Expired Hot Deals

[Fido] SWITCH FROM FREEDOM - ONTARIO - $45 for 20GB (NEW CUSTOMERS)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 5th, 2021 4:15 pm
[OP]
Jan 25, 2009
672 posts
330 upvotes

[Fido] SWITCH FROM FREEDOM - ONTARIO - $45 for 20GB (NEW CUSTOMERS)

SWITCH FROM FREEDOM TODAY!

Get 20GB for $45 per month after bill credit for 10 months when you bring your own phone. Only when switching from Freedom to Fido. Offer will be applied on your 2nd or 3rd invoice. Hurry! Limited time offer.

Switch from Freedom Mobile Inc. today!

Here's how you can take advantage of this online offer:

✔️ You're a Freedom Mobile Inc. customer.
✔️ Choose a plan $55/mo. or more.
✔️ Get a $10 off for 10 months.
✔️ Get an additional 8GB data bonus. Applied on your 2nd or 3rd invoice.

That’s a total of 20GB for only $45/month after bill credit for 10 months when you bring your own phone! Hurry, this offer is available online only for a limited time.

EDIT: LINK UPDATED
Last edited by raviji on Dec 30th, 2020 4:53 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Thread Summary
Already figured out steps

1) open freedom prepaid (no credit check)
2) port that to fido (get the $45/20gb)
3) then port “real #” to fido
78 replies
Aug 29, 2011
34 posts
49 upvotes
Calgary
What is the price after the 10 months?
Feb 20, 2020
4 posts
Whats the price after 10 months? Any activation fee? When does this offer expire. Can you add more details please. Thanks
Deal Addict
Aug 31, 2010
4021 posts
1764 upvotes
I really like that freedom is keeping the big(ger) telcos on their toes.
Deal Addict
Aug 31, 2010
4021 posts
1764 upvotes
Brellie wrote: Whats the price after 10 months? Any activation fee? When does this offer expire. Can you add more details please. Thanks
Clicked through, looks like $75/mo for 20gb
Sep 24, 2013
9 posts
1 upvote
Mississauga
Would be $55 after 10 months. It says you get 8 gb for switching from freedom.
Images
  • 55C22013-4AA2-4EFE-B524-03599C5E433B.jpeg
Deal Addict
May 24, 2011
1590 posts
440 upvotes
Canada
where can we see this? fido accoutn or did you get text message
==
Telus iPhone 11 Pro
Jan 19, 2007
903 posts
607 upvotes
These 10 or 12 month promos for mobile and home internet are such a short term scumbag move by the big 3 to kill smaller providers.
Deal Addict
Nov 30, 2016
1025 posts
1299 upvotes
Mississauga
hvc wrote: I really like that freedom is keeping the big(ger) telcos on their toes.
100%.
kronos288 wrote: These 10 or 12 month promos for mobile and home internet are such a short term scumbag move by the big 3 to kill smaller providers.
True. But the way the industry is right now, switching between Telcos will become the new normal. The trick is to make sure you buy your own phones and then hunt for the best deal for you.
Jan 19, 2007
903 posts
607 upvotes
Gangsta101 wrote: 100%.

True. But the way the industry is right now, switching between Telcos will become the new normal. The trick is to make sure you buy your own phones and then hunt for the best deal for you.
If it's the new normal I hope at least smaller providers don't fold because of these tactics. It seems that the long term strategy is to make them fold, gain subscribers, then jack up market prices again. A vicious cycle.
Aug 24, 2018
619 posts
844 upvotes
Langley BC
Or if freedom is good in your area you could switch to freedom and get a new iPhone with 20g of data and a $200 giftcard for $55. I like that freedom is driving down the prices of phone plans but what I don't like is how the big 3 are specifically targeting freedom trying to make them fail.
Koodo $35 5 Gig deal (x2)
Deal Addict
Nov 30, 2016
1025 posts
1299 upvotes
Mississauga
kronos288 wrote: If it's the new normal I hope at least smaller providers don't fold because of these tactics. It seems that the long term strategy is to make them fold, gain subscribers, then jack up market prices again. A vicious cycle.
DonM28020 wrote: Or if freedom is good in your area you could switch to freedom and get a new iPhone with 20g of data and a $200 giftcard for $55. I like that freedom is driving down the prices of phone plans but what I don't like is how the big 3 are specifically targeting freedom trying to make them fail.
You are both right. I think Freedom/Shaw will be fine. They have really disrupted the Telecom space this past few years, and the fact they've locked down a lot of subscribers with their Killer Iphone/Galaxy deals to 2 year contracts will ensure they retain a lot of people. Hopefully they keep coming up with better deals themselves.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2018
4676 posts
3739 upvotes
kronos288 wrote: These 10 or 12 month promos for mobile and home internet are such a short term scumbag move by the big 3 to kill smaller providers.
freedom does samething with 24 month discounts (some 12 month discounts)
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2010
1828 posts
1120 upvotes
Kamloops, BC
Telus is doing $50/20gb byod.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 5, 2013
5529 posts
1332 upvotes
Manila, Philippines
raviji wrote: SWITCH FROM FREEDOM TODAY!

Get 20GB for $45 per month after bill credit for 10 months when you bring your own phone. Only when switching from Freedom to Fido. Offer will be applied on your 2nd or 3rd invoice. Hurry! Limited time offer.
10 months only? after that back normal?

Freedom Mobile

Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2019
1102 posts
1083 upvotes
I sure hope you're with Freedom and use a third party for internet if you're making this comment! :)

I go with whoever gives me the best deal and/or service at the time. I've been with most mobile providers at one point or another, especially with how easy it is to port around.
May 2, 2009
100 posts
11 upvotes
Majokito wrote: I sure hope you're with Freedom and use a third party for internet if you're making this comment! :)

I go with whoever gives me the best deal and/or service at the time. I've been with most mobile providers at one point or another, especially with how easy it is to port around.
I don't think you can group Freedom (a brand of multibillion dollar company Shaw) with the private third party internet providers, who are small players compared to the incumbents on a completely different scale. Granted, Shaw is smaller than Telus, Rogers and Bell but is at least on a comparable level...they just have a long way to go to catch up in Wireless.

The third party internet providers rely on CRTC regulated wholesale access to offer their products and I dare say if they start to fail and go out of business, everyone will end up worst off in my opinion. The vast majority of people in urban and suburban environments for example have access to incumbents Bell and Rogers. Imagine if there were no third party options...surely we'd see a return the near-collusion like behaviour in the home internet offerings.
Dec 14, 2017
332 posts
226 upvotes
Vancouver
Thx OP!

Damnnn so $55 after 10 months

Already figured out steps

1) open freedom prepaid
2) port that to fido
3) then port “real #” to fido

🤣🤣

$45/20gb for 10 mths