Hot Deals

Switch Super Mario 3D All-Stars Pre-order (limited run) - $79.99

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 21st, 2020 10:06 pm
Apr 5, 2005
248 posts
290 upvotes
Dartmouth
UnderKitten wrote: So basically 80$ for 3 games that are hardly remastered (just upped resolution)?
+ For a limited time?
Sounds like a rip off.
Remasters usually cost 40-50 and get full graphics revamp. And also stay forever.
The way you say that, it sounds like you think the games suddenly stop working or something?
Aug 23, 2019
113 posts
88 upvotes
Nukkus wrote: The way you say that, it sounds like you think the games suddenly stop working or something?
No, I meant stay for sale for a limited time.
Sep 27, 2004
726 posts
166 upvotes
Scarborough
Tonberry wrote: Cancelled my pre-order, come to think of it, this is not a good price.

Will buy it used when my gaming backlog is cleared (aka DBZ Kakarot, RDR2, Ghost of Tsushima, Judgment, Fire Emblem 3 Houses, Xenoblade Chronicles, Shenmue 3, Yakuza Kiwami 2, Kingdom Hearts 3, etc). Plus PES 2021 and FIFA 21 are coming...
Nice man what other games are you gonna play? What games have you already finished. I'm super interested.
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2014
3398 posts
3059 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
Game leaked online, confirmed all 3 games are emulated. Mario 64 is running under an unknown N64 emulator.

Not unexpected but of course emulation has its own host of problems.

E: Also the ROM they're using for 64 doesn't have blj
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2010
3006 posts
924 upvotes
Montreal
seeing that these pre-orders are still up I sure hope SDM will get a few copies at least will try to get the 20x PTS...
Oct 25, 2018
781 posts
769 upvotes
tarushin wrote: seeing that these pre-orders are still up I sure hope SDM will get a few copies at least will try to get the 20x PTS...
I pre-ordered from Bestbuy and I am hoping I can nab a copy at Shoppers and return the BestBuy one.

We JUST bought Mario64 on the WiiU so my son can hop in as well, like 2-3 weeks before this was announced....oh well, lol
Sep 2, 2009
952 posts
660 upvotes
Ottawa
chemicalxv wrote: Game leaked online, confirmed all 3 games are emulated. Mario 64 is running under an unknown N64 emulator.

Not unexpected but of course emulation has its own host of problems.

E: Also the ROM they're using for 64 doesn't have blj
Disappointing but I'm guessing the hackers will have a field day with native emulators on a cartridge on the Switch.
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2006
1182 posts
202 upvotes
Was thinking how premature I was to preorder this thing as I should have gone for Hyrule instead. Now I feel like a fool with this info. Now I am thinking the $79 is so not worth it and wanna cancel.
I only wanted Mario Galaxy and, when I think of it, I run it at 4K60 on Dolphin from time to time anyhow.
Think I gotta end the temporary insanity and cancel.
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2007
1731 posts
905 upvotes
Cambridge
nambit wrote: Was thinking how premature I was to preorder this thing as I should have gone for Hyrule instead. Now I feel like a fool with this info. Now I am thinking the $79 is so not worth it and wanna cancel.
I only wanted Mario Galaxy and, when I think of it, I run it at 4K60 on Dolphin from time to time anyhow.
Think I gotta end the temporary insanity and cancel.
Ugh... I'm feeling the same. Still have my pre-order, as I do want to play these games, but this is pretty disappointing. I'm thinking I'll hold onto it and see how the performance is and go from there. Still pretty upset that this is how they're handling a big 35 year anniversary release.
May 16, 2012
916 posts
197 upvotes
Quebec
I play at the game today and it's like nintendo who announced it, look good anyway but yes I would have preferred a remake
SYSTEM1: Asrock Board | Intel I7-8770K
Jan 12, 2017
109 posts
103 upvotes
cloak wrote: Disappointing but I'm guessing the hackers will have a field day with native emulators on a cartridge on the Switch.
Great news Thumbs Up Sign
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2007
1731 posts
905 upvotes
Cambridge
Looks like Galaxy was recompiled for the Switch but the other two are emulated.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 1, 2002
8451 posts
4787 upvotes
Toronto
orbitdesign wrote: Looks like Galaxy was recompiled for the Switch but the other two are emulated.
Galaxy was actually ported a few years back to the Shield TV (China only) so I assume that's the version on the Switch. Wish there was a way to get it on Shield TV here but last I checked was locked down tight.

Thread Information

There are currently 3 users viewing this thread. (2 members and 1 guest)

Artwebb1986, Southwark