Ongoing Deal Discussion

Switch Super Mario 3D All-Stars Pre-order (limited run) - $79.99

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 9th, 2020 4:47 pm
Jun 12, 2010
143 posts
294 upvotes
GP Legend wrote: In this industry, people get laid off even when the company does well. Just look at Activision. Your excuses don't fly here.
Do you understand that:
  1. Activision is a publisher and consists of many subsidiary game studios?
  2. I listed off singular game studios as an example?
  3. even if your example was valid (t's not), that it still wouldn't discredit what I said?
  4. the nature of game development sometimes necessitates layoffs and contract terminations during the lifetime of the development of a game? eg. concept artists once the game is released aren't needed, but you might still need SRE, dev, QA, etc. to support the game after release?
  5. some studios have multiple titles to work on they can transfer people in between, while others do not
  6. I literally worked in this industry at companies affected by these things and I might have some understanding of how this works?
Do my excuses fly yet or nah?
Last edited by ArchZeratul on Sep 21st, 2020 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Apr 8, 2018
9 posts
4 upvotes
Just tried redemption now for the pins and was able to get a confirmation.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 1, 2002
8930 posts
5342 upvotes
Toronto
Hopefully they'll have more codes for pins since it's just the first day and wave 1 rewards go until 12/22.
Last edited by Angultra on Sep 21st, 2020 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jun 16, 2020
29 posts
14 upvotes
I’m bummed out to. Was expecting an email and forgot about it until now.
Temp. Banned
Sep 15, 2014
2461 posts
1244 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
So.. is the game worth buying if you already own the original games on the original hardware?
This space for rent.
Deal Addict
Jul 27, 2002
2915 posts
324 upvotes
Nations Capital
TheImp wrote: So.. is the game worth buying if you already own the original games on the original hardware?
Depends. Do you want to replay the games? They all look better in this collection. M64 has some texture upgrades, nothing much else. Sunshine looks great in WS. Galaxy plays much better IMHO without wii motes. And looks great.
Now Heat ENABLED :)
-----------
Who Are You? - What Do You Want? - Why Are You Here? - Where Are You Going?
Deal Fanatic
Nov 20, 2003
6591 posts
2947 upvotes
Moncton, NB
TheImp wrote: So.. is the game worth buying if you already own the original games on the original hardware?
I have to say that I really enjoy Mario 64 (and the other 2 games as well). I enjoy playing M64 with the switch controller better than the N64 controller. Also the graphics looks great. I like that I can just pickup the switch and play everywhere I want.
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2009
2199 posts
1235 upvotes
GTA
Pins are already going for over $100 CAD on EBay.......
Deal Addict
May 14, 2010
2126 posts
270 upvotes
Summerland
ArchZeratul wrote: Do you understand that:
  3. even if your example was valid (t's not), that it still wouldn't discredit what I said?
  4. the nature of game development sometimes necessitates layoffs and contract terminations during the lifetime of the development of a game? eg. concept artists once the game is released aren't needed, but you might still need SRE, dev, QA, etc. to support the game after release?
  5. some studios have multiple titles to work on they can transfer people in between, while others do not
  6. I literally worked in this industry at companies affected by these things and I might have some understanding of how this works?
No, your lame excuses still don't fly, and now you are outright lying and denying facts. There are plenty of game developers besides you who have spoken up about the garbage practices in the industry that you are brushing off.

Yeah, Activision is a big publisher. What's your point? My example is very valid because it actually happened. Stop denying facts. You're not being as clever as you think. At least some of those studios you listed belong to big publishers.

Thanks for proving you are nothing more than a corporate apologist.
Apr 20, 2009
241 posts
113 upvotes
No more pins :(

The message is :

"We’re sorry!

The Super Mario Bros. collectible pin set is no longer available."

Will they be restocked?
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2003
2288 posts
892 upvotes
Toronto
ArchZeratul wrote: Do you understand that:
Ignore the trolls. It's not worth your time.
P10 2.4 THz CPU || 8 TB Ram || WD 300 TB HD || Nvidia w/ 32 TB Memory

"You're only as dumb as you look"
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2019
1056 posts
1028 upvotes
boopn wrote: No more pins :(

The message is :

"We’re sorry!

The Super Mario Bros. collectible pin set is no longer available."

Will they be restocked?
I don't think anyone can answer that for you.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 19, 2010
6313 posts
4511 upvotes
Ottawa
Angultra wrote: Hopefully they'll have more codes for pins since it's just the first day and wave 1 rewards go until 12/22.
Knowing Nintendo's track record....likely no more codes? But certainly hoping....was just going to buy the game to complete 6/6. It shouldn't be this difficult, Nintendo.

It's like they sold 100,000 copies on day 1 and are too busy patting themselves on the back rather than producing 300,000 pin sets.
With Zoomer Wireless !
Mar 18, 2011
119 posts
82 upvotes
Montreal, QC
so irritated the pins are gone already, I claimed the game as soon as my pre-order arrived, but all gone already! :( Hope they restock
Deal Addict
Apr 21, 2009
3603 posts
1472 upvotes
Grimsby
Lol I guess my Best Buy preorder will travel around the country before it arrives.
18875FD1-8787-42A2-A1F7-BC9900ABFBA7.jpeg
May 27, 2010
442 posts
178 upvotes
Picked it up at Shoppers Drug Mart with $24 in points.
Mar 25, 2012
146 posts
225 upvotes
NB
I'm a bit disappointed that they said the pins would go live at 12pm PST yesterday, only went live at like 4pm+ PST, and sold out almost instantly. *sigh* But honestly I'm not surprised. This is just what it's like to be a Nintendo fan, haha.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 19, 2010
6313 posts
4511 upvotes
Ottawa
CubieJ wrote: I'm a bit disappointed that they said the pins would go live at 12pm PST yesterday, only went live at like 4pm+ PST, and sold out almost instantly. *sigh* But honestly I'm not surprised. This is just what it's like to be a Nintendo fan, haha.
I wish Nintendo could be a little more transparent with its fans....instead, they appear like the "innocent, family-friendly, user-friendly, fun-filled" company and everyone cuts them way too much slack. In any case, hope they restock. If they don't oh well. They could have made 10,000 for all we know.
With Zoomer Wireless !
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2013
4995 posts
2969 upvotes
Toronto
joey003 wrote: Lol I guess my Best Buy preorder will travel around the country before it arrives.

18875FD1-8787-42A2-A1F7-BC9900ABFBA7.jpeg
And I thought it was bad when CP sent my video card from Mississauga to Montreal...
Jul 12, 2003
226 posts
96 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Just went to my local Costco and saw it for $77.99.
Images
  • upload.jpg