Ongoing Deal Discussion

Switch Super Mario 3D All-Stars Pre-order (limited run) - $79.99

  • Last Updated:
  • Sep 22nd, 2020 2:32 pm
Deal Addict
Aug 3, 2008
4567 posts
8335 upvotes
Ottawa
junglemage666 wrote: Oh god don't give that info away.. lol. Now they are going to change it up to not work for us anymore. Going to end up region locking the codes because all of rfd going to buy like this.
Lol, don't overestimate RFD effect. I know it can be big, but not against such a monster as Nintendo.
People are using it all over the world, there's a web-site to compare prices in eshops: https://eshop-prices.com/games/popular?currency=CAD
Member
Sep 9, 2014
328 posts
121 upvotes
Toronto
Does the console use a standard micro SD? Is there any suggestions for best cards to use, since I'm downloading a few gamest
Thank you ahead of time
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2015
2055 posts
793 upvotes
Montreal, QC
GaryS048 wrote: Does the console use a standard micro SD? Is there any suggestions for best cards to use, since I'm downloading a few gamest
Thank you ahead of time
yes, it's micro sd
Member
Sep 9, 2014
328 posts
121 upvotes
Toronto
Thank you, will look for a good deal
Do any of you guys collect amiibo? I usually get links ahead of time and can try post here
Member
Jan 5, 2017
203 posts
136 upvotes
Do you use paypal? Im looking at animal crossings. Do u buy it from the nintendo eshop?
seafish wrote: You should explore Argentine/Brasil eShop. Top games are ~$60 with tax there.
And no, you don't need to change location of your main account for that. Just create a new Nintendo account at AG/BR region, after purchasing they will just send you a code that you can redeem on your main account in any region.
Deal Addict
User avatar
May 14, 2010
2091 posts
220 upvotes
Summerland
cloak wrote: Being critical is fine but when people are only critical and / or just pointing to pirating copies instead, it becomes tiresome. Porting from a non-portable device and making it native portable and upgrading graphics is not as simple as people seem to make it sound - plus from three different consoles. I hope that developers improve the portability of their code between consoles going forward (cross-platform is changing that a lot) but unfortunately Nintendo exclusives definitely do not have that in mind. Creating code that is as agnostic as possible to what is running it does require a bit of planning upfront to ensure it can work with multiple engines and inputs.

What we are getting is newer looking versions of three older games (graphics can be a huge cost of making a game). Portable. All on one cart (if it is downloadable... instant cancel for me - critical). Priced for one new game (I wouldn't have put it pass them to have asked 50-80$ alone for each Galaxy and Sunshine).

Do I wish it was cheaper? Sure. This is RFD. Do I wish they had announced more new features? Maybe... new features can ruin the experience if done wrong.

Some people actually like games to be as true to the originals as possible. There is a whole crowd of people that still collect and play on older consoles like the original Nintendo - because they want that experience. I personally still replay The Legend of Zelda every year or two; it is just that good for me.
Porting these old games are not as difficult as you try to make it out to be.

Also, these are not new games. These games are old, and they aren't doing anything special with them except increasing the resolution. I don't care if there are three games here, $90 for them is absolutely pathetic. Not to mention Nintendo only releasing these for a limited time not just physically, but digitally as well. I'm getting really tired of people giving these anti-consumer practices a free pass.
Sr. Member
Feb 14, 2019
782 posts
714 upvotes
I own all 3 of these games on their original systems. Played the crap out of Mario 64 back in the day, Sunshine didn't quite finish and just did a single run-through of Galaxy. All great games. I have no issue paying this price to pick up the games again. Would I pay $80/each? No. Obviously the majority of people don't have an issue either based on the number of upvotes. Nintendo knows what their games are worth. If you don't think it's worth it, don't buy it. Don't see what the problem is.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Mar 19, 2010
6026 posts
4093 upvotes
Toronto
seafish wrote: Lol, don't overestimate RFD effect. I know it can be big, but not against such a monster as Nintendo.
People are using it all over the world, there's a web-site to compare prices in eshops: https://eshop-prices.com/games/popular?currency=CAD
Thanks for sharing this. I guess people lean toward Brazil and Argentina (prices are the best) because you get a code you can redeem on your OG Canadian account? But obviously not all the shops work that way?
With Zoomer Wireless !
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2009
2341 posts
139 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
I got my confirmation e-mail of my pre-order yesterday (September 11) from BestBuy!!

YEY!! I am excited!! I can’t wait!! Especially to play Galaxy and Sunshine!! Since I never played as I never gotten the Wii. Mario 64 I’ve played multiple times and would be saving it for last.
Newbie
Dec 3, 2018
72 posts
166 upvotes
Anyone else remember Disney's "Vault" that they would open and re-release an old title on VHS for a limited time? I wonder if this is the direction Nintendo is going.
Sr. Member
Sep 2, 2009
956 posts
662 upvotes
Ottawa
GP Legend wrote: Porting these old games are not as difficult as you try to make it out to be.

Also, these are not new games. These games are old, and they aren't doing anything special with them except increasing the resolution. I don't care if there are three games here, $90 for them is absolutely pathetic. Not to mention Nintendo only releasing these for a limited time not just physically, but digitally as well. I'm getting really tired of people giving these anti-consumer practices a free pass.
Limiting the digital is garbage. Totally. Data could almost be considered virtually limitless when it comes to supplying a game. I avoid digital if it is not a big discount from physical. I avoid physical if it is not a complete physical game. (Still mad I lost access to Juggernaut on Ultimate Alliance)

$90 though? Where can you get the three games today for $90 or less? There are also ways to snag them for cheaper (Shoppers most likely, Source with membership). Plus if you did get the originals, you would still need the systems to play them.

This bundle gives people a chance to play all three for cheaper or near the cost of the used market... without the need of the added consoles.

The digital version stopping in March? That's shameful if they actually stick to that. 80 plus tax for a new game also sucks but that is not limited to this game.
Sr. Member
Jun 15, 2018
907 posts
393 upvotes
Said212 wrote: Thanks for sharing this. I guess people lean toward Brazil and Argentina (prices are the best) because you get a code you can redeem on your OG Canadian account? But obviously not all the shops work that way?
Because they don't have an eshop so you get codes emailed to you.

Top