Ongoing Deal Discussion

Switch Super Mario 3D All-Stars Pre-order (limited run) - $79.99

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 9th, 2020 4:47 pm
Dec 30, 2015
160 posts
251 upvotes
Toronto
Artwebb1986 wrote: Why would a Friday release on amazon mean next week when they deliver Saturday and Sunday?
Back then, they would always submit shipping information to Canada Post on Friday (day of release) and if I'm lucky, process the package the same day. Otherwise, it would be processed and shipped on Monday or Tuesday, and delivered either Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday.

I'm sure they use their couriers for pre-orders now, but considering many of my packages are still being delivered via Canada Post, I don't want to try again -- especially if it's something I've been anticipating for a long time.
Sep 30, 2001
28361 posts
7355 upvotes
Toronto
I’m confused. I cleared the Mario cup stage. Is that all that’s required?
FS: Xbox One X (NEW)

We're all in this together. Be kind and civil with one another
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2012
1960 posts
2840 upvotes
Artwebb1986 wrote: Why would a Friday release on amazon mean next week when they deliver Saturday and Sunday?
Depends on who they ship with. If it's Canada Post, they don't deliver on weekends. If it's "shipped" but not processed on Thursday, then they process it Friday. So likely delivery is the next week.
Aug 23, 2016
130 posts
197 upvotes
Well this sucks, was hoping to play Mario tomorrow. I spoke with amazon customer service and they said prime shipping wasn't available for this pre-order even though I'm pretty damn sure I clicked it when I pre-ordered it two weeks ago.
Jun 15, 2018
940 posts
414 upvotes
HarryLe wrote: Back then, they would always submit shipping information to Canada Post on Friday (day of release) and if I'm lucky, process the package the same day. Otherwise, it would be processed and shipped on Monday or Tuesday, and delivered either Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday.

I'm sure they use their couriers for pre-orders now, but considering many of my packages are still being delivered via Canada Post, I don't want to try again -- especially if it's something I've been anticipating for a long time.
I've tried for years to get them to only ship Canada post, yet they keep using the shit that is known as intelcom Express. I don't even remember the last time they shipped me a package that wasn't intelcom delivery. Positive is that I've gotten 5 out of 8 orders free, since they either deliver to the wrong building or won't bring it up to my condo.
Jun 15, 2018
940 posts
414 upvotes
Caerus wrote: Depends on who they ship with. If it's Canada Post, they don't deliver on weekends. If it's "shipped" but not processed on Thursday, then they process it Friday. So likely delivery is the next week.
Canada post has delivered many times on Saturdays, Christ back in May they even brought Atleast 40 packages to my building on a Sunday, left them outside but they brought them.
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2012
1960 posts
2840 upvotes
xristophoros wrote: wow, so many nintendo drones on here throwing their money away. you can play mario 64 via a superior fanmade port on pc FREE of charge. it even has widescreen support and improved textures making it much improved over nintendo's half assed attempt. mario sunshine is the worst 3d mario game so no point in spending money on it. you are essentially paying $90 for a barebones mario galaxy remaster. is that worth the money? come on now... i don't understand how grown adults can be so blindsighted when it comes to anything nintendo related. bust out the wii and enjoy mario galaxy 1 and 2 on a CRT as it was meant to be played. OR just wait for the galaxy standalone release on the switch down the line at a fraction of the price...
Wow, so many Nintendo haters trying to tell other people what games they should enjoy.
Jun 16, 2020
29 posts
14 upvotes
MrDisco wrote: I’m confused. I cleared the Mario cup stage. Is that all that’s required?
No, you need the game to get the pins. You require 4/5 of the missions with one of them being the game.
Jun 16, 2020
29 posts
14 upvotes
I might go see if i can buy the game at walmart or eb tomorrow and return the one i have coming from bestbuy to the them. I want those pins.
Dec 27, 2012
239 posts
329 upvotes
Caerus wrote: Wow, so many Nintendo haters trying to tell other people what games they should enjoy.
well, that did not take long. nintendo justice warrior to the rescue? just know that nintendo's anti consumer behavior is the result of people like you blindly supporting it. practicing restraint will be good for your will power :D
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2012
1960 posts
2840 upvotes
xristophoros wrote: well, that did not take long. nintendo justice warrior to the rescue? just know that nintendo's anti consumer behavior is the result of people like you blindly supporting it. practicing restraint will be good for your will power :D
Nah, I play on every system. I just find it annoying when people try to throw shade about what people should and shouldn't like.

You automatically assuming someone is a fanboy because they enjoy something you don't shows more about your character than anything...
Sep 4, 2009
467 posts
254 upvotes
Calgary
xristophoros wrote: wow, so many nintendo drones on here throwing their money away. you can play mario 64 via a superior fanmade port on pc FREE of charge. it even has widescreen support and improved textures making it much improved over nintendo's half assed attempt. mario sunshine is the worst 3d mario game so no point in spending money on it. you are essentially paying $90 for a barebones mario galaxy remaster. is that worth the money? come on now... i don't understand how grown adults can be so blindsighted when it comes to anything nintendo related. bust out the wii and enjoy mario galaxy 1 and 2 on a CRT as it was meant to be played. OR just wait for the galaxy standalone release on the switch down the line at a fraction of the price...
Everyone here has been around long enough to know there are many ways to enjoy these classics. The point is they have the money to spend and they’ll chose how they want to spend it.

Why is it your business how people spend their money?
- Don't support hoarding. Do your research, decide on the price you want to pay for it. Don't ever pay more than that.
Deal Addict
Jul 8, 2007
1422 posts
1269 upvotes
xristophoros wrote: well, that did not take long. nintendo justice warrior to the rescue? just know that nintendo's anti consumer behavior is the result of people like you blindly supporting it. practicing restraint will be good for your will power :D
You aren't pushing restraint, you are pushing piracy...
Jan 4, 2019
55 posts
21 upvotes
inferno_gn wrote: Hi there,

I'm waiting for the Game & Watch... It's gonna be all NES Mini again... :(

Ju Leon...
So you think theyll release the original paper mario from nintendo 64? That's all I want
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2014
3903 posts
3677 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
PirateAngel3000 wrote: So you think theyll release the original paper mario from nintendo 64? That's all I want
I believe they found reference to it on the cartridge but that could also be nothing. But if the N64 emulator works for other games then I'm sure it'll be released in some fashion.