Ongoing Deal Discussion

Switch Super Mario 3D All-Stars Pre-order (limited run) - $79.99

  • Last Updated:
  • Oct 9th, 2020 4:47 pm
Member
May 10, 2010
490 posts
773 upvotes
London
ArchZeratul wrote: Looking to buy a physical copy for myself. I was hoping this would be in stock at SDM so I could buy for points, but I guess I can't rely on that. If that's the case, I'm looking to pre-order. Which option is the most reliable, best shipping, longest refund policy, etc.?
Amazon is probably your best bet.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 2, 2012
1754 posts
2606 upvotes
ArchZeratul wrote: Looking to buy a physical copy for myself. I was hoping this would be in stock at SDM so I could buy for points, but I guess I can't rely on that. If that's the case, I'm looking to pre-order. Which option is the most reliable, best shipping, longest refund policy, etc.?
Same boat as you. I preordered at Best Buy. I'll still check around SDM to see if it's available to either get extra 20x points or use points. Then return to BB if SDM carry it. Best Buy is 30 days unopened.
Jr. Member
Jun 12, 2010
112 posts
253 upvotes
poopdedoop wrote: Amazon is probably your best bet.
Caerus wrote: Same boat as you. I preordered at Best Buy. I'll still check around SDM to see if it's available to either get extra 20x points or use points. Then return to BB if SDM carry it. Best Buy is 30 days unopened.
Thanks! It's been a toss up for me between Amazon and BB. I checked and it looks like they both do 30 days unopened, so maybe it doesn't matter which one I go with.

I'm not sure if Amazon's prime shipping is faster or more reliable than whatever BB uses. I was reading a thread about how Amazon has been unreliable with preorders, but I can't tell if it's BS. I've always thought of preorders as trash so this is the first time I've ever considered doing one (damn it Nintendo).

The only thing I really have against BB is that they screwed me once and I don't want to give them my money, but I doubt it's worth hassling myself over it.
Member
Oct 9, 2011
498 posts
182 upvotes
ArchZeratul wrote: Thanks! It's been a toss up for me between Amazon and BB. I checked and it looks like they both do 30 days unopened, so maybe it doesn't matter which one I go with.

I'm not sure if Amazon's prime shipping is faster or more reliable than whatever BB uses. I was reading a thread about how Amazon has been unreliable with preorders, but I can't tell if it's BS. I've always thought of preorders as trash so this is the first time I've ever considered doing one (damn it Nintendo).

The only thing I really have against BB is that they screwed me once and I don't want to give them my money, but I doubt it's worth hassling myself over it.
Best buy always deliver on release day for me, even during pandemic. Ebgames delivered 1 day before release day for FF7, but it probably won'thappen for Nintendo games. Amazon is hit or miss, plus, you have to pay return shipping if your reason is change your mind or find better price elsewhere.
Member
User avatar
Jan 31, 2008
261 posts
166 upvotes
Etobicoke
umadbrah wrote: Only on RFD would this EVER be considered a hot deal.

Seems RFD is still plagued with Nintendo fanboys who'll throw money at anything with Nintendo's logo on it.
"Oh boo hoo, people I don't know are buying games they like. How evil and wrong." 🧐 I bet you have all kinds of collectables others would think are junk.
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2014
3676 posts
3259 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
Not that I was planning on keeping it but Best Buy missed release-date shipping of the Avengers game for me. They didn't ship it until Wednesday night so it didn't get into Winnipeg until yesterday afternoon, and thus didn't go out on any trucks (release date of the standard edition was yesterday).

So with the holiday on Monday I now won't receive it until Tuesday.
Member
Dec 7, 2012
292 posts
275 upvotes
Kelowna
EVIL-C wrote: "Oh boo hoo, people I don't know are buying games they like. How evil and wrong." 🧐 I bet you have all kinds of collectables others would think are junk.
I mean, they aren't trying to convince people that their collectible junk they purchased at MSRP is a "deal", but sure, apt comparison.
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2014
3676 posts
3259 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
EVIL-C wrote: "Oh boo hoo, people I don't know are buying games they like. How evil and wrong." 🧐 I bet you have all kinds of collectables others would think are junk.
This isn't a collectable though, that's the point.

