Ongoing Deal Discussion

Switch Super Mario 3D All-Stars Pre-order (limited run) - $79.99

  • Last Updated:
  • Oct 9th, 2020 4:47 pm
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2012
2106 posts
803 upvotes
Toronto
b0ne wrote: BB shipped, amazon (prime) not shipped.
Do you actually have a tracking number for your order? For me, they charged my card (well its still pending) last night at 1:00am, but the order still says "In Progress" - it says it will be shipped with Purolator, but no tracking number yet..
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2007
1967 posts
1123 upvotes
Cambridge
geogolem wrote: Do you actually have a tracking number for your order? For me, they charged my card (well its still pending) last night at 1:00am, but the order still says "In Progress" - it says it will be shipped with Purolator, but no tracking number yet..
I ordered on the 7th at 5:40pm. Got my shipping notification around 7am today and yes, it has a Purolator tracking number with it.
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2012
2106 posts
803 upvotes
Toronto
orbitdesign wrote: I ordered on the 7th at 5:40pm. Got my shipping notification around 7am today and yes, it has a Purolator tracking number with it.
I ordered on September 3rd .. lol --> ill do a chat with them and see whats up anyway. I placed the order on September 3rd, received an e-mail saying they received my order and my card wont be charged until it ships. On September 11th i received an email saying my order was confirmed. This morning (September 17th @1:30am) my credit card seems to have been charged, but still no tracking number...
Sr. Member
Oct 9, 2011
528 posts
192 upvotes
marksmithy69 wrote: That's not true. You can return unopened items without any hassle for free. I've never had any issue at all. You can literally say you found it cheaper elsewhere, or that you don't need it.
Amazon return is not always free, for reason like "change my mind" or "found better price elsewhere", you will have to pay return shipping. Unless it's different for different account/user....

There is a recent thread in shopping discussion:
amazon-no-free-return-shipping-2402730/#p33120211
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2007
1967 posts
1123 upvotes
Cambridge
geogolem wrote: I ordered on September 3rd .. lol --> ill do a chat with them and see whats up anyway. I placed the order on September 3rd, received an e-mail saying they received my order and my card wont be charged until it ships. On September 11th i received an email saying my order was confirmed. This morning (September 17th @1:30am) my credit card seems to have been charged, but still no tracking number...
So strange how they do things. I only received the "We've received your order" email then the "You order has shipped" email today.
Sr. Member
Oct 9, 2011
528 posts
192 upvotes
geogolem wrote: I ordered on September 3rd .. lol --> ill do a chat with them and see whats up anyway. I placed the order on September 3rd, received an e-mail saying they received my order and my card wont be charged until it ships. On September 11th i received an email saying my order was confirmed. This morning (September 17th @1:30am) my credit card seems to have been charged, but still no tracking number...
I would say don't need to panic, sometime they don't send out shipping confirmation till late night. I am in GTA, tracking usually show parcel being picked up late night or after midnight but will show up at my door or mailbox (if shipped by CP) the next day.
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2012
2106 posts
803 upvotes
Toronto
orbitdesign wrote: So strange how they do things. I only received the "We've received your order" email then the "You order has shipped" email today.
ya maybe, the issue is that i placed the order on september 3rd and received the "We've received your order" email immediately afterwards, but i received a subsequent email confirming my order on September 11th.. so maybe somehow i ended up getting processed after your order on September 7th.. Strange.. lol im on chat now, will see what they say.
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2012
2106 posts
803 upvotes
Toronto
jjesskaka wrote: I would say don't need to panic, sometime they don't send out shipping confirmation till late night. I am in GTA, tracking usually show parcel being picked up late night or after midnight but will show up at my door or mailbox (if shipped by CP) the next day.
ya, its not the end of the world anyway - sometimes Friday releases dont arrive until Monday.. and its not the end of the world if i have to wait a few days lol.. but I like to investigate to see if I can get more info anyway.. curiosity killed the cat.. Plus it would be nice to be able to play sunshine this weekend (thats the only mario game i have never played )

EDIT: The chat just replied "The delivery date is September 18th - please check in the morning - you will see the tracking number then"...

so hopefully it comes tomorrow, otherwise, im sure it will come Monday...
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2009
1110 posts
776 upvotes
Ottawa
jjesskaka wrote: Amazon return is not always free, for reason like "change my mind" or "found better price elsewhere", you will have to pay return shipping. Unless it's different for different account/user....

There is a recent thread in shopping discussion:
amazon-no-free-return-shipping-2402730/#p33120211
Probably depends how often you return for those reasons, how far you are from a depot/warehouse, if the seller is Amazon or a third party, how much you buy and keep, etc...
The chat has literally told people to return their order and re-buy instead of the agent doing a price adjustment (at least the experience I have seen).
Deal Addict
User avatar
Aug 14, 2001
4193 posts
2334 upvotes
Yesva Scotia
geogolem wrote: Do you actually have a tracking number for your order? For me, they charged my card (well its still pending) last night at 1:00am, but the order still says "In Progress" - it says it will be shipped with Purolator, but no tracking number yet..
Yes, got a Canada Post tracking #.. it doesn't work yet. I'm not getting it tomorrow, live too far away.
😱
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2012
2106 posts
803 upvotes
Toronto
cloak wrote: Probably depends how often you return for those reasons, how far you are from a depot/warehouse, if the seller is Amazon or a third party, how much you buy and keep, etc...
The chat has literally told people to return their order and re-buy instead of the agent doing a price adjustment (at least the experience I have seen).
I had it happen once where I ordered a kids book. it cost like 5$. There weer 2 books listed --> a large one, and a mini one. They both look very similar except for the size. They also both costed pretty much the same (The mini one might have been $1 less or so). When the book arrived, I realized it was the mini version - it is small, slightly bigger than a credit card sized book.. lol looks identical to the bigger version.

Anyway, I went on chat with amazon to inquire about returning the mini book for refund if possible and ordering the regular sized one. I wasn't really complaining because the listing did list the size - i just never thought to check for the dimension of a book - lol. The person on chat, told me they would refund me the original order - i can keep the original order - no need to return - and to go ahead and place an order for the regular sized book using the credit from the refund. I did that - I was surprised because I was just expecting them to say "tough luck - check the dimensions next time" --> and it wouldn't have been a big deal because it was only $5.

I rarely ever return things to amazon and we do order alot, and the price of that order was very small (5$).

My experience with amazon has been really great. It is a very impressive, convenient and excellent value service/store. I do have concerns when I hear about employee treatment etc. but.... that's another discussion..
Sr. Member
User avatar
Sep 20, 2018
531 posts
509 upvotes
Montreal
Amazon still doesn't have a delivery date - annoying but expected.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 28, 2006
6029 posts
571 upvotes
Kanata
I ordered on Sept. 15th from bestbuy, already received shipping confirmation email.
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2009
1110 posts
776 upvotes
Ottawa
The Source's shipment is en-route with expectation of delivery tomorrow.
Newbie
Dec 21, 2009
46 posts
7 upvotes
Ontario
b0ne wrote: Yes, got a Canada Post tracking #.. it doesn't work yet. I'm not getting it tomorrow, live too far away.
Where does Best Buy ship from? Tried finding warehouse locations on their website but no luck. I'm in London Ontario.

Top