Switch Super Mario 3D All-Stars Pre-order (limited run) - $79.99

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 9th, 2020 4:47 pm
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2012
2009 posts
1346 upvotes
Calgary
dealswithit wrote: Do you know if they ever had them, or are they sold out of it.
Update (for YYC folks):

Called the following SDMs tonight to see if they had stock:
Millrise
Walden
McKenzie Towne
Silverado
Shawnessey

The above (plus Evergreen) either didn't have stock at all or informed me that they had just sold their last copies earlier today.

Finally, I called Deer Run SDM, and to my surprise, they had a copy. So I ran over and grabbed it. The person mentioned that they had a couple, but I am not sure if they meant that they still had some, or if they had already sold a couple earlier today. Worth calling tomorrow morning if you're still interested (assuming you still have a 20x offer tomorrow).
Jun 15, 2018
917 posts
400 upvotes
ryurouge wrote: Dang, I am in the same boat. I got it yesterday. But can I complain since I have prime and didnt get it on release day?
You can try but not going to do any good since even if you bought it Friday morning same day shipping wasn't available. You should have complained Friday to get the credit I only got $5 though.
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2017
1431 posts
602 upvotes
Toronto
Got my game yesterday from Local SDM, they had like 5 copies.. 20x points so i earned around 24k points.
Cancelled my amazon pre-order.
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2008
1447 posts
470 upvotes
Toronto
$77 at Costco. Etobicoke location had stock in Saturday - instant impulse buy!
Deal Fanatic
Mar 19, 2010
6097 posts
4305 upvotes
Toronto
chemicalxv wrote: There's definitely a mod or two deliberately gatekeeping this thread and I have zero idea why. Even the PS5 preorder topics were moved.
They likely generate hits and traffic. I will say...the PS5 Preorder thread belongs in Hot Deals (definition for what qualifies aside) for a couple of hours while most of the community snatched a console or two. Now it's hella unavailable. This game though...will certainly be on shelves for months to com.
With Zoomer Wireless !
Deal Addict
May 14, 2010
2092 posts
220 upvotes
Summerland
ArchZeratul wrote: So... who publishes Nintendo's games?

You also understand that if games don't perform according to projected sales, people get laid off and studios shut down? Ever heard of Radical? Do you want to guess why they shut down? How about United Front Games? PopCap Vancouver? Capcom? You know how many people lost their jobs to layoffs or office closures?

What you're saying about overpaid executives and mistreated developers is true for virtually every industry, not just games. You know that whole 1% movement? Do you think people working at McDonalds or Walmart are making a fair share of profits compared to the execs? If anything, those companies have more tolerance to loss than video game companies, so it should be more ethical to steal from them than pirate software, right? The only thing that's somewhat unique to the gaming industry compared to software as a whole is that there are more crunch periods preceding a release. Lots of hours on call shortly after launch. More hours put in overall compared to some more cushy software jobs, definitely an easy sector to burn out in... Source - am a software developer that worked for a game company...
In this industry, people get laid off even when the company does well. Just look at Activision. Your excuses don't fly here.
Jan 1, 2010
429 posts
406 upvotes
I got a copy from SDM at Hurontario and Eglinton (Mississauga).

They didn't have the game behind the cashiers.

I had to talked to the manager and he said they had 3 copies and I got one.

There should be around 2 copies left.
Nov 26, 2013
653 posts
516 upvotes
Winnipeg
I’m a bit disappointed that I didn’t get my copy on release - I preordered as soon as they were available and was hoping to play through this past weekend. At least in Winnipeg this game appears to be in stock almost everywhere.
Deal Addict
Apr 19, 2008
2139 posts
312 upvotes
Montreal
EB Games has lots of copies left, they also currently have a 30% trade-in bump. Traded 1 game worth $30 and it got bumped to 39$ - Not a real discount but better than nothing.
Instagram: prince_of_chips
Jan 22, 2007
197 posts
49 upvotes
Calgary
We recently learned that we may miss your delivery promise for your Amazon.ca Order (####) and apologize for the inconvenience. You'll still receive the item and you can track the status of or make any changes to your order under Your Orders on Amazon.ca

Classic. Maybe Wednesday, haha. I am not really in a rush anyways but should have known better...
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2014
3634 posts
3233 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
Said212 wrote: They likely generate hits and traffic. I will say...the PS5 Preorder thread belongs in Hot Deals (definition for what qualifies aside) for a couple of hours while most of the community snatched a console or two. Now it's hella unavailable. This game though...will certainly be on shelves for months to com.
Yeah there were no issues with the PS5 thread(s) being there at first. But once they were "sold out" and the topic had just devolved into discussion and insults the threads WERE moved.

This one legitimately has no reason to still be here and I really want to know what the justification for leaving it here is.
Oct 9, 2011
488 posts
182 upvotes
chemicalxv wrote:
This one legitimately has no reason to still be here and I really want to know what the justification for leaving it here is.
so people can report when they get their pin set? :p
Deal Addict
Apr 21, 2009
3412 posts
1316 upvotes
Grimsby
My Best Buy order still sitting at a sorting facility in Toronto since Thursday.....
Sep 20, 2020
0 posts
1 upvote
To those in GTA, King & Peter SDM still has around 10 copies. Just got mine with 20X points