• Oct 9th, 2020 4:47 pm
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2014
2247 posts
2358 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
Here is your reward code!

We’re sorry!

The Super Mario Bros. collectible pin set is no longer available.

WTF!!!
Aug 7, 2019
68 posts
168 upvotes
vancouver
Disappointed, I preordered through Best Buy on the 12th and it was supposed to arrive on the 18th as per Canada Post (Vancouver). It then changed to arrive today but it's still not here...
Is it worth it complaining to Best Buy if it doesn't arrive by the end of the day?
Sep 16, 2011
266 posts
221 upvotes
Lethbridge
Dmbpjfan wrote: I completed the Mario kart tour and also downloaded the my Mario wallpaper. Any reason why they aren’t showing completed?
For the wallpaper, did you click "This is my Mario"? As for Mario Kart Tour, it won't show as completed until the 29th.

Edit: I guess you did, that's the only way to prompt the download.
Sep 2, 2016
635 posts
345 upvotes
seriosbrad wrote: For the wallpaper, did you click "This is my Mario"? As for Mario Kart Tour, it won't show as completed until the 29th.

Edit: I guess you did, that's the only way to prompt the download.
Yeah it is messed up
Aug 12, 2013
243 posts
142 upvotes
Brandon
So got to the credit card part, tried my card a couple of times and it didn't work. Tried putting my code in again and now it says it's unvalid code.
Jun 12, 2010
112 posts
253 upvotes
GP Legend wrote: In this industry, people get laid off even when the company does well. Just look at Activision. Your excuses don't fly here.
Do you understand that:
  1. Activision is a publisher and consists of many subsidiary game studios?
  2. I listed off singular game studios as an example?
  3. even if your example was valid (t's not), that it still wouldn't discredit what I said?
  4. the nature of game development sometimes necessitates layoffs and contract terminations during the lifetime of the development of a game? eg. concept artists once the game is released aren't needed, but you might still need SRE, dev, QA, etc. to support the game after release?
  5. some studios have multiple titles to work on they can transfer people in between, while others do not
  6. I literally worked in this industry at companies affected by these things and I might have some understanding of how this works?
Do my excuses fly yet or nah?
Last edited by ArchZeratul on Sep 21st, 2020 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Apr 8, 2018
6 posts
1 upvote
Just tried redemption now for the pins and was able to get a confirmation.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 1, 2002
8605 posts
4954 upvotes
Toronto
Hopefully they'll have more codes for pins since it's just the first day and wave 1 rewards go until 12/22.
Last edited by Angultra on Sep 21st, 2020 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jun 16, 2020
29 posts
14 upvotes
I’m bummed out to. Was expecting an email and forgot about it until now.
Deal Addict
Sep 15, 2014
2447 posts
1225 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
So.. is the game worth buying if you already own the original games on the original hardware?
This space for rent.
Deal Addict
Jul 27, 2002
2902 posts
288 upvotes
Nations Capital
TheImp wrote: So.. is the game worth buying if you already own the original games on the original hardware?
Depends. Do you want to replay the games? They all look better in this collection. M64 has some texture upgrades, nothing much else. Sunshine looks great in WS. Galaxy plays much better IMHO without wii motes. And looks great.
Now Heat ENABLED :)
-----------
Who Are You? - What Do You Want? - Why Are You Here? - Where Are You Going?
Deal Fanatic
Nov 20, 2003
6491 posts
2753 upvotes
Moncton, NB
TheImp wrote: So.. is the game worth buying if you already own the original games on the original hardware?
I have to say that I really enjoy Mario 64 (and the other 2 games as well). I enjoy playing M64 with the switch controller better than the N64 controller. Also the graphics looks great. I like that I can just pickup the switch and play everywhere I want.
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2009
2133 posts
1154 upvotes
GTA
Pins are already going for over $100 CAD on EBay.......
Deal Addict
May 14, 2010
2093 posts
220 upvotes
Summerland
ArchZeratul wrote: Do you understand that:
  1. Activision is a publisher and consists of many subsidiary game studios?
  2. I listed off singular game studios as an example?
  3. even if your example was valid (t's not), that it still wouldn't discredit what I said?
  4. the nature of game development sometimes necessitates layoffs and contract terminations during the lifetime of the development of a game? eg. concept artists once the game is released aren't needed, but you might still need SRE, dev, QA, etc. to support the game after release?
  5. some studios have multiple titles to work on they can transfer people in between, while others do not
  6. I literally worked in this industry at companies affected by these things and I might have some understanding of how this works?
Do my excuses fly yet or nah?
No, your lame excuses still don't fly, and now you are outright lying and denying facts. There are plenty of game developers besides you who have spoken up about the garbage practices in the industry that you are brushing off.

Yeah, Activision is a big publisher. What's your point? My example is very valid because it actually happened. Stop denying facts. You're not being as clever as you think. At least some of those studios you listed belong to big publishers.

Thanks for proving you are nothing more than a corporate apologist.
Apr 20, 2009
237 posts
113 upvotes
No more pins :(

The message is :

"We’re sorry!

The Super Mario Bros. collectible pin set is no longer available."

Will they be restocked?