Ongoing Deal Discussion

Switch Super Mario 3D All-Stars Pre-order (limited run) - $79.99

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 9th, 2020 4:47 pm
May 31, 2020
9 posts
1 upvote
i went to my amazon orders to cancel the game and the status just updated to ''preparing for shipment'' and now I'm on the fence. hate what Nintendo did with this collection, i mean, is the #1 IP from them and they didn't make any effort in this collection but in the end this is 3 masterpieces and better games from game history.
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2014
3897 posts
3668 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
TomRFD wrote: I just noticed my order shipped via Purolator too. Usually my Best Buy orders come via Canada Post. Now I'm not so sure I'll actually get it tomorrow...
On the bright side you may at least get it Saturday if it doesn't? With CP you'd definitely be SOL until Monday.

Also it sounds like Amazon hasn't even shipped them out in the US either. Almost makes me think they don't even have them yet lmao
Sep 16, 2020
1 posts
stbrown22 wrote: You have to call or use online chat under contact us.

What you might want to do, if you have prime, is wait until tomorrow morning and see if same day delivery is available and order it tomorrow. This is the issue I always have with amazon and Nintendo games. They ship after the release date, walmart and best buy have always delivered on release day (Toronto)
Yeah I don't see them budging on this. I usually pre-order games through amazon because it's super easy to cancel if I change my mind. So far I've ordered:

Pokemon Let's Go
Super Smash Bros Ultimate
Super Mario Party
And now Mario All Stars

None of them shipped until release day. Depending on where you live, I'm betting it won't say available for one day shipping until next week. I don't think Amazon distributes them to their various warehouses until release day.

That said, in my experience, pre-orders always arrive the Monday following release despite whatever the guaranteed date says.
Jun 15, 2018
940 posts
413 upvotes
Just got my updated shipping for this from Amazon. Says Sept 22-26th, that's ridiculous. I assumed it would be Saturday or even Sunday.
Deal Addict
Oct 14, 2007
1340 posts
80 upvotes
Ottawa
Artwebb1986 wrote: Just got my updated shipping for this from Amazon. Says Sept 22-26th, that's ridiculous. I assumed it would be Saturday or even Sunday.
Me too and I ordered on the 3rd. I’m going to try and get it in a brick and mortar store tomorrow and cancel my Amazon order. I don’t know why I don’t learn from previous Amazon pre-order disasters.
Jun 15, 2018
940 posts
413 upvotes
Vidkid72 wrote: Me too and I ordered on the 3rd. I’m going to try and get it in a brick and mortar store tomorrow and cancel my Amazon order. I don’t know why I don’t learn from previous Amazon pre-order disasters.
Same here like 2 mins after it went live.

I'll try Walmart tomorrow the UPC codes are the same so can just go return the amazon one to Walmart if it comes before I can cancel it. Lol

Did that with Mario maker 2.

Did amazon chat they said because there was no fullfillment centers close by that had it so its packaged and shipped from the USA. lol Either way bitched and got $10 promo credit.
Deal Addict
Aug 20, 2010
2596 posts
391 upvotes
Toronto
Lol I have learned never to preorder from amazon if you want it day one even with prime. Eb games instore is guaranteed. Best buy is more reliable for day one shipping.
Dec 30, 2015
160 posts
251 upvotes
Toronto
In the past however many years I've been shopping with Amazon, not one single pre-order arrived on time.

Friday release date? You better bet it's arriving the following week.

I've been burned so many times that I only pre-order through Walmart and Best Buy. So far, so good with on-time or same-day deliveries, and knock on wood I'll be receiving this game tomorrow.

For reference, I live in Toronto.
Aug 30, 2011
88 posts
37 upvotes
Toronto
Got charged by Amazon an hour ago, so should be shipping out tonight?
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2009
2163 posts
1165 upvotes
GTA
I got my shipping confirmation from Purolator. I assume I should get it tomorrow since its comming from Toronto?
Jun 15, 2018
940 posts
413 upvotes
HarryLe wrote: In the past however many years I've been shopping with Amazon, not one single pre-order arrived on time.

Friday release date? You better bet it's arriving the following week.

I've been burned so many times that I only pre-order through Walmart and Best Buy. So far, so good with on-time or same-day deliveries, and knock on wood I'll be receiving this game tomorrow.

For reference, I live in Toronto.
Why would a Friday release on amazon mean next week when they deliver Saturday and Sunday?
Feb 14, 2019
979 posts
952 upvotes
nounou23 wrote: I would think it's a total of 6. So 5 including the buying the game... I would think anyway. I did 4 so far and I'm at 67%...
From the Nintendo website:
"My Nintendo members who complete the “Purchase Super Mario 3D All-Stars” mission and four additional eligible Mario-themed missions before they expire will be eligible to receive a limited edition set of commemorative Super Mario Bros. pins (while supplies last)."

So, I've already completed 5/6 (credited for 4 and completed Mario Kart, but won't get credit for it until 9/29 according to the site). My game is arriving tomorrow so I'll start it up right away, get the last required credit and should have no issue getting the pins. For those who have their game delayed, that sucks if they run out before they even get their game since that mission is mandatory.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 1, 2002
8753 posts
5130 upvotes
Toronto
Majokito wrote: From the Nintendo website:
"My Nintendo members who complete the “Purchase Super Mario 3D All-Stars” mission and four additional eligible Mario-themed missions before they expire will be eligible to receive a limited edition set of commemorative Super Mario Bros. pins (while supplies last)."

So, I've already completed 5/6 (credited for 4 and completed Mario Kart, but won't get credit for it until 9/29 according to the site). My game is arriving tomorrow so I'll start it up right away, get the last required credit and should have no issue getting the pins. For those who have their game delayed, that sucks if they run out before they even get their game since that mission is mandatory.
Mario Kart Tour is just play one course right?
Feb 14, 2019
979 posts
952 upvotes
Angultra wrote: Mario Kart Tour is just play one course right?
It just says participate. It's only 3 races and a time trial anyway so might as well do them all just to be sure. You can skip this anyway since you only need to do 4 of the 5 additional missions.

Race in the Super Mario Kart Tour event
Participate in the Super Mario Kart Tour event in the Mario Kart Tour mobile game on your smart phone or tablet. The event runs between 9/8 and 9/22 with special appearances by Mario (SNES) and Donkey Kong Jr. (SNES) from the original Super Mario Kart game. Check the game for more details.

Optional in-game purchases available. Persistent internet and compatible smart device required. Data charges may apply.

Users who complete this mission will receive credit on 9/29.
Deal Guru
Feb 19, 2008
14168 posts
4628 upvotes
London
I had the game pre-ordered and then I watched eurogamers deep dive on it and decided I don't want to pay $90 for 3 roms