Ongoing Deal Discussion

Switch Super Mario 3D All-Stars Pre-order (limited run) - $79.99

  • Last Updated:
  • Oct 9th, 2020 4:47 pm
Sr. Member
Dec 25, 2006
510 posts
394 upvotes
Ottawa
sumtimw0ng wrote: this is why i bought from a brick & mortar shop (BB) as you have 30 days to return vs buying on amazon where you'll need to pay for shipping to send it back
To be honest, I have never paid for shipping back to Amazon, ever, and I've returned quite a few things. They are pretty good with returns.
Sr. Member
Aug 16, 2015
931 posts
458 upvotes
Toronto, ON
marksmithy69 wrote: To be honest, I have never paid for shipping back to Amazon, ever, and I've returned quite a few things. They are pretty good with returns.
Sure, but unless there is truly something wrong with the item or the product listing was erroneous, you have to lie to get free return shipping with Amazon. Plus, if you do enough returns (don't know what their triggers are), they will audit your account.
Newbie
Jun 6, 2020
34 posts
40 upvotes
I've ordered on the 3rd, almost right when the thread was posted.

I've looked at my order this morning and just looked at it again now and it got pushed back.

"Delivery Date

Delivery arrives as early as September 22, 2020"

I'm a bit irritated, I wish I went with another business than best buy now. I pre-ordered because I wanted to make sure I had a shot at getting the collectible pins from the missions since they're limited in availability.

My guess is by the time I get it on Monday and come home from work, people will already have claimed the allotted amount of pins.

Let's hope I'm wrong.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Nov 20, 2003
6492 posts
2757 upvotes
Moncton, NB
YanC94308 wrote: I've ordered on the 3rd, almost right when the thread was posted.

I've looked at my order this morning and just looked at it again now and it got pushed back.

"Delivery Date

Delivery arrives as early as September 22, 2020"

I'm a bit irritated, I wish I went with another business than best buy now. I pre-ordered because I wanted to make sure I had a shot at getting the collectible pins from the missions since they're limited in availability.

My guess is by the time I get it on Monday and come home from work, people will already have claimed the allotted amount of pins.

Let's hope I'm wrong.
I wouldn't worry about that because the Mario Kart mission says that the credit for doing that mission will be given on 9/29
Member
Oct 9, 2011
492 posts
182 upvotes
YanC94308 wrote: I've ordered on the 3rd, almost right when the thread was posted.

I've looked at my order this morning and just looked at it again now and it got pushed back.

"Delivery Date

Delivery arrives as early as September 22, 2020"

I'm a bit irritated, I wish I went with another business than best buy now. I pre-ordered because I wanted to make sure I had a shot at getting the collectible pins from the missions since they're limited in availability.

My guess is by the time I get it on Monday and come home from work, people will already have claimed the allotted amount of pins.

Let's hope I'm wrong.
Wait till thurs night see if you get shipment email from BB. Their estimated delivery date is not always accurate, I get most stuff earlier than their estimate.

Or you can always pick one up from store
Member
Oct 9, 2011
492 posts
182 upvotes
marksmithy69 wrote: To be honest, I have never paid for shipping back to Amazon, ever, and I've returned quite a few things. They are pretty good with returns.
But how are you going to say there is something wrong with a video game (assuming they delivered on time) when you are supposed to return it unopened?
Sr. Member
Dec 25, 2006
510 posts
394 upvotes
Ottawa
jjesskaka wrote: But how are you going to say there is something wrong with a video game (assuming they delivered on time) when you are supposed to return it unopened?
Are you saying that you can return an opened video game to a brick and mortar store? If so, what excuse do you use?
Member
Oct 9, 2011
492 posts
182 upvotes
marksmithy69 wrote: Are you saying that you can return an opened video game to a brick and mortar store? If so, what excuse do you use?
No, I am saying how are you going to say there is something wrong with a brand new unopened video game? Amazon only pay return shipping when there is something wrong with the product? So how are you going to get free return?
Newbie
Jun 6, 2020
34 posts
40 upvotes
nounou23 wrote: I wouldn't worry about that because the Mario Kart mission says that the credit for doing that mission will be given on 9/29

I thought so too at first, but it said you need to complete 5 missions including buying the game. The mario kart one (or any other but buying the game) is optional since there is 6 missions in total


While re-reading, I've noticed it excludes residents of Quebec. I have no reason to whine anymore, as I'm excluded anyways lol
Deal Addict
User avatar
Oct 14, 2007
1337 posts
77 upvotes
Ottawa
RedSwagDeals wrote: i pre-ordered on Amazon on Sept 9th and still no notifications at all.
I ordered it from Amazon on September 3rd and still nothing. I have had terrible experiences with pre-ordering anything from Amazon. I never get it and usually end up cancelling and re-ordering on release day. Hopefully I don’t have to do it this time but it’s not looking promising.
Jr. Member
Jun 7, 2017
117 posts
30 upvotes
Don't know why I ordered from best buy. Pre-ordered as soon as the listing went up and it says "Delivery arriving as soon as Sept 23". Should've gotten from Amazon, it always come on launch day
Sr. Member
Feb 14, 2019
894 posts
862 upvotes
My Best Buy order still says September 18th. I ordered it Sept 3 around 1:30pm EST. The charge is showing on my credit card as of 1:30am today. Maybe compare that to your timing. I live in the GTA.
Last edited by Majokito on Sep 17th, 2020 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Nov 20, 2003
6492 posts
2757 upvotes
Moncton, NB
YanC94308 wrote: I thought so too at first, but it said you need to complete 5 missions including buying the game. The mario kart one (or any other but buying the game) is optional since there is 6 missions in total


While re-reading, I've noticed it excludes residents of Quebec. I have no reason to whine anymore, as I'm excluded anyways lol
I would think it's a total of 6. So 5 including the buying the game... I would think anyway. I did 4 so far and I'm at 67%...
Deal Addict
User avatar
Aug 14, 2001
4091 posts
2213 upvotes
Yesva Scotia
BB shipped, amazon (prime) not shipped.
Sr. Member
Dec 25, 2006
510 posts
394 upvotes
Ottawa
jjesskaka wrote: No, I am saying how are you going to say there is something wrong with a brand new unopened video game? Amazon only pay return shipping when there is something wrong with the product? So how are you going to get free return?

That's not true. You can return unopened items without any hassle for free. I've never had any issue at all. You can literally say you found it cheaper elsewhere, or that you don't need it.

Top