Ongoing Deal Discussion

Switch Super Mario 3D All-Stars Pre-order (limited run) - $79.99

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 9th, 2020 4:47 pm
Sep 4, 2017
202 posts
219 upvotes
nounou23 wrote: But again I still need to get the PC to run it, a controller etc...

I was just pointing out that I don't think the price is that bad.

If the game is not for you and you aren't interested just don't buy it :)
I'm only trying to say that I think comparing the price of three old game ROMs bundled with an emulator to vintage hardware doesn't make much sense, and ignores it actual decent offerings like the NES/SNES Classic systems, Nintendo's past virtual console pricing, and game compilations by other companies.

That's not to say I don't understand why people might want to purchase it. Playing games on the Switch is quite convenient, but I do expect more than a bare minimum effort for standard pricing, and the programmers here actually have "lazy" written right in the code
Dec 11, 2003
967 posts
255 upvotes
Montreal
keshan wrote: when it says coming out on the 18th Sep, and there is already dumped xci/nsp all over Reddit, how they managed to do that?
Some retailers broke the street date, people brought it home and started rippin'
HOW CAN I BE GOING BROKE WHEN I'M SAVING SO MUCH MONEY!?
Jan 12, 2017
158 posts
138 upvotes
keshan wrote: when it says coming out on the 18th Sep, and there is already dumped xci/nsp all over Reddit, how they managed to do that?
This always happens with switch though, paper Mario came out like that too
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2007
1780 posts
947 upvotes
Cambridge
My order shipped early this morning so should arrive tomorrow. I suppose I'll play it and then put it up for sale... unless it's still a blast. Just wish they would have put more care into it for a 35th anniversary release... and by "more care" I mean "any care".
Jun 15, 2007
218 posts
166 upvotes
orbitdesign wrote: My order shipped early this morning so should arrive tomorrow. I suppose I'll play it and then put it up for sale... unless it's still a blast. Just wish they would have put more care into it for a 35th anniversary release... and by "more care" I mean "any care".
Where did you order from?
Deal Fanatic
Nov 20, 2003
6491 posts
2753 upvotes
Moncton, NB
orbitdesign wrote: Best Buy. Sorry, should have mentioned.
Strange. I ordered as soon as it became available @ Bestbuy and still nothing yet :)

But I'm hoping to find it at shoppers. I want to use some points to get it. I might even try to find Paper mario as well and use 100K points for $140... or if there more than a few available games I might even use 200k.

I was planing for a long time to use points on new joy con since mine had major drifting issue but Nintendo now fix them for free. I sent all 4 joy con and 2 weeks later they came back all fixed up! :)
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2007
1780 posts
947 upvotes
Cambridge
nounou23 wrote: Strange. I ordered as soon as it became available @ Bestbuy and still nothing yet :)

But I'm hoping to find it at shoppers. I want to use some points to get it. I might even try to find Paper mario as well and use 100K points for $140... or if there more than a few available games I might even use 200k.

I was planing for a long time to use points on new joy con since mine had major drifting issue but Nintendo now fix them for free. I sent all 4 joy con and 2 weeks later they came back all fixed up! :)
Hope you find one! The new Paper Mario battle system wasn't for me and I was so excited for it. Bug Fables is great though if you like the older style Paper Mario games.
Jun 15, 2007
218 posts
166 upvotes
nounou23 wrote: Strange. I ordered as soon as it became available @ Bestbuy and still nothing yet :)

Yeah, I did as well and mine has not shipped. I think I will also try Shoppers with the bonus redemption this weekend.
Deal Addict
Jun 11, 2016
1264 posts
1813 upvotes
Double_J wrote: $80 for the chance to play old games. Meh, I don't get it. Got one for my son who's pumped Unamused Face
Historically Mario games are great but am struggling to see the appeal of paying 90$ for a collection of old games I already own....
Deal Fanatic
Dec 28, 2006
5927 posts
532 upvotes
Kanata
I am thinking of canceling it really, it was an impulse buy as I worried about it sold out and hard to find in future. My boy would love this, but he has not finished playing Super mario oddssey, and once he see it, it is hard for me to sell it afterwards. Can we really sell this game for the 90$ we have paid afterwards? I see super mario galaxy isn’t worth much on Wii.
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2007
1780 posts
947 upvotes
Cambridge
rivet wrote: I am thinking of canceling it really, it was an impulse buy as I worried about it sold out and hard to find in future. My boy would love this, but he has not finished playing Super mario oddssey, and once he see it, it is hard for me to sell it afterwards. Can we really sell this game for the 90$ we have paid afterwards? I see super mario galaxy isn’t worth much on Wii.
For $90 right away, probably not as this is being sold until March 2021... after that, you'd have a much better time selling for $90 as the game won't be available via other means. All speculation, mind you and I've also lost interest in this. Not fully sure what to do with mine when it arrives tomorrow.
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2015
2147 posts
852 upvotes
Montreal, QC
rivet wrote: I am thinking of canceling it really, it was an impulse buy as I worried about it sold out and hard to find in future. My boy would love this, but he has not finished playing Super mario oddssey, and once he see it, it is hard for me to sell it afterwards. Can we really sell this game for the 90$ we have paid afterwards? I see super mario galaxy isn’t worth much on Wii.
this is why i bought from a brick & mortar shop (BB) as you have 30 days to return vs buying on amazon where you'll need to pay for shipping to send it back
Jan 19, 2017
442 posts
737 upvotes
i pre-ordered on Amazon on Sept 9th and still no notifications at all.