Ongoing Deal Discussion

Switch Super Mario 3D All-Stars Pre-order (limited run) - $79.99

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 9th, 2020 4:47 pm
Deal Addict
Dec 29, 2006
2554 posts
478 upvotes
evanwier wrote: Good ol modded switch, this is gonna be a good one!
Hurrr durrrr I’m a thief and gotta let everyone know
Dec 7, 2012
293 posts
276 upvotes
Kelowna
Magicwhistleca wrote: Edit: also I wasn’t event giving advice. Just saying facts. Old sealed games often eventually sell for insane prices if you can find someone crazy enough to pay it. Is it a good investment? Who cares? Some people enjoy collecting shit like this including people who could buy it new today and hold onto it hoping it will be worth more later.
You literally suggested to someone that this will be worth "a lot of money" in the future; sounds like advice to me. It is highly unlikely that this game will be collectible or worth anything in the future, so no, this isn't a fact.

It is perfectly valid for someone to collect the things they like, such as sealed games; however, the moment people start discussing that they are buying something for the purpose of its value increasing later, or making that suggestion to others, it becomes an investment.
jcon wrote: No one cares what the value of the game will be in 10 years. It's a video game. Half this thread is people trying to convince others that this is a bad value and that they'll never buy it, yadda, yadda, yadda. Seriously, go troll an Apple thread to tell everyone what a bad decision maker they are. It's $80, not exactly an "investment".
Actually, a lot of people keep bringing-up the potential value of this game in the future as a reason to buy it now, which is why it keeps getting discussed. The people complaining are rightfully pointing out the low-effort port on behalf of Nintendo, which is a valid criticism of the posted product. But hey, Nintendo has a cult-like following, so they're immune to criticism, right? I love my Switch and 1st-party Nintendo games like most people, but I'm going to call Nintendo out on their BS when I see it.
Last edited by Wallzii on Sep 4th, 2020 3:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2014
3687 posts
3360 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
This thread is the perfect example of one of the reasons I say scalpers are antithetical to this site.
Aug 24, 2015
288 posts
834 upvotes
AB
Wallzii wrote: You literally suggested to someone that this will be worth "a lot of money" in the future; sounds like advice to me. It is highly unlikely that this game will be collectible or worth anything in the future, so no, this isn't a fact.

It is perfectly valid for someone to collect the things they like, such as sealed games; however, the moment people start discussing that they are buying something for the purpose of its value increasing later, or making that suggestion to others, it becomes an investment.
You've just triggered everyone who collected Beanie Babies as an investment in the 90s
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2011
2191 posts
1756 upvotes
Vancouver
DFS 360 wrote: Hurrr durrrr I’m a thief and gotta let everyone know
You give them $80 for some old remakes if it makes you happy.
Deal Addict
Sep 4, 2007
2310 posts
1321 upvotes
Blackdove77 wrote: For those buying it to play, and who own a switch lite instead of regular switch, just as a FYI you do need to buy / own actual joycons for this.

From the listing:
*Software compatibility and play experience may differ on Nintendo Switch Lite. Additional accessories may be required (sold separately).

The warning comes from Mario Galaxy and it's motion control for some moves.
As someone already mentioned, this is incorrect. Retailers put that as a precautionary since they did not know at the time.

You need to double check your facts before spouting wrong information.
Deal Addict
Mar 30, 2010
2314 posts
318 upvotes
Burnaby
good to know.
ASUS RAMPAGE II EXTREME; i7-950; GTX 560; 16G Mem; 2TB HD; 24x DVD-RAM;
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2009
1026 posts
718 upvotes
Ottawa
puglife644 wrote: You've just triggered everyone who collected Beanie Babies as an investment in the 90s
there is still time... 50 years?
Deal Addict
Jul 17, 2011
4436 posts
1786 upvotes
Man, let's just all be glad that Nintendo didn't choose to price them separately at like $30-40. Maybe even at $50 or closer to full price, people will still bite since this is Nintendo we are talking about. Remakes are their speciality, and more important on a console that didn't do too well as a whole but had great games. Remade WiiU games will always sell on the Switch.
Dec 7, 2012
293 posts
276 upvotes
Kelowna
trinxified wrote: Remade WiiU games will always sell on the Switch.
None of these games are Wii U games. Super Mario 3D World is, which is also being rereleased on the Switch as Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury. This comes out next year, but Nintendo hasn't really covered what additional content is included or what enhancements are being done (if any). This game is full price.
Deal Addict
Jul 17, 2011
4436 posts
1786 upvotes
Wallzii wrote: None of these games are Wii U games. Super Mario 3D World is, which is also being rereleased on the Switch as Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury. This comes out next year, but Nintendo hasn't really covered what additional content is included or what enhancements are being done (if any). This game is full price.
Yeah I knew that, just using WiiU games as examples.

I guess that's why this was bundled because it's much older games.
Deal Addict
Apr 19, 2008
2139 posts
312 upvotes
Montreal
Pre-ordered at BBY, if SDM will have the game, I'll buy it with the points and return it to BBY.
Instagram: prince_of_chips
Nov 22, 2015
96 posts
348 upvotes
Toronto, ON
whoa-albert wrote: As someone already mentioned, this is incorrect. Retailers put that as a precautionary since they did not know at the time.

And so do you. Nintendo themselves has a disclaimer saying joycon was required for some features, all we have saying otherwise is a fluff article by a third rate gaming site, with many other sites contradicting it. The idea of collecting stars using the touch screen means player 2's hands are in the way while your trying to play, and it does not make any mention at all about the spin attack. I was just letting people know, no need to attack me for providing information.
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2013
4807 posts
2726 upvotes
Toronto
whoa-albert wrote: As someone already mentioned, this is incorrect. Retailers put that as a precautionary since they did not know at the time.

Does this work better for you? Straight from Nintendos website for the game.
*If playing on Nintendo Switch Lite, detached Joy-Con controllers are required and sold separately. See support.nintendo.com/switch/play for details.
Source: https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/s ... rs-switch/