Expired Hot Deals

Switch Bot 10.99 USD shipped Regular 29USD EDIT*Deal has changed 28 dollar off coupon but have to purchase another item.

  • Last Updated:
  • Jun 9th, 2021 6:06 pm
[OP]
Newbie
Aug 22, 2016
5 posts
11 upvotes

Switch Bot 10.99 USD shipped Regular 29USD EDIT*Deal has changed 28 dollar off coupon but have to purchase another item.

Deal Link:
Price:
10.99
Expiry:
June 10, 2021
Long time lurker first time poster. Noticed this deal and just made an order as a new customer picked up a remote button pusher regular 29USD. Total when ordered came to 10.99USD. You just have to punch in your first name and email to generate the discount code. Seemed to work for me but YMMV.

EDIT: looks like the shipping price has changed. Deal is not as appealing as it was at the end of May. Deal ends June 10th.

Deal has changed:
Terms

1. Sign up and get the $28 OFF coupon.
2. Buy any product + 1 Bot to your order.
3. Apply the coupon when you check out.

* Campaign ends June 10th.
* With the $28 OFF coupon, 1 Bot is discounted to $1 from $29.
* Shipping term applies. Due to the high response of participants, the shipping day will have a delay.
* All prices listed on our Store exclude taxes, import fees, and customs duties. Customers may be subject to these fees.
Last edited by weervw on Jun 7th, 2021 11:14 am, edited 3 times in total.
102 replies
Jr. Member
Mar 4, 2014
144 posts
169 upvotes
Have been looking at getting a SwitchBot, and saw a new promo they're having. Buy 1x SwitchBot for $1 USD (+$10 shipping) instead of the regular price of $29.99 USD. Ends up being $13.25 CAD shipped.

Click the link, and a modal should pop up. Submit any email to get a unique discount code e.g. "$1BOT XXXXX".

There is also "WELCOMEBACK" for 15% off everything. They do not stack.

Perfect as I wanted to try out one for my espresso machine to automatically turn on in the morn. Can locally control the switch via Bluetooth and the associated app, or if you purchase the hub, you can control via API or Google/Alexa/etc.

Edit: Jun 1 - Shipping has increased to $25 USD if just purchasing a single SwitchBot, $10 if purchasing more than 1 item.

Edit: Jun 6 - Deal changed to BUY 1 full priced product and get a SwitchBot for $1.
Last edited by slimjim91 on Jun 6th, 2021 4:36 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Jr. Member
Nov 7, 2017
143 posts
367 upvotes
Montreal
I'm surprised this exists. Seems like an April fools joke.
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2012
1565 posts
1960 upvotes
Surrey
alright... I can put one on my wife
Jr. Member
Jan 5, 2010
181 posts
81 upvotes
Ottawa
v3dg666 wrote: I'm surprised this exists. Seems like an April fools joke.
It's for real and - yes, it's funny. It's also kinda awesome. I'm in for one to goof around with and see if I can come up with something cool to do with it. The API's are well documented and they provide a bunch of open source code. It's a gadget for tinkerers and the company isn't trying to get you locked into a malware or spyware filled app. Thanks OP. I'm happy to try open-source locally controlled automation stuff.
Sr. Member
Nov 23, 2004
909 posts
1608 upvotes
Ontario
This might solve my coffee maker automation conundrum - I otherwise would have to crack it open and somehow add a relay across the digital "brew" button so I can automate fresh coffee in the morning. Overkill solution when I could just buy one with a timer, but that beats the fun!

Works out to $13.88 CDN shipped.

Edit: and for the Home Assistant users, you can apparently directly bluetooth control it from HA without needing to buy the switchbot hub, thus making it even more useful at this price.
Jr. Member
Mar 4, 2014
144 posts
169 upvotes
arth33 wrote:
It's for real and - yes, it's funny. It's also kinda awesome. I'm in for one to goof around with and see if I can come up with something cool to do with it. The API's are well documented and they provide a bunch of open source code. It's a gadget for tinkerers and the company isn't trying to get you locked into a malware or spyware filled app. Thanks OP. I'm happy to try open-source locally controlled automation stuff.
Exactly this. Sounds dumb, but so many ways to tinker. I may buy a Raspberry Pi and load Home Assistant for better automation.

