Ongoing Deal Discussion

Switch Super Mario 3D All-Stars Pre-order (limited run) - $79.99

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 9th, 2020 4:47 pm
Jun 15, 2018
917 posts
400 upvotes
COALslaw wrote: I'm in southern Ontario and mine shipped with an ETA of Tuesday. Why did I preorder this lol...
Southern Ontario here too and mine showed up today at noon or so. With the eta of delivery was 24-26th.

Just returned that copy to bestbuy.
Jun 12, 2010
110 posts
252 upvotes
randapanda wrote: Are you actually stupid? Pirating a digital game is not only not the same as stealing groceries, it's not stealing period. Nintendo loses NOTHING when people pirate a game they weren't gonna buy anyways. Grocers lose the entire food value when someone steals it.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyperbole
Sep 7, 2014
580 posts
245 upvotes
Toronto
Seems best buy will have many returns for this.

While mine is still sleeping with Purolator ----->
I grabbed one from SDM and made use of the 20X points.
Nov 25, 2014
397 posts
342 upvotes
$80 for 3 emulated games. Nintendo doesn't deserve a cent of your money for this
Jan 18, 2018
298 posts
411 upvotes
a2younis wrote:
Want to know the same thing for Mississauga :)

I called 2 nearby that carry games (Eglinton/Hurontario and Burnhamthorpe/Cawthra) and both had none.
Will try again tomorrow, but if anyone can suggest another location...
droccerp94 wrote: Anyone seen copies at shoppers drug mart in Toronto?
Just picked up a copy at Burnhamthorpe & Cawthra (sorry not Toronto, but close).
Got my 23700 points.

The guy guessed they had 4-5 more in stock.
Sep 4, 2009
465 posts
251 upvotes
Calgary
randapanda wrote: Are you actually stupid? Pirating a digital game is not only not the same as stealing groceries, it's not stealing period. Nintendo loses NOTHING when people pirate a game they weren't gonna buy anyways. Grocers lose the entire food value when someone steals it.
I’m not the original person who you’re responding to and not defending anyone. Just wanted to say teams of developers who slave hours upon hours build games. These developers need people to buy games to pay their salaries.

So, it’s far from free. In fact, if everyone just pirated, developers won’t be paid and no games would be made. Picture it this way. If you worked day in and day out in your job for months to years and then not getting paid for your work. That is the same as you believing that pirating is fine.

I’m not arguing about this game and how much effort / money Nintendo has put into these ports but pirating in general. Games don’t write themselves.
- Don't support hoarding. Do your research, decide on the price you want to pay for it. Don't ever pay more than that.
Jul 30, 2019
60 posts
48 upvotes
Vancouver
Returned my preorder copy to Bestbuy after redeeming points at shoppers instead.
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2015
2053 posts
1339 upvotes
Montreal, QC
So if by your logic pirating stuff is not stealing, it means it's legal, right? I wonder why people bother with VPNs when torrenting... Irony aside, there's the concept of stealing intellectual property, it's a real concept and it's called stealing.
Happy Koodo Public Mobile customer :-)
Mar 12, 2012
34 posts
21 upvotes
Vancouver
anyone have any luck finding it at any shoppers drug marts in Metro Vancouver?
Deal Addict
Jan 7, 2005
4015 posts
285 upvotes
My amazon order originally said delivery date sept 28, but came today at noon, whoo hoo. I love me some mario sunshine. These are just emulations not remakes if am not mistaken, and a bit pricey but so what, 3 great games in one!
Ephemera

Member since 2005.
Nov 16, 2015
123 posts
76 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Growing up I had an N64, GameCube and Wii yet never played any of these 3 games oddly enough..

Got a Switch and fell in love with Odyssey right away. Going back and playing these retro games for the first time is a ton of fun.

Ignore the haters in here. Some may not see any value in this but I love the convenience and it looks great on the Switch!
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
8534 posts
2932 upvotes
I would put Super Mario Galaxy 1 over Super Mario Odyssey

Ranking 3D Mario Games (not counting the 2D side-scrolling platformers):

1. Super Mario Galaxy
2. Super Mario Odyssey
3. Super Mario Galaxy 2
4. Super Mario 3D World (this one has 1-4 local simultaneous multiplayer, would rank it higher but the others have better level design)

quality drops way off after that

5. Super Mario 64 (still can't figure out where to go or what to do without a guide after the first few levels, had this problem back when I was a kid renting this from Blockbuster)
6. Super Mario Sunshine (The most divisive 3D Mario game, from what I played so far).
gldentiger wrote: Growing up I had an N64, GameCube and Wii yet never played any of these 3 games oddly enough..

Got a Switch and fell in love with Odyssey right away. Going back and playing these retro games for the first time is a ton of fun.

Ignore the haters in here. Some may not see any value in this but I love the convenience and it looks great on the Switch!
Nov 16, 2015
123 posts
76 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
XFactor11 wrote: I would put Super Mario Galaxy 1 over Super Mario Odyssey

Ranking 3D Mario Games:

1. Super Mario Galaxy
2. Super Mario Odyssey
3. Super Mario Galaxy 2
4. Super Mario 3D World

quality drops way off after that

5. Super Mario 64 (still can't figure out where to go or what to do without a guide after the first few levels, had this problem back when I was a kid renting this from Blockbuster)
6. Super Mario Sunshine (The most divisive 3D Mario game, from what I played so far).
I’m playing them in order so can’t wait to get to Mario Galaxy if this is the case.

I 100% agree with you on Super Mario 64. I’ve already had to YouTube my way through finding a couple of difficult stars.

Thanks for the heads up and have fun!