Ongoing Deal Discussion

Switch Super Mario 3D All-Stars Pre-order (limited run) - $79.99

  • Last Updated:
  • Oct 9th, 2020 4:47 pm
Member
Jan 19, 2017
442 posts
737 upvotes
You guys all know you can be excited AND critical right? Just because i am excited doesn't mean i have to accept Nintendo's Laziness. The ones that are blindly just defending Nintendo are really going to make the whole industry extremely consumer unfriendly. almost like "Yeah you'll buy it and you will F-ing like it too!"
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Mar 19, 2010
6097 posts
4305 upvotes
Toronto
inferno_gn wrote: Hi there,

Why bother ordering digitally if it's the same price as a physical? What I hate about Nintendo is your purchase is tied to the system, not your account. I'm not sure if the Switch is still like that...

Ju Leon...
I only buy digital because I game share with my sister.

Her account is Primary on Switch.
My account is Primary on her Switch.

As long as we are online, we can enjoy together and separately. Makes most games more affordable...
With Zoomer Wireless !
Member
May 26, 2006
241 posts
101 upvotes
Said212 wrote: I only buy digital because I game share with my sister.

Her account is Primary on Switch.
My account is Primary on her Switch.

As long as we are online, we can enjoy together and separately. Makes most games more affordable...

Can you help me here, I am not sure I understand.

You have two switches.

Your switch has your account as primary.
Your sisters switch has your account as primary account? Or is it her account as primary?

Any help is appreciated here, this could be a huge win for digital ownership.
Sr. Member
Sep 2, 2009
995 posts
705 upvotes
Ottawa
RedSwagDeals wrote: You guys all know you can be excited AND critical right? Just because i am excited doesn't mean i have to accept Nintendo's Laziness. The ones that are blindly just defending Nintendo are really going to make the whole industry extremely consumer unfriendly. almost like "Yeah you'll buy it and you will F-ing like it too!"
Being critical is fine but when people are only critical and / or just pointing to pirating copies instead, it becomes tiresome. Porting from a non-portable device and making it native portable and upgrading graphics is not as simple as people seem to make it sound - plus from three different consoles. I hope that developers improve the portability of their code between consoles going forward (cross-platform is changing that a lot) but unfortunately Nintendo exclusives definitely do not have that in mind. Creating code that is as agnostic as possible to what is running it does require a bit of planning upfront to ensure it can work with multiple engines and inputs.

What we are getting is newer looking versions of three older games (graphics can be a huge cost of making a game). Portable. All on one cart (if it is downloadable... instant cancel for me - critical). Priced for one new game (I wouldn't have put it pass them to have asked 50-80$ alone for each Galaxy and Sunshine).

Do I wish it was cheaper? Sure. This is RFD. Do I wish they had announced more new features? Maybe... new features can ruin the experience if done wrong.

Some people actually like games to be as true to the originals as possible. There is a whole crowd of people that still collect and play on older consoles like the original Nintendo - because they want that experience. I personally still replay The Legend of Zelda every year or two; it is just that good for me.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Apr 21, 2009
3415 posts
1325 upvotes
Grimsby
For those who have pre-ordered in the past from Amazon - how reliable would you say they've been at delivering on release day? Would Best Buy be a better bet in that regard?
Deal Fanatic
Feb 2, 2011
8182 posts
2813 upvotes
Toronto
joey003 wrote: For those who have pre-ordered in the past from Amazon - how reliable would you say they've been at delivering on release day? Would Best Buy be a better bet in that regard?
If you live in the GTA then it's release day. I've heard if you're not it's really bad, like a week or more.
Sr. Member
Nov 19, 2017
856 posts
1927 upvotes
Toronto
joey003 wrote: For those who have pre-ordered in the past from Amazon - how reliable would you say they've been at delivering on release day? Would Best Buy be a better bet in that regard?
I have always gotten my games on release day from Amazon. I have prime so maybe thats why.
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2014
3630 posts
3230 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
OVOSound wrote: I have always gotten my games on release day from Amazon. I have prime so maybe thats why.
No it's because you're in Toronto. They're garbage for release-day anywhere else.
joey003 wrote: For those who have pre-ordered in the past from Amazon - how reliable would you say they've been at delivering on release day? Would Best Buy be a better bet in that regard?
Best Buy is significantly better than Amazon but even they're slipping recently. I know they shipped out the Earth's Mightiest and Deluxe editions of the Avengers late (as in, after their release date) and I didn't get my copy of the Standard edition until this Tuesday when the game released last Friday (because they didn't ship it in time for release-day shipping).
Deal Addict
User avatar
Apr 21, 2009
3415 posts
1325 upvotes
Grimsby
Variability wrote: If you live in the GTA then it's release day. I've heard if you're not it's really bad, like a week or more.
OVOSound wrote: I have always gotten my games on release day from Amazon. I have prime so maybe thats why.
chemicalxv wrote: No it's because you're in Toronto. They're garbage for release-day anywhere else.
Best Buy is significantly better than Amazon but even they're slipping recently. I know they shipped out the Earth's Mightiest and Deluxe editions of the Avengers late (as in, after their release date) and I didn't get my copy of the Standard edition until this Tuesday when the game released last Friday (because they didn't ship it in time for release-day shipping).
Thanks all - much appreciated.