Like I'm fully onboard with full-price preorders being posted for limited or collector's editions but this ain't it chief.
Newbie
Jan 23, 2007
55 posts
49 upvotes
East Saint Paul
For those questioning if these will re-sell for a great price down the road. Recently I've been trying to recollect many of my games from my youth (Super Nintendo and Gamecube) and I can vouch that even opened copies of games that did sell millions in quantity go for 100 dollars no problem. Sealed copies are usually 200 - 300. While you won't make a fortune if you keep the copy sealed it will easily sell for $200 down the road. Older Nintendo games really hold in value. My old opened copy of Mario Sunshine goes for 80 - 100 alone.

I pre ordered 2 copies, 1 to play and the other to keep around for my collection.
Newbie
Sep 19, 2019
70 posts
83 upvotes
My local independant videogame store just announced that they will not be able to fulfill all the preorders. They ordered 250 copies and were instantly told by their providers that they will not receive them all. This store is always super reliable for preorders.

I wonder if that will also apply to major stores like Eb Games, Best Buy, etc. I hope they will be able to fullfil all ther preorders...
Last edited by blockbstone on Sep 5th, 2020 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Member
User avatar
Jan 30, 2016
353 posts
96 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Brandino wrote: For those questioning if these will re-sell for a great price down the road. Recently I've been trying to recollect many of my games from my youth (Super Nintendo and Gamecube) and I can vouch that even opened copies of games that did sell millions in quantity go for 100 dollars no problem. Sealed copies are usually 200 - 300. While you won't make a fortune if you keep the copy sealed it will easily sell for $200 down the road. Older Nintendo games really hold in value. My old opened copy of Mario Sunshine goes for 80 - 100 alone.

I pre ordered 2 copies, 1 to play and the other to keep around for my collection.
but you also have to consider its a remake. which will take a hit in value. people want originals
Sr. Member
Feb 22, 2013
837 posts
678 upvotes
blockbstone wrote: My local independant videogame store just announced that they will not be able to fulfill all the preorders. They ordered 250 copies and were instantly told by their providers that they will not receive them all.

I wonder if that will also apply to major stores like Eb Games, Best Buy, etc. I hope they will be able to fullfil all ther preorders...
Yes this may be true but I’m willing to bet that if you place an pre-order for this game from this retailer that by March 2021 they will have a copy to sell to you. If you want a copy on Sept 18 then this will be an issue.
Last edited by sparkaction on Sep 5th, 2020 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2014
3676 posts
3259 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
Brandino wrote: For those questioning if these will re-sell for a great price down the road. Recently I've been trying to recollect many of my games from my youth (Super Nintendo and Gamecube) and I can vouch that even opened copies of games that did sell millions in quantity go for 100 dollars no problem. Sealed copies are usually 200 - 300. While you won't make a fortune if you keep the copy sealed it will easily sell for $200 down the road. Older Nintendo games really hold in value. My old opened copy of Mario Sunshine goes for 80 - 100 alone.

I pre ordered 2 copies, 1 to play and the other to keep around for my collection.
You do realize that almost the entirety of the value of Sunshine is that it has never been released on any other console or eshop until now right? Literally the only way to play it legally is if you have a physical copy of the disc.
Sr. Member
Sep 7, 2014
594 posts
256 upvotes
Toronto
Brandino wrote: For those questioning if these will re-sell for a great price down the road. Recently I've been trying to recollect many of my games from my youth (Super Nintendo and Gamecube) and I can vouch that even opened copies of games that did sell millions in quantity go for 100 dollars no problem. Sealed copies are usually 200 - 300. While you won't make a fortune if you keep the copy sealed it will easily sell for $200 down the road. Older Nintendo games really hold in value. My old opened copy of Mario Sunshine goes for 80 - 100 alone.

I pre ordered 2 copies, 1 to play and the other to keep around for my collection.
I will always question my self how ppl agree to pay this much for a seller selling a game that never costed this much when released! Even if it's collectable or rare or even discontinued. No I don't understand.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
7946 posts
4568 upvotes
Toronto
aljudeh wrote: I will always question my self how ppl agree to pay this much for a seller selling a game that never costed this much when released! Even if it's collectable or rare or even discontinued. No I don't understand.
because old Nintendo fans in their 30s-40s are susceptible to nostalgia pandering, want to relive their glory days and believe these old games are better than they are. Then they sit down and actually try to play one at which point they realize out how poorly these games have aged, get bored within an hour and then relist them to pass on to the next schmuck

Top