Ongoing Deal Discussion

Switch Super Mario 3D All-Stars Pre-order (limited run) - $79.99

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 22nd, 2020 2:32 pm
Jan 31, 2006
79 posts
31 upvotes
joey003 wrote: Thanks all - much appreciated.

I originally preordered on Amazon (I have prime), but was really hoping for it to show on release day as I have a free weekend and would love to spend some time with the game.
Even in the GTA, for me at least, amazon never delivers nintendo pre orders on release day. I forget the last game i ordered from them as i started ordering games from best buy and walmart and they have been delivered on time

Edit: last game was Pokemon Shield and it was delivered the following week
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2014
2215 posts
2288 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
m7cky wrote: This product is bs because even digital version is limited run. Nintendo always creating artificial scarcity
I can almost guarantee they don't limit the digital game. All they are doing is creating hype, and making software pirates drool. Can you imagine the sales of moddable switch systems that have this game included? Like that flappy bird game on iphone that time.
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2014
3401 posts
3061 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
goozy1 wrote: I think the Switch was particularly bad. I was a WiiU adopter who purchased pretty much all of the 1st party Nintendo games. Now own a Switch I am really annoyed at Nintendo for these re-releases. So far the only 'new' games nintendo has release for the Switch is Mario Odyssey (which was probably originally planned for the Wii U) and Animal Crossing,

I get that the Wii U wasn't a big success and they want people to enjoy these titles but this just seems lazy on their part. The Gamecube wasn't a commercial success either but the only game they re-released for the Wii was Zelda Twilight Princess... and that was so they could have a hit launch title
It's because the Wii model practically everyone had (RVL-001, the original white box) natively played Gamecube games and accepted controllers and memory cards. It's hard to sell remasters of the originals when people can literally just play said originals on the same machine.

Also it wasn't the only one, they definitely re-released a bunch of games under that "New Play Control!" line (like Metroid Prime 1 and 2 and Pikmin). But for the large part that was it.

Also don't forget the Virtual Console was also a thing on both the Wii and Wii U (with the Wii VC being playable on the Wii U in Wii mode).
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2014
3401 posts
3061 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
stbrown22 wrote: Even in the GTA, for me at least, amazon never delivers nintendo pre orders on release day. I forget the last game i ordered from them as i started ordering games from best buy and walmart and they have been delivered on time

Edit: last game was Pokemon Shield and it was delivered the following week
Yeah a lot of the time Amazon doesn't even ship until after the game is released. It's obviously intentional and really annoying if you WANT the game.
Jun 15, 2018
907 posts
393 upvotes
chemicalxv wrote: Yeah a lot of the time Amazon doesn't even ship until after the game is released. It's obviously intentional and really annoying if you WANT the game.
Same here I'll expect the shit that is known as intelcom Express will deliver it Saturday.
Jan 31, 2006
79 posts
31 upvotes
chemicalxv wrote: Yeah a lot of the time Amazon doesn't even ship until after the game is released. It's obviously intentional and really annoying if you WANT the game.
The funny thing is that if you order it at the day of release, usually same day shipping is available for prime members but if you pre order you wait
Deal Fanatic
Mar 1, 2002
8453 posts
4792 upvotes
Toronto
goozy1 wrote: I think the Switch was particularly bad. I was a WiiU adopter who purchased pretty much all of the 1st party Nintendo games. Now own a Switch I am really annoyed at Nintendo for these re-releases.
I sold my Wii U but kind of regret it now, best to keep it and enjoy the ported games at a fraction of the price and free online, the RFD way lol.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 19, 2010
6026 posts
4093 upvotes
Toronto
jetfire33 wrote: We do similar in my house:

Kids Switch
My Switch Lite

Kids Switch: my Nintendo account is primary on it. The kids then have their own profiles.

My Switch Lite: my Nintendo account is signed in on it and is the only profile.

My Nintendo account bought Animal Crossing. As long as the kids use their own profiles on their Switch while playing it, I can play it at the same time on mine under my Nintendo-account connected profile. But they must not be on my profile on their Switch and I must be on my profile on my Switch.

That said, there are 2 limitations:
- my Switch Lite must check it is allowed to play the game before I play. So no internet, no play that game.
- if my kids start playing the SNES collection (free with Nintendo Online subscription) while I'm playing Animal Crossing, for some reason that suspends my playing until they are done. Only seems to happen with that collection though that is the only "must be on Nintendo Online to play" title we really use.
Nice! Thanks for elaborating. With the game-sharing business, a $79.99 digital purchase with 5% tax from Alberta is a no brainer so I'm less annoyed by Nintendo's tactics.
With Zoomer Wireless !
Deal Addict
Aug 3, 2008
4567 posts
8335 upvotes
Ottawa
Said212 wrote: Nice! Thanks for elaborating. With the game-sharing business, a $79.99 digital purchase with 5% tax from Alberta is a no brainer so I'm less annoyed by Nintendo's tactics.
You should explore Argentine/Brasil eShop. Top games are ~$60 with tax there.
And no, you don't need to change location of your main account for that. Just create a new Nintendo account at AG/BR region, after purchasing they will just send you a code that you can redeem on your main account in any region.
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2009
1380 posts
301 upvotes
Limited digital run typical Nintendo bullshit.
Sep 26, 2016
33 posts
32 upvotes
Gonna use my Fido $150 Amazon GC to get this. I really enjoyed Odyssey. I remember playing Super Mario 64 and Sunshine as a kid, but never playing them to completion.

Limited run makes a lot of business sense. Good strategy for Nintendo to keep milking it while they can with the Switch platform. If there successor is anything like the WiiU, at least they'll have a nice cushion for several more years of R&D. I will hate to see this company ever go bankrupt.
Last edited by dynogic on Sep 11th, 2020 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2014
2215 posts
2288 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
seafish wrote: You should explore Argentine/Brasil eShop. Top games are ~$60 with tax there.
And no, you don't need to change location of your main account for that. Just create a new Nintendo account at AG/BR region, after purchasing they will just send you a code that you can redeem on your main account in any region.
Oh god don't give that info away.. lol. Now they are going to change it up to not work for us anymore. Going to end up region locking the codes because all of rfd going to buy like this.
Sep 26, 2016
33 posts
32 upvotes
seafish wrote: You should explore Argentine/Brasil eShop. Top games are ~$60 with tax there.
I was thinking about this... but then I started to fear the ban-hammer. Spending hundreds of dollars on games, only to get your account banned with little recourse.

I still buy the physical copies when I can.