I originally preordered on Amazon (I have prime), but was really hoping for it to show on release day as I have a free weekend and would love to spend some time with the game.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Mar 19, 2010
6097 posts
4305 upvotes
Toronto
tilley wrote: Can you help me here, I am not sure I understand.

You have two switches.

Your switch has your account as primary.
Your sisters switch has your account as primary account? Or is it her account as primary?

Any help is appreciated here, this could be a huge win for digital ownership.
Yeah! I'll give this a try. More experienced Switch owners, feel free to edit...

Switch A belongs to Adam. It has two profiles on it. Adam & Betty.

* Betty is set as Primary. Because Betty is Primary, any profile on the Switch can boot games bought by Betty.
Adam, who physically has the Switch, can boot games bought by Betty.
Adam can also boot games bought by Adam. *Requires internet connection

Based on that, Adam can play games bought by either person.

Switch B belongs to Betty. It has two profiles. Adam & Betty.
*Adam is set as Primary. Because Adam is primary, any profile on the Switch can boot games bought by Adam.
Betty, who physically owns the Switch, can boot games bought by Adam.
Betty can also boot games bought by Betty. *Requires internet connection

In action: Adam buys a copy of Mario Kart.
Adam can play on his Switch as Adam with internet because he is the owner of the game.
Betty can play on her Switch as Betty because Adam is the Primary on her Switch.

2 players can play without booting each other out.
With Zoomer Wireless !
Member
User avatar
Jul 5, 2011
201 posts
90 upvotes
MISSISSAUGA
really disappointed they didn't bother doing anything with 64, would have been amazing if it got a proper remaster. On the homebrew side of things, fans have updated the models for the unofficial switch port.
Deal Addict
Aug 7, 2011
1280 posts
1295 upvotes
VANCOUVER
ReeGee wrote: 2013 release rehashed for $90 7 years later. Business as usual over at Nintendo
I think the Switch was particularly bad. I was a WiiU adopter who purchased pretty much all of the 1st party Nintendo games. Now own a Switch I am really annoyed at Nintendo for these re-releases. So far the only 'new' games nintendo has release for the Switch is Mario Odyssey (which was probably originally planned for the Wii U) and Animal Crossing,

I get that the Wii U wasn't a big success and they want people to enjoy these titles but this just seems lazy on their part. The Gamecube wasn't a commercial success either but the only game they re-released for the Wii was Zelda Twilight Princess... and that was so they could have a hit launch title
Jr. Member
Mar 24, 2012
119 posts
51 upvotes
New Glasgow
Just got an email that I paid for a digital purchase, anyone else get this having ordered the physical version?
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2009
1201 posts
155 upvotes
Said212 wrote: Yeah! I'll give this a try. More experienced Switch owners, feel free to edit...

Switch A belongs to Adam. It has two profiles on it. Adam & Betty.

* Betty is set as Primary. Because Betty is Primary, any profile on the Switch can boot games bought by Betty.
Adam, who physically has the Switch, can boot games bought by Betty.
Adam can also boot games bought by Adam. *Requires internet connection

Based on that, Adam can play games bought by either person.

Switch B belongs to Betty. It has two profiles. Adam & Betty.
*Adam is set as Primary. Because Adam is primary, any profile on the Switch can boot games bought by Adam.
Betty, who physically owns the Switch, can boot games bought by Adam.
Betty can also boot games bought by Betty. *Requires internet connection

In action: Adam buys a copy of Mario Kart.
Adam can play on his Switch as Adam with internet because he is the owner of the game.
Betty can play on her Switch as Betty because Adam is the Primary on her Switch.

2 players can play without booting each other out.
We do similar in my house:

Kids Switch
My Switch Lite

Kids Switch: my Nintendo account is primary on it. The kids then have their own profiles.

My Switch Lite: my Nintendo account is signed in on it and is the only profile.

My Nintendo account bought Animal Crossing. As long as the kids use their own profiles on their Switch while playing it, I can play it at the same time on mine under my Nintendo-account connected profile. But they must not be on my profile on their Switch and I must be on my profile on my Switch.

That said, there are 2 limitations:
- my Switch Lite must check it is allowed to play the game before I play. So no internet, no play that game.
- if my kids start playing the SNES collection (free with Nintendo Online subscription) while I'm playing Animal Crossing, for some reason that suspends my playing until they are done. Only seems to happen with that collection though that is the only "must be on Nintendo Online to play" title we really use.
Member
Oct 9, 2011
490 posts
182 upvotes
joey003 wrote: Thanks all - much appreciated.

I originally preordered on Amazon (I have prime), but was really hoping for it to show on release day as I have a free weekend and would love to spend some time with the game.
Depends on where you live. Best Buy always show up on release day for me, despite their page says earliest delivery date is 1-2 business days later. Amazon is hit or miss regardless of prime membership. If you want it on release date, pre-order from ebgames and pick up in store is the best choice.

Top