymmv

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 4th, 2021 1:11 pm
[OP]
Banned
Dec 2, 2020
54 posts
182 upvotes
chimaican wrote: It isn't so much we hate it as it is no longer worth the price. Chickens have gotten smaller to the size of a pigeon meanwhile at the same time they've increased their prices.
Good. Go buy some at Hubert and shove it [...]
Last edited by Mars2012 on Aug 4th, 2021 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: rude
Deal Expert
Oct 23, 2008
16983 posts
14592 upvotes
GTA, ON
Smack777 wrote: Good. Go buy some at Hubert and shove it [...].
Watch your language newbie. Do you own stock with Swiss Chalet or something to be this offended by the facts?
Last edited by Mars2012 on Aug 4th, 2021 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: edit in quote
Tis banana is IRIE 😎

10% off is cold, 50% off is warm, 75% off is hot, but FREE IS RFD!
[OP]
Banned
Dec 2, 2020
54 posts
182 upvotes
chimaican wrote: Watch your language newbie. Do you own stock with Swiss Chalet or something to be this offended by the facts?
Nope. Just had good intentions and got dumped on so I figure to go out with a bang here on RFD by getting banned soon by swearing. No good deed goes unpunished so they say eh.

[...]
Last edited by Mars2012 on Aug 4th, 2021 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: rude
Feb 18, 2015
373 posts
1679 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Hey mods, can you just like... ban this dude? he not only posts a bad deal, but he is also now talking some next level trash here.
Deal Expert
Jan 15, 2006
19200 posts
19171 upvotes
Richmond Hill
rocking23nf wrote: its one of the best thats for sure, its gone up in price as well, a 3 piece with taters gravy and a drink will run you around 13-14$ now.

its like a million times better then KFC, i usually go to MB's or Popeyes when i want crispy chicken.
Don't forget Church's Chicken!!!
Deal Expert
Oct 23, 2008
16983 posts
14592 upvotes
GTA, ON
Smack777 wrote: Nope. Just had good intentions and got dumped on so I figure to go out with a bang here on RFD by getting banned soon by swearing. No good deed goes unpunished so they say eh.

[...]
Yeah, maybe you should go get yourself a good night's sleep.

I also answered your post in good faith. You simply stated that you're surprised why so many people hate Swiss Chalet, so I answered why with facts. I never called you names or such, or even personally attacked you, so I don't get what your issue is, and why in turn you personally attacked me.
Never said I’d prefer Chalet over Hubert you spazz. Yikes people really hate Swiss chalet. Well I had it this week and enjoyed it.
This is the nature of RFD when posting deals, and you got to accept that not everyone will find your deal to be a great deal. I've posted some in the past where I got praised, but I've also posted where I got sh!t on. No point being offended, deal with it.
Last edited by Mars2012 on Aug 4th, 2021 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: edit in quote
Tis banana is IRIE 😎

Deal Expert
Jun 20, 2020
16414 posts
21491 upvotes
Toronto
Marcos1310 wrote: Hey mods, can you just like... ban this dude? he not only posts a bad deal, but he is also now talking some next level trash here.
Did you submit a report?

Moderators?
Destiny is all
Deal Addict
Jan 7, 2005
4082 posts
341 upvotes
Is it me or do you find Costco's chicken undercooked, especially the drumsticks. I take it apart and pop them into the air fryer. I love Swiss Chalet but only go when there are coupons. I remember when it was $5 for takeout and there was a kids play area for my kids. I could just go for the free rolls and sauce.
Ephemera

Member since 2005.
Deal Expert
Oct 23, 2008
16983 posts
14592 upvotes
GTA, ON
ephemera wrote: Is it me or do you find Costco's chicken undercooked, especially the drumsticks. I take it apart and pop them into the air fryer. I love Swiss Chalet but only go when there are coupons. I remember when it was $5 for takeout and there was a kids play area for my kids. I could just go for the free rolls and sauce.
Only found it under-cooked maybe once or twice, but that can be with any chicken. Depending on the thickness of the bird, it's sometimes hard to figure out the right timing. I've found chicken from many places to sometimes require a bit of microwaving.
Tis banana is IRIE 😎

Deal Guru
May 29, 2006
10702 posts
3365 upvotes
ephemera wrote: Is it me or do you find Costco's chicken undercooked, especially the drumsticks. I take it apart and pop them into the air fryer. I love Swiss Chalet but only go when there are coupons. I remember when it was $5 for takeout and there was a kids play area for my kids. I could just go for the free rolls and sauce.
define cooked though, most people cook to look, i cook chicken to Temp, my chicken always comes off as it hits 165 degrees. my mom would cook a chicken until it looks done, which could be 180-190 degrees.
Jan 13, 2012
538 posts
590 upvotes
Vancouver
rocking23nf wrote: define cooked though, most people cook to look, i cook chicken to Temp, my chicken always comes off as it hits 165 degrees. my mom would cook a chicken until it looks done, which could be 180-190 degrees.
This is the real problem with the rotisserie chickens at grocery stores - they cook the ever loving hell out of them til you can eat right through the bone. A chicken cooked to temp is way brighter and way juicier, but if all you're used to is overcooked takeout that's done so that there's no chance of food poisoning at all it'll look underdone.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)