Ongoing Deal Discussion

Switch Super Mario 3D All-Stars Pre-order (limited run) - $79.99

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 9th, 2020 4:47 pm
Jun 15, 2018
917 posts
400 upvotes
jcha7420 wrote: Returned my preorder copy to Bestbuy after redeeming points at shoppers instead.
Well that was a waste. Shouldn't ever redeem points outside of the redemption events.
Dec 3, 2008
377 posts
277 upvotes
Artwebb1986 wrote: Well that was a waste. Shouldn't ever redeem points outside of the redemption events.
This weekend is a redemption event
Deal Addict
Dec 29, 2006
2548 posts
470 upvotes
randapanda wrote: Are you actually stupid? Pirating a digital game is not only not the same as stealing groceries, it's not stealing period. Nintendo loses NOTHING when people pirate a game they weren't gonna buy anyways. Grocers lose the entire food value when someone steals it.
Yeah because the games cost nothing to make, ITZ DIGITAL. what a dolt.
Deal Addict
Mar 25, 2007
1731 posts
997 upvotes
Toronto
DFS 360 wrote: Yeah because the games cost nothing to make, ITZ DIGITAL. what a dolt.
Typical theft making up excuse for their crimes while being triggered when confronted. Pathetic lmao..
Feb 14, 2019
891 posts
854 upvotes
If you look at your Mario missions page, it should be showing the "Purchase Game" mission as completed by now for those who were asking earlier. If you have finished all other missions you should be at 5 out 6. Mario Kart ends Sept 22 to complete the final mission.
Images
  • upload.png
Deal Addict
May 14, 2010
2092 posts
220 upvotes
Summerland
while[1];do;done wrote: I’m not the original person who you’re responding to and not defending anyone. Just wanted to say teams of developers who slave hours upon hours build games. These developers need people to buy games to pay their salaries.

So, it’s far from free. In fact, if everyone just pirated, developers won’t be paid and no games would be made. Picture it this way. If you worked day in and day out in your job for months to years and then not getting paid for your work. That is the same as you believing that pirating is fine.

I’m not arguing about this game and how much effort / money Nintendo has put into these ports but pirating in general. Games don’t write themselves.
Oh, this ridiculous excuse, again. The publishers pay their salaries, not us. Any game we buy, the developers won't see the profits from it, the CEOs and executives do. Buying these games won't make the developers stop slaving over them. So many of these big publishers abuse game developers and treat them like slaves, and buying these games just continues the cycle, not make it better. Maybe Nintendo themselves treat their developers properly, but so many publishers don't.
Sep 2, 2009
989 posts
698 upvotes
Ottawa
GP Legend wrote: Oh, this ridiculous excuse, again. The publishers pay their salaries, not us. Any game we buy, the developers won't see the profits from it, the CEOs and executives do. Buying these games won't make the developers stop slaving over them. So many of these big publishers abuse game developers and treat them like slaves, and buying these games just continues the cycle, not make it better. Maybe Nintendo themselves treat their developers properly, but so many publishers don't.
One way to look at it is that it's one less copy purchased. Someone from kijiji, local game store, publisher, etc.... someone(s) would have received the money.

Unless someone already has a legal copy, it is taking money from somewhere.

I'm not even against emulation. Just that it is not a fair comparison to point someone towards a 'free' copy vs a paid copy.
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2007
1446 posts
1081 upvotes
St Catharines
Majokito wrote: If you look at your Mario missions page, it should be showing the "Purchase Game" mission as completed by now for those who were asking earlier. If you have finished all other missions you should be at 5 out 6. Mario Kart ends Sept 22 to complete the final mission.
This is where I’m at.

Not sure why there were people in this thread saying that you only have to complete 5 of 6 missions, as long as one of them is buying the game.
Feb 14, 2019
891 posts
854 upvotes
daddyho24 wrote: This is where I’m at.

Not sure why there were people in this thread saying that you only have to complete 5 of 6 missions, as long as one of them is buying the game.
Because you only have to do 5 to get the pins. I'm just doing them all for completeness. :)
Feb 14, 2019
891 posts
854 upvotes
daddyho24 wrote: Where does it say this?
Says so right on the Mario site, see the attached image. 5 missions must be completed, and one of them must be the purchase.

In case you're still not sure, I've completed the pin set mission (see other attachment). I don't have the credit for the Mario Kart one yet since it's not awarded for a couple more days.
Images
  • upload.png
  • upload.png
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2007
2275 posts
821 upvotes
Toronto
As a long time Nintendo fan, I’m a bit disappointed Nintendo would make a limited run on this game, but it is what it is.

With that being said, maybe this guarantees Nintendo income that they need for their bottom line.

On a side note, remember the days when actual deals were posted? From time to time I see deals posted but most of the time it’s YMMV or a very limited time window to get the deal. Oh well.
Jul 21, 2020
7 posts
12 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
Looks like Rodrigo in Mississauga thinks he can sell this abundantly available game for double the price...
Images
  • 90D6E9E8-7916-4791-8DBC-6C244D0753B1.png