Going to be using one for my server (because it turns off by itself randomly ever few weeks), and one for my espresso machine to let it warm up before I get up.
Member
Jul 9, 2008
268 posts
120 upvotes
I can vouch for switchbot; I have a bunch of their curtain bots for all my rod curtains in each room and they work quite well; alot cheaper than buying smart curtains and allows me to retrofit them to my existing curtains to maintain my current aesthetic.

As for the bots, it's literally just a motor and a small lever; it works for anything that needs a physical button to be pushed.
They also provide a small little sticker with a loop that you can connect to the lever, so that if the button needs to be "pulled" into the off position, like those big flat light switches for example, then it would allow the bot to retract its lever, pull on the little loop, and pop it back into the other position.

Quite clever and definitely useful depending on the application.

I've given these to a couple of my buddies and they put it on things like garage door buttons and whatnot.

At $1 + $10 shipping, they're an absolute steal that I think anyone would be happy to just try out.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 20, 2004
2407 posts
1512 upvotes
Vancouveresque
One of the home automation youtube channels that I follow talks up these things pretty frequently. May as well give it a shot for fifteen bucks shipped, I guess.
Nobody cares which exploitative corporations you give your money to every month. Capitalism is a plague on this planet. Get that crap out of your signature.
Jr. Member
Nov 2, 2018
170 posts
90 upvotes
Mikol1011 wrote: I can vouch for switchbot; I have a bunch of their curtain bots for all my rod curtains in each room and they work quite well; alot cheaper than buying smart curtains and allows me to retrofit them to my existing curtains to maintain my current aesthetic.


As for the bots, it's literally just a motor and a small lever; it works for anything that needs a physical button to be pushed.
They also provide a small little sticker with a loop that you can connect to the lever, so that if the button needs to be "pulled" into the off position, like those big flat light switches for example, then it would allow the bot to retract its lever, pull on the little loop, and pop it back into the other position.

Quite clever and definitely useful depending on the application.

I've given these to a couple of my buddies and they put it on things like garage door buttons and whatnot.

At $1 + $10 shipping, they're an absolute steal that I think anyone would be happy to just try out.
I wish they have one for roll up blinds :(
Deal Fanatic
Jul 7, 2004
6482 posts
2128 upvotes
Going to try this on my coffee maker as I get up anywhere from 6-8am.
Curtain one seems cool too but I'm way too cheap to spend hundreds of dollars on it.
Would this work on a curtain rod that changes in width due to the extension?
Deal Addict
Jun 4, 2012
2756 posts
2353 upvotes
BC
So it can turn on or off a switch and you need another one in the other side to do the opposite?!?
Member
Jul 9, 2008
268 posts
120 upvotes
baz5 wrote: Going to try this on my coffee maker as I get up anywhere from 6-8am.
Curtain one seems cool too but I'm way too cheap to spend hundreds of dollars on it.
Would this work on a curtain rod that changes in width due to the extension?
Yup but curtain rings may or may not get snagged on it (the switchbot runs over it just fine), so you might need some glide tape to help the rings move along that transition more smoothly.
Member
Jul 9, 2008
268 posts
120 upvotes
muffin4life wrote: So it can turn on or off a switch and you need another one in the other side to do the opposite?!?
If your switch is anything like those big flat wide light switches, then nope. It comes with a little adhesive loop that lets it latch onto the switchbot, so after pressing the switch, the bot can actually pull on it and pop it back out into the other position.
Deal Guru
User avatar
Oct 21, 2015
10470 posts
76217 upvotes
Ontario
can you add $13 CDN shipping to the title, please? thanks
⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
19556 posts
28460 upvotes
ONTARIO
muffin4life wrote: So it can turn on or off a switch and you need another one in the other side to do the opposite?!?
Image
Deal Fanatic
Jul 7, 2004
6482 posts
2128 upvotes
This is funny. I think most of us have the same initial reaction thinking it's silly, then you think about the the uses and it can be quite practical.

